Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My SB prediction based on conspiracy theory

Yoshinator

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know. Remember the Pittsburgh-New England game last year? That was a bogus call. Had that been called a catch, Pittsburgh would have won the game and would have had HFA, if I recall correctly. 

That was the right call at the time. Controversial for sure and part of the reason rules were changed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I don't know what's dumber believing this will happen, believing what the guy said was racist, pretending to believe this will happen (place a bet then), or pretending to believe what the guy said was racist.

giphy.gif

Where's the racist stuff coming from?  Unless you mean this:

On 11/24/2018 at 11:18 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

He's not like the former Clippers owner, and never got accused of Racism or anything.

That's the only mention of racism in the entire thread, and Jared is saying McNair wasn't being racist.

I didn't say anything about McNair being racist.  I just think it's pretty dumb to call your employees "inmates".  Makes it kinda hard to like the guy, ya know?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know. Remember the Pittsburgh-New England game last year? That was a bogus call. Had that been called a catch, Pittsburgh would have won the game and would have had HFA, if I recall correctly. 

Both the Pats & Steelers are the league's teams. Only one can go to the SB, and they chose Kraft's team.

The 3rd and really only other AFC team that the league likes is Elway's team.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

if i actually thought it was fixed, i would not watch at all.  what would be the point in that?

games have been decided by bad calls, but that doesnt mean its intentional.  sometimes those refs get fired or punished too

The NFL is a business. They are about ratings. They will do whatever it takes to get ratings. A good story = ratings. Whether that means a natural disaster, a player retiring, playing for someone who died, whatever it takes. It's about making money. Some outcomes will make a lot more money than others, and the NFL will do what they can to achieve those outcomes.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The NFL is a business. They are about ratings. They will do whatever it takes to get ratings. A good story = ratings. Whether that means a natural disaster, a player retiring, playing for someone who died, whatever it takes. It's about making money. Some outcomes will make a lot more money than others, and the NFL will do what they can to achieve those outcomes.

Hilarious.  The NFL isn't going to be involved in fixing games.   The government would drop the hammer on them if they did.    Nonsense

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Exactly. Some teams seem to always get the favorable calls (Patriots, Packers, Cowboys) but if I thought the games were fixed, I would not watch.

But people do like watching wrestling; so, to each his own. :dunno:

Wrestling admits it is fake. Everyone knows it's a soap opera/sports entertainment. They don't insult my intelligence like the NFL does. The NFL rigs its outcomes and people defend that it's real. At least I can have intelligent wrestling conversation with people because we are all on the same wavelength that we know it's rigged before discussing what's good and bad about it.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Wrestling admits it is fake. Everyone knows it's a soap opera/sports entertainment. They don't insult my intelligence like the NFL does. The NFL rigs its outcomes and people defend that it's real. At least I can have intelligent wrestling conversation with people because we are all on the same wavelength that we know it's rigged before discussing what's good and bad about it.

"Intelligent wrestling conversation"  This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.       :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They are about ratings. They will do whatever it takes to get ratings.

If it's about ratings, then it will definitely be a "Battle of LA" SB.

People on the east coast are going to bed right after the SB.

The west coast is 3 hours behind, so they will still be up for a while after the SB watching highlights on NFL Network of their team winning.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The west coast is 3 hours behind, so they will still be up for a while after the SB watching highlights on NFL Network of their team winning.

giphy.gif

Very well could be, we'll see. 

• Thanks 1

Very well could be, we'll see. 

I have seen the story-line.

tumblr_o3y7tzPVqr1qfx0b8o1_500.gif

It has been foretold.  The mighty Rams of Los Angeles shall defeat the electrifying Chargers of... also Los Angeles.  BE AFRAID!  For the Battle of LA shall shake the very foundations of the earth!

(and finally, one of the bajillion current and former NFL employees/referees will accidentally tell the best-kept secret in history and reveal that it's all fixed)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

i dont agree with you.  if i did i would not be here or care about this sport anymore

i cant believe you keep watching if you actually think this is true

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

Where's the racist stuff coming from?  Unless you mean this:

That's the only mention of racism in the entire thread, and Jared is saying McNair wasn't being racist.

I didn't say anything about McNair being racist.  I just think it's pretty dumb to call your employees "inmates".  Makes it kinda hard to like the guy, ya know?

giphy.gif

I'm sure you're very aware that the comments were referencing the kneeling last year. If you're not, then you're even more easily offended...the analogy he made is about as old as "hold on to your hat" which was an offensive at 1 time. Fast forward to today and you hear it every now and then from a middle management guy at a K-Mart. Or a guy whose 90,000 years old. Meanwhile I'm glad somebody mentioned the Clippers owner who it was quietly decided had a few light bulbs that had burned out, quietly of course because nobody wanted to completely shoot down the mere chance to act offended over racism. McNair was 81 years old and made the comment a year or so before his death. If you truly are offended, get over it jeeze.

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

If you're not, then you're even more easily offended

If you truly are offended, get over it jeeze.

