Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My SB prediction based on conspiracy theory

Yoshinator

People were saying earlier this year that I was crazy for thinking the NFL is rigged and that games weren't fake. They told me to tell them who will win the SB based on a conspiracy theory during the next season. Well, I'm going to make a prediction. Texans owner Bob Mcnair died yesterday. The Texans are on a hot streak right now, and winning the SB would make a great story for them. Not only winning it for their owner who passed away, but winning the first SB in their franchises history. Just remember, there can be multiple stories that can make sense for many teams from now until then, but the first one that makes major sense at this point in the season would be the Texans. They have the storybook ending that the media can feed into, and they have the record and team that can make a run with the refs help. Don't be surprised to see the Texans make a SB run this year out of nowhere if the media and NFL consistently discuss the Texans fighting for Bob Mcnair and how great it would be to win a SB for him.

• Like 2

i dont think its fixed,  no matter what unfolds you can make a story out of it.  last year the eagles won their first super bowl ever, thats a story right?  if brady wins another if will be about the dynasty.  if the colts win its about lucks come back.  if the vikings had won it would be about the home team.  if the saints win it will be about brees joining the other great qbs

you can do that for any team, every year 

• Thanks 2

I hate to speak ill of the dead... but you mean the guy that said the "inmates", aka his players, shouldn't be "running the prison"?

The guy that then apologized for that comment, but then said he shouldn't have apologized for it?

THAT GUY?!?

jim-halpert-shock-reaction-listening.gif

This Lex Luthor look-a-like?

59f358efbcf93d1d008b5099-750-375.jpg

THAT guy is supposed to be the feel-good story of the NFL this year?

spkyrll.gif

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think its fixed,  no matter what unfolds you can make a story out of it.  last year the eagles won their first super bowl ever, thats a story right?  if brady wins another if will be about the dynasty.  if the colts win its about lucks come back.  if the vikings had won it would be about the home team.  if the saints win it will be about brees joining the other great qbs

you can do that for any team, every year 

When it's based on sonething like a natural disaster (Hurricane Katrina), someone retiring (Manning, Bettis, Ray Lewis), or possibly someone's death (Bob McNair if it happens), that's a legit story that the media runs with. Your examples are poor as there was no story around the Eagles really, Brady will only be a story if they talk about him retiring with a SB. Luck I agree with, but that won't happen this year. Vikings I agree with, and I believe that was supposed to happen last year. The Brees one is poor as Brees already won a SB. It will only work if he retires and wins one (like Brady).

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I hate to speak ill of the dead... but you mean the guy that said the "inmates", aka his players, shouldn't be "running the prison"?

The guy that then apologized for that comment, but then said he shouldn't have apologized for it?

THAT GUY?!?

spkyrll.gif

He's not like the former Clippers owner, and never got accused of Racism or anything. There are black and white players on the Texans. Also, yes, the pieces fit perfectly. The Texans are winning every game recently, they have a story, and if the NFL wants to push it, the Texans can play well enough to win the SB with the refs help. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's the first major possibility the NFL has at this time.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When it's based on sonething like a natural disaster (Hurricane Katrina), someone retiring (Manning, Bettis, Ray Lewis), or possibly someone's death (Bob McNair if it happens), that's a legit story that the media runs with. Your examples are poor as there was no story around the Eagles really, Brady will only be a story if they talk about him retiring with a SB. Luck I agree with, but that won't happen this year. Vikings I agree with, and I believe that was supposed to happen last year. The Brees one is poor as Brees already won a SB. It will only work if he retires and wins one (like Brady).

i cant agree with this

the eagles did win last year, where is the conspiracy?  i think you are reaching here, big time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

but it's the first major possibility the NFL has at this time.

It would be more believable that the NFL wants the Rams to win the SB so the huge, but finicky population of LA buys a bunch of Rams SB gear and the NFL makes a bajillion dollars.

Plus, if the Chargers make it to the SB and it's an all-LA SB, the NFL gets to cash in on that story-line.

"Battle of LA" is a much better conspiracy theory than "do it for Lex Luthor"...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i cant agree with this

the eagles did win last year, where is the conspiracy?  i think you are reaching here, big time

there was no conspiracy. I said numerous times in that other thread that the Vikings were supposed to win. They were supposed to win the SB in their own stadium so it was the first time ever it happened for a team. The problem was the Eagles beat them so bad in the playoffs that the refs couldn't do anything about it, so the backup plan was a generic underdog story between the Eagles and Pats in the SB.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It would be more believable that the NFL wants the Rams to win the SB so the huge, but finicky population of LA buys a bunch of Rams SB gear and the NFL makes a bajillion dollars.

Plus, if the Chargers make it to the SB and it's an all-LA SB, the NFL gets to cash in on that story-line.

"Battle of LA" is a much better conspiracy theory than "do it for Lex Luthor"...

A lot of people have thought of that and it could happen still. That's a big possibility. I was only naming something on this thread as my prediction that the NFL could explore, and can be used as a big opportunity for them. There are many things that can happen during the year to create the story that they run with. It's up to people to recognize what the media discusses and figure it out. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

there was no conspiracy. I said numerous times in that other thread that the Vikings were supposed to win. They were supposed to win the SB in their own stadium so it was the first time ever it happened for a team. The problem was the Eagles beat them so bad in the playoffs that the refs couldn't do anything about it, so the backup plan was a generic underdog story between the Eagles and Pats in the SB.

so you think its a conspiracy because sometimes it turns out to be a feel good story, but when it doesnt pan out you have an excuse to cover 

heres what i think.  winning a super bowl is always a big story to somebody.  it may not be a natural disaster survivor every year but its still a big story to some one.  its merely coincidence when that the saints won after Katrina and that was years later too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

so you think its a conspiracy because sometimes it turns out to be a feel good story, but when it doesnt pan out you have an excuse to cover 

heres what i think.  winning a super bowl is always a big story to somebody.  it may not be a natural disaster survivor every year but its still a big story to some one.  its merely coincidence when that the saints won after Katrina and that was years later too

I think the NFL plans something every year as a story, but it doesn't always work out if the game gets out of hand. Sometimes, the media will take a story and run with it and it carries over to the SB, sometimes that team will get destroyed and it doesn't work out. The refs can only rig a game so much before it becomes obvious to casual fans, they can only swing a game so much. If the chosen team loses by 10+ points, then the refs usually can't do anything about it.

51 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Your examples are poor as there was no story around the Eagles really

There definitely was a story last year. A franchise who has never won going up against “the goat” and the greatest franchise of all time after losing their young MVP caliber QB and winning with a backup. It was like the ultimate Cinderella story. I don’t believe it was rigged, but there definitely was a story.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

Saints winning the Super Bowl five years after Katrina is clear evidence of a conspiracy. Wake up, sheeple.

Well you see it's more complicated than that. It all starts in Ingolstadt, Germany seen as an essential city to the formation of the Illuminati. So which is the only NFL team with a German HOFer? The Steelers with Defensive Tackle Ernie Stautner. Coincidence? Not at all. He wore number 70. 70 games ago equates to 5 seasons ago when what happened? The Steelers missed the playoffs in 2013, the last time they missed. Now the NFL has set this up all for a reason... the number of games since the Steelers were irrelevant is the same as the number of the only HOF German which ties all back to Ingolstadt, where the Illuminati was believed to be formed... Now the Steelers will win the SB and Big Ben will ride off into the sunset...WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

People were saying earlier this year that I was crazy for thinking the NFL is rigged and that games weren't fake. They told me to tell them who will win the SB based on a conspiracy theory during the next season. Well, I'm going to make a prediction. Texans owner Bob Mcnair died yesterday. The Texans are on a hot streak right now, and winning the SB would make a great story for them. Not only winning it for their owner who passed away, but winning the first SB in their franchises history. Just remember, there can be multiple stories that can make sense for many teams from now until then, but the first one that makes major sense at this point in the season would be the Texans. They have the storybook ending that the media can feed into, and they have the record and team that can make a run with the refs help. Don't be surprised to see the Texans make a SB run this year out of nowhere if the media and NFL consistently discuss the Texans fighting for Bob Mcnair and how great it would be to win a SB for him.

Texans are not that good if anyone is winning the superbowl my money is on the saints.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Refs missed the memo in the divisional game against the Saints as Vikings could've gotten lot more calls on their way when they were getting carved up by Brees in the 2nd half and needed Minneapolis miracle to win it.

To this day I still think SB 44 looks fishy. The way the pre-game analysts and commentators were talking about how wonderful it would be if the Saints win the SB because of Katrina. Even Obama was rooting for the Saints and talked about Katrina before the game. Katie Couric talked non-stop about it as well. I am not going to be that guy to say it was fixed because then I would be saying Peyton was a part of that with that unexpected terrible pass at the end. Peyton is from New Orleans though lmao. Just some thoughts. 

-By the way I was in Vegas during that game and stayed away from that game. I didn't bet on it because everyone was betting on the Saints and taking the 5.5 points. I am a huge Colts fan and we hadn't lost a game all season when Peyton played a whole game and I still stayed away from it. 

-@jared, I really see no way the Texans will win the SB. They are just not good enough. The Colts are just as good in reality or close to it. The league IMO would love an LA vs LA SB though. It's a huge market and Rivers getting his 1st Ring would be a huge deal. The Rams are lovable and an exciting team right now. There are alot of Rams fans all of the sudden and alot of people follow them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

THAT GUY?!?

spkyrll.gif

In all fairness what Mcnair said was a figure of speech.  Had he said the inmates running the asylum it wouldn't have made such a stink. In a world of PC just about anything said about anything or anyone can be construed to offend someone.  This is a thin skinned world we live in and there are way too many powder puffs who just look for reasons to be offended.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In a world of PC just about anything said about anything or anyone can be construed to offend someone.  This is a thin skinned world we live in and there are way too many powder puffs who just look for reasons to be offended.

