Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the deal with the Ryan Kelly injury

superrep1967

I'm just wondering why the Colts are being so secretive about Kelly's injury. I mean just come out and say what it really is.  I just want everyone else's thought is on this? I mean is the injury more severe and just they're hoping he can play through it? Because it is possible to play with ACL I mean our former defensive lineman Chapman played through it at Alabama. I'm probably over thinking this and it's very possible that I am. I'm just curious what others thoughts were. 

29 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I'm just wondering why the Colts are being so secretive about Kelly's injury. I mean just come out and say what it really is.  I just want everyone else's thought is on this? I mean is the injury more severe and just they're hoping he can play through it? Because it is possible to play with ACL I mean our former defensive lineman Chapman played through it at Alabama. I'm probably over thinking this and it's very possible that I am. I'm just curious what others thoughts were. 

I thought Kelly did say what it is, a sprained MCL.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I thought Kelly did say what it is, a strained MCL.

Not sure if they ever said MCL, but they definitely said it wasn’t an ACL.  

If you listen to the Colts podcast they said he was walking around like normal.  Sounds like a sprain.  

No need to rush him back, that’s how serious injuries happen.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not sure if they ever said MCL, but they definitely said it wasn’t an ACL.  

If you listen to the Colts podcast they said he was walking around like normal.  Sounds like a sprain.  

No need to rush him back, that’s how serious injuries happen.  

I found this article updated on Wednesday on his injury.  They say it is not an ACL, but a MCL injury.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2018/11/21/indianapolis-colts-center-ryan-kelly-out-vs-dolphins-frank-reich-evan-boehm-vs-dolphins/2079850002/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

I found this article updated on Wednesday on his injury.  They say it is not an ACL, but a MCL injury.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2018/11/21/indianapolis-colts-center-ryan-kelly-out-vs-dolphins-frank-reich-evan-boehm-vs-dolphins/2079850002/

Well, I never heard anything definitive so this clears it up. I  watched Reich's press conference and he said he didn't want to talk about what it was so that's the reason for my thread. Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

There's no secret being kept here? I'm confused. 

Reich said he didn’t want to get into specifics. I wonder why myself but it could be he was keeping future status from other teams like someone posted.

Kelly did clarify later.