You really like accusing people of being offended.  haha

I'm not personally offended by what McNair said, I just think it was dumb and doesn't endear him to fans, which was the point of the OPs conspiracy theory...

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i dont agree with you.  if i did i would not be here or care about this sport anymore

i cant believe you keep watching if you actually think this is true

I use the same mindset watching football as I do wrestling. It's a soap opera, and it's sports-entertainment (which is code for the NFL being able to rig the games without consequence, hence the word "entertainment"). I know if the team becomes elite, and Luck becomes close to Manning's level, that the league will make sure we win a SB at some point in Luck's career. It also helps that Ballard is a great GM, and Reich is a very good coach. Those are factors in determining who wins the SB. So I know with all those things going for us now, the odds of us getting a SB before Luck retires are high so as long as this team keeps improving. That's why I watch, my belief that it's rigged coincides with us being chosen to win a SB in the future. I've been through the hard times in the Luck era, why would I stop now?

24 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

O I see you can speak for how they feel but I can't speak for what you're clearly saying no matter how much you dance around it. You can smell the tears and the rage on the memes you post btw...it's similar to amfootball's overuse of smileys back in the day. 

giphy.gif

What's next?  Am I a flake of snow?  Or wait, I know, I live in my moms basement.  That's always a good go-to internet insult.

You seem to be getting bent out of shape about this.  Which amuses me to no end.

giphy.gif

But by all means, continue ranting, friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think you are confusing the media with the NFL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

What's next?  Am I a flake of snow?  Or wait, I know, I live in my moms basement.  That's always a good go-to internet insult.

You seem to be getting bent out of shape about this.  Which amuses me to no end.

giphy.gif

But by all means, continue ranting, friend.

Is this amfootball's newest alt?

On 11/24/2018 at 11:04 AM, aaron11 said:

i dont think its fixed,  no matter what unfolds you can make a story out of it.  last year the eagles won their first super bowl ever, thats a story right?  if brady wins another if will be about the dynasty.  if the colts win its about lucks come back.  if the vikings had won it would be about the home team.  if the saints win it will be about brees joining the other great qbs

you can do that for any team, every year 

Great example from last year. The one defensive play was not caused by a ref call or non call.. it was just the breaks of that game.  (FYI both Ds should have been ashamed of that effort and both look sub par this year too.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I use the same mindset watching football as I do wrestling. It's a soap opera, and it's sports-entertainment (which is code for the NFL being able to rig the games without consequence, hence the word "entertainment"). I know if the team becomes elite, and Luck becomes close to Manning's level, that the league will make sure we win a SB at some point in Luck's career. It also helps that Ballard is a great GM, and Reich is a very good coach. Those are factors in determining who wins the SB. So I know with all those things going for us now, the odds of us getting a SB before Luck retires are high so as long as this team keeps improving. That's why I watch, my belief that it's rigged coincides with us being chosen to win a SB in the future. I've been through the hard times in the Luck era, why would I stop now?

NFL and wrestling aren't even remotely close to being in the same talk. Both have "athletes" I guess? Wrestling is very obvious that it's scripted and is very much scripted. Nobody is ever going to deny that, unless you're very much out of the loop mentally. The NFL is not. Nobody is guaranteed anything in the NFL no matter what "story" is behind the team or city at the time. All of these conspiracy videos you see online are complete nonsense so please do not buy into it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

For some reason the NFL don't seem to like the Chargers. Maybe that's why Eli refused to play for them?

They really had some great teams that always whooped us in playoffs yet still didn't make it to the SB.

• Like 1

I guess it was a conspiracy, when Bud Grants Vikings went and lost 4 Super Bowls, or the Bills losing 4 when they went, or the Eagles "oh wait they won last year" or the big one Super Bowl 3

Colts favored by 17 against the Jets? Maybe it started then when the American Football league

& the National football league for money sake needed that merger, so they needed the American football league to win. Thus the upset. Believe me I was around to watch that, and it was only over confidence that lost that particular game for us. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 11:43 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

If Brees announces he is retiring before the playoffs begin like Peyton and Ray Lewis did, then he will win the SB 100%. There's no way the NFL would let him go out a loser.

Well Jared, I will give you props for putting it out there, now we will see if it's correct.

But I will say one thing, Peyton did not announce he was retiring before the playoffs.  As a matter of fact, even after the SB he did not say he was retiring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well Jared, I will give you props for putting it out there, now we will see if it's correct.

But I will say one thing, Peyton did not announce he was retiring before the playoffs.  As a matter of fact, even after the SB he did not say he was retiring.

Apparently, he hinted after the AFCCG to Belichick that this would be his last rodeo. That is what we get to go based on. :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not going to jump on you like a lot of other posters because someone challenged you to do this at the beginning of the season and you are, so again props for that.

The real question is though, since you claim to use this information for betting purposes, are you putting money on your own conspiracy theory?

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not going to jump on you like a lot of other posters because someone challenged you to do this at the beginning of the season and you are, so again props for that.

The real question is though, since you claim to use this information for betting purposes, are you putting money on your own conspiracy theory?

I will do what I always do and bet $5 on them right now. If the media brings it up later and the Texans make the SB, I will bet on them later a 2nd time. The LA SB is still very much in play, and something new could come up. This is the first "story" SB to possibly come up for a team that has a winning record, so I wanted to get it out there in case it happens so people can't say I didn't call it later if it happens.

• Like 1

I never thought I’d say this but...

As others have said, we challenged Jared to do this, he’s stepped up to the plate so let’s cut him some slack on this for now. See how it pans out. Texans or bust.

also.. and again I never thought I’d be saying this. Can we not derail the topic with all this PC/racism chat. If you want to squabble between yourselves take it outside so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

So when the Patriots went undefeated the season they lost the Super bowl and lost to the Giants, I assume,  that it was to preserve them, from breaking the Dolphin's record? That's what the media wanted?

No, the NFL wanted the Pats to win the SB and become the new-age Dolphins. The David Tyree helmet catch stopped that from happening on the final drive, and allowed Eli to score a TD on the final drive to win it for the Giants.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

No, the NFL wanted the Pats to win the SB and become the new-age Dolphins. The David Tyree helmet catch stopped that from happening on the final drive, and allowed Eli to score a TD on the final drive to win it for the Giants.

That doesn't fly.

The head ref could have (and probably should have) called Eli down on the helmet catch, but he let the play unfold.

If the fix was in, the head ref would have whistled that play dead and the Pats would have won.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That doesn't fly.

The head ref could have (and probably should have) called Eli down on the helmet catch, but he let the play unfold.

If the fix was in, the head ref would have whistled that play dead and the Pats would have won.

If the refs didn't allow an obscure play like that (which was unusual at the time, now lots of crazy things are happening), there would of been plenty of negative backlash and even casual fans would have been calling it rigged because it would of been the Pats who benefited. They were in a corner, and they did the only thing they could. Allow the play, which would bring a lot of talk in itself, and hope the Giants choked at the end (which they didn't).

If the refs didn't allow an obscure play like that (which was unusual at the time, now lots of crazy things are happening), there would of been plenty of negative backlash and even casual fans would have been calling it rigged because it would of been the Pats who benefited. They were in a corner, and they did the only thing they could, allow the play, which would bring a lot of talk in itself, and hope the Giants choked at the end (which they didn't).

Mike Carey admits that he almost blew the play dead.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Mike-Carey-nearly-ruined-Giants-David-Tyree-helmet-catch-50940184/

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/former-nfl-ref-admitted-he-nearly-made-a-call-that-would-have-changed-patriots-super-bowl-history/

And nobody would have batted an eye if he had.  Once a DLineman grabs a QB, it's almost proper protocol to blow the play dead so the QB doesn't get hurt.

Sorry, but you're chasing your own tail trying to rationalize this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Mike Carey admits that he almost blew the play dead.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Mike-Carey-nearly-ruined-Giants-David-Tyree-helmet-catch-50940184/

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/former-nfl-ref-admitted-he-nearly-made-a-call-that-would-have-changed-patriots-super-bowl-history/

And nobody would have batted an eye if he had.  Once a DLineman grabs a QB, it's almost proper protocol to blow the play dead so the QB doesn't get hurt.

Sorry, but you're chasing your own tail trying to rationalize this one.

I believe you, he was making a decision on if he wanted to push his luck. It's like a small-time thief getting away with small thefts over a large period of time, then he has an opportunity to steal something big. He weighs the pluses and minuses, and decides to play it safe and not do it and stick to small thefts where he never gets caught. The NFL will never get caught doing what they are doing. This would of been too obvious, and Mike Carey made the right decision in order not to make it obvious to every fan watching on a national stage. Nothing would of been done about it, but people would be talking about that today if he made the opposite decision and how the Giants got robbed, and the integrity of the league would be in question.

In all honesty, there's nothing anyone can do to change my mind about this right now. If the Texans specifically make the SB and lose, I may change my mind. If Brady and/or Brees announce their retirement before the playoffs this year, and don't win the SB, I'll change my mind and admit I'm wrong. Something has to happen that I think is rigged, and have it turn out where they lose. If that happens remains to be seen. I'm done talking about this thread until then.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 1:06 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

First,  that's not wrestling. Real wrestling is THEE hardest sport to do. What they do is not even close to wrestling. They are for entertainment and the money yes,  but wrestling,  there are no entertainment and money involved in it.  Its just one vs one who's the better wrestler and who's going to come out on top and whoop your *

56 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

In all honesty, there's nothing anyone can do to change my mind about this right now. 

I'm done talking about this thread until then.

I admit.  I admire your conviction.  I'm actually kind of impressed.  :hat:

Part of me kind of hopes that it comes out that refs are instructed by the owners to help certain teams at certain times.  A small part, but there it is.

If it happens, I'll be first in line when you start serving boiled spice-free crow to the rest of us.  (I won't eat it raw, that's unsanitary)  :thmup:

• Like 1