I feel like this has always been the go-to response of every old person that doesn't like that they shouldn't use offensive old-timey words/phrases anymore...

The times, they are always a changin, and the old-guard never likes it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.  Unfortunately, this will be me someday.  :sigh:

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

SB 40, the Bettis retirement when Pitt beat Seattle. That was the worst officiated game in the history of SB's FWIW. Seattle got robbed.

Now that game I could very well say it could have been fixed. 

Add the game where the Raiders got robbed with the "tuck" fumble by Brady and that just adds to the theory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I feel like this has always been the go-to response of every old person that doesn't like that they shouldn't use offensive old-timey words/phrases anymore...

The times, they are always a changin, and the old-guard never likes it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.  Unfortunately, this will be me someday.  :sigh:

Now wait a minute!!  It offends me for you to say that !! haha

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now that game I could very well say it could have been fixed. 

Add the game where the Raiders got robbed with the "tuck" fumble by Brady and that just adds to the theory.

I agree 100%. I was sort of joking about SB 44 but everyone in the pre game was talking about Katrina and I mean alot. I was joking about it because of Peyton and Reggie both having a major brain fart as well lmao. SB 40 just looked real bad!! Seattle had so many key penalties go against them and the Penalties looked cheap.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I think my conspiracy theory this season is Drew Breese. His career is nearing the end. I think "they" would like very much if he wins the season MVP, his 2nd RING, and SB MVP. 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think my conspiracy theory this season is Drew Breese. His career is nearing the end. I think "they" would like very much if he wins the season MVP, his 2nd RING, and SB MVP. 

If Brees announces he is retiring before the playoffs begin like Peyton and Ray Lewis did, then he will win the SB 100%. There's no way the NFL would let him go out a loser.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

if i actually thought it was fixed, i would not watch at all.  what would be the point in that?

Exactly. Some teams seem to always get the favorable calls (Patriots, Packers, Cowboys) but if I thought the games were fixed, I would not watch.

But people do like watching wrestling; so, to each his own. :dunno:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Exactly. Some teams seem to always get the favorable calls (Patriots, Packers, Cowboys) but if I thought the games were fixed, I would not watch.

But people do like watching wrestling; so, to each his own. :dunno:

You left the Steelers out, they get more calls than anyone if you look at SB's and Playoff games. The other 3 teams do get away with alot though. The Pats and Packers hold on Offense and Defense and get away with it over the years bigtime.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You left the Steelers out, they get more calls than anyone if you look at SB's and Playoff games. The other 3 teams do get away with alot though. The Pats and Packers hold on Offense and Defense and get away with it over the years bigtime.

I don't know. Remember the Pittsburgh-New England game last year? That was a bogus call. Had that been called a catch, Pittsburgh would have won the game and would have had HFA, if I recall correctly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Remember the Pittsburgh-New England game last year. That was a bogus call. Had that been called a catch, Pittsburgh would have won the game and would have had HFA, if I recall correctly. 

The Pats got that call but the Steelers have got so many calls in big games that it is ridiculous. SB 40 against Seattle, against us in 1995 in the AFC Title Game, even against Dallas in SB 13 they got a bogus Interference call where Swann tripped over his own feet that set up a critical score. 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Pats got that call but the Steelers have got so many calls in big games that it is ridiculous. SB 40 against Seattle, against us in 1995 in the AFC Title Game, even against Dallas in SB 13 they got a bogus Interference call where Swann tripped over his own feet that set up a critical score. 

I still don't think any team gets more favorable calls than the Brady-led Patriots. It started with that "Tuck Rule" that was invented for him. Lol. Then during the playoffs with the Colts a year or two later, their defenders were touching and interfering with Colts receivers and they got no penalties. The following offseason the NFL instituted new rules against those. The name Pollard comes to mind. Did the Colts have a player named Pollard that was interfered with by Pats defenders during those playoffs?

Anyway, there have been so many calls in favor of the Pats the past 15 or so years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I still don't think any team gets more favorable calls than the Brady-led Patriots. It started with that "Tuck Rule" that was invented for him. Lol. Then during the playoffs with the Colts a year or two later, their defenders were touching and interfering with Colts receivers and they got no penalties. The following offseason the NFL instituted new rules against those. The name Pollard comes to mind. Did the Colts have a player named Pollard that was interfered with by Pats defenders during those playoffs? Anyway, there have been so many along the years.

Yeah they get alot too, yes Pollard was a TE we had. It's pretty even between the Pats and Steelers. I guess the Pats out Steelerd the Steelers last season with the call they got :spit: