Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

04 divisional game??

Tsarquise

16 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Could someone with football knowledge explain what the heck happened to the Colts offense in that game? Did they play too conservative? How in the heck did they only score 3 points?

If, you're referring to the NE game and memory serves me correct. BB had the grounds crew wet the field (rumor) the evening before the game. Also, the zebras allowed the Pats CBs, to  hold and molest the Colts WRs the entire game. Very few flags on the defense.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm off.

32 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Could someone with football knowledge explain what the heck happened to the Colts offense in that game? Did they play too conservative? How in the heck did they only score 3 points?

On this, the day of my daughters' wedding...

untitled_119.png?itok=PMYswiJT&resize=11

In the middle of this, the renaissance of the Colts' high-powered offense, you ask this of me?  What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

If, you're referring to the NE game and memory serves me correct. BB had the grounds crew wet the field (rumor) the evening before the game. Also, the zebras allowed the Pats CBs, to  hold and molest the Colts WRs the entire game. Very few flags on the defense.

They say that game changed the NFL.  

It’s all documented in a different thread how the rules committee, led by Polian, insisted they actually call pass interference.   

It’s continued to evolve into a offense friendly league due to health concerns, and ratings.  

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

That was 03' AFCCG. I'm talking about the 04 divisional game where they only scored 3 freaking points. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 04 game was the same thing, BB had the field water downed plus it snowed and they held on Defense all game. The Rules didn't change until 2006 I think. 

No, they changed the next year  ('04).

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You could say the only loss worse than that is the goose-egg the Colts laid against the NY Jets in the 2002 playoff loss.

0-41...

I STILL dont know how we fell apart to a lame arm QB (Pennington)

????

Painful

The losses to SD, Pittsburgh, NE,............  very PAINFUL

Well if that game was played today, the pats would have been flagged for holding and defenseless receiver basically every play. Also didnt help the field was horrible and it was cold. 

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I STILL dont know how we fell apart to a lame arm QB (Pennington)

????

Painful

The losses to SD, Pittsburgh, NE,............  very PAINFUL

I just learned to take the good with the bad. On the positive side in the Peyton era (Playoff games) we also smoked Denver in 2003 and 2004, we won at KC in 2003, in 2006 we won at Baltimore, beat NE, and Beat Chicago to win the SB in 2006, and in 2009 torched the Jets in the AFC Title Game. All huge defining wins for the Colts organization and for Peyton. Peyton still won alot of huge Playoff games here in Indy and we got a Ring in 2006.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just learned to take the good with the bad. On the positive side in the Peyton era (Playoff games) we also smoked Denver in 2003 and 2004, we won at KC in 2003, in 2006 we won at Baltimore, beat NE, and Beat Chicago to win the SB in 2006, and in 2009 torched the Jets in the AFC Title Game. All huge defining wins for the Colts organization and for Peyton. Peyton still won alot of huge Playoff games here in Indy and we got a Ring in 2006.

I get that, but the Colts team had the talent to win 4 Super bowls

We OWNED the regular season

We GOT OWNED by ANYONE in the playoffs that ran a 3-4

3-4 from a decent team was Peytons KRYPTONITE

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

We OWNED the regular season

Not really.  How many times did we have a bye or home field?  3-4 times in Manning's Indy years?  

Won the Super Bowl playing on Wild Card weekend.

13 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Since you know so much about it just fill us in.

13 hours ago, Smonroe said:

They say that game changed the NFL.  

It’s all documented in a different thread how the rules committee, led by Polian, insisted they actually call pass interference.   

It’s continued to evolve into a offense friendly league due to health concerns, and ratings.  

And (especially) illegal colntact (beyond 5 yards) _

10 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

No, they changed the next year  ('04).

Point of emphasis was implemented for 2005

http://archive.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/03/31/nfl_will_crack_down_on_pass_interference/

13 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

That was 03' AFCCG. I'm talking about the 04 divisional game where they only scored 3 freaking points. 

Why are you even bringing this up?  That happened 14 years ago so what's your point? 

Could it be you hand picked a game so you could troll?

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

And (especially) illegal colntact (beyond 5 yards) _

Point of emphasis was implemented for 2005

http://archive.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/03/31/nfl_will_crack_down_on_pass_interference/

I thought it was because I remember the Pats getting away with a bunch of grabbing/holding in that 04 game as well. It was brought to the league's attention after the 03 game but nothing changed until 05. 

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why are you even bringing this up?  That happened 14 years ago so what's your point? 

Because I'm a Colts fan who is interested in the history of the franchise, and wanted tk seek an explanation about how the Patriots held the Colts to only 3, because I don't understand. I have been watching a bunch of old games, and wanted to discuss with other Colts fans. I thought maybe a Colts forum would be an appropriate place.

Why does it bother you so much? 

Been on these forums longer than you; I'm no troll. 

10 hours ago, #12. said:

Not really.  How many times did we have a bye or home field?  3-4 times in Manning's Indy years?  

Won the Super Bowl playing on Wild Card weekend.

Maybe "owned" might be a strong word.......... I THINK you would agree that we were a top 5 team in the NFL for MOST of the Manning era

Of course not the Manning injury seasons

With these TOP teams, we didnt win OUR SHARE of the games in the playoffs 

I think we should have won more.......  with the amazing, once in a lifetime offense that we had

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Oh, sounded like a re-hash and dig on Manning and the team.

I've moved on, hurts too bad to dwell for me.

No, I genuinely want to know what happened. I remember watching it live and I was in shock. It was my first season of watching football hardcore. I never understood.

I have been on an old school game watching bnge lately, too

To me it is simple, they ran into a better team.  It is not much more complicated than that.  The Brady and Belichick combination then was just as lethal as it is remains today.  They had some pretty good talent on defense as well.   

The holding, the weather and the field being watered down are just excuses.  To me it is was like hitters adjusting to the ump's strike zone - the Pats did it quicker & better than Indy.  In short, the Pats were just better than the Colts in that game.

26 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

No, I genuinely want to know what happened. I remember watching it live and I was in shock. It was my first season of watching football hardcore. I never understood.

I have been on an old school game watching bnge lately, too

Well, it always seemed like a playbook would go missing in the NE visitor locker room.  I remember other teams saying it too.

And then theres the video "rumors" and the microphones (allegedly) on their defensive players, and dont forget how teams have commented on "static" thru their headsets.  And does anyone remember how often the communication from coach to field would be inopperable at Gillette?  For a team that was caught recording games you'd think they would have a grip on their own technologies in their own stadium.

If it looks and smells like crap, guess what?

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just curious.......  I havent spent the time to see what the deal is......

You seem to hate this guy.....  Am I missing something?

Again ...... seems a bit harsh response

maybe you two had a run in on anther thread that I havent seen........

40 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Just curious.......  I havent spent the time to see what the deal is......

You seem to hate this guy.....  Am I missing something?

Again ...... seems a bit harsh response

maybe you two had a run in on anther thread that I havent seen........

I don't hate anyone so where you come up with that I don't know.

To start a whole thread over a game 14 years old does nothing but drudge up negative vibes.

The OP explained why he was asking and got his answers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived