Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami hopefuly is not a trap game.


Recommended Posts

This is a game we should not over look as a sure win because of Miami's woes. At this point, the games we should be able to win are the most that worry me. I just hope that the guys are motivated to play them 60 minutes at their best At this point and on the roll we are own, every game is almost a playoff game. It will be another measuring point in our progress this season as a young team to persevere. This will speak volumes of our mind set as a young team, as a core group.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No such thing as a trap game. Nonsense really. It's like your wife having a 'trap' birthday. Like, it's her 37th and you don't bother with a present. Wooooosh. Doghouse here I come. Etc.

He and everyone else on the planet thinks that.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

This is a game we should not over look as a sure win because of Miami's woes. At this point, the games we should be able to win are the most that worry me. I just hope that the guys are motivated to play them 60 minutes at their best At this point and on the roll we are own, every game is almost a playoff game. It will be another measuring point in our progress this season as a young team to persevere. This will speak volumes of our mind set as a young team, as a core group.

They lose to the dolphins their playoff chances are history

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hard time seeing this as a trap game.  First off the Colts are capable of losing regardless as they have their flaws and are not some juggernaut.  They can be beat without overlooking Miami.

 

Plus they just spent the last month getting back into contention.  It is hard for me to believe they * that away by somehow overlooking the Fins, who by the way share the same record and are in the same playoff chase. This is an opportunity to continue their momentum and put a team they are competing with in their rear view mirror.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 point favorites and for good reason. I believe the Dolphins are rushing Tannehill back in for this game just to keep it respectable. They have to be crapping their pants coming into Indy this week knowing we could embarrass them and blow their playoff hopes to pieces. 

 

35-14 Colts. Tannehill is going to wish he never stepped on the field much like Mariota on Sunday. Eberflus is going to keep dialing up the pressure. Turay, Lewis, Sheard and Leonard are going to have a heyday this Sunday... and the league is going to be put on notice. I am THAT confident in the way this team is playing. 

 

Put that DJ back in the tunnel and let this guys run through a damn wall as they come out like they did Sunday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

@ Jacksonville  is the biggest trap game on the schedule imo

 

we dont even have a winning record it would be silly to over look anyone, especially another wild card contender 

5-5 is a winning a record.....anything .500 and above is winning

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the whole concept of “trap” games is a fallacy at the pro level in a league with only 16 games.  Especially so, though, when you are playing a team with a record that is equal to yours and also in knowing that any loss may very well eliminate you from the playoffs, especially when against a conference foe.  Ergo, I think the very question is silly.  

 

Happy U.S. Thanksgiving.  :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this game not been flexed, the roof might have been open.  Almost 60.  Doubt they do it for a 4:25 game.  Most of the game will be played in darkness anyway, and once the sun goes down the temperature will drop.  Chance of a shower, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

10 point favorites and for good reason. I believe the Dolphins are rushing Tannehill back in for this game just to keep it respectable. They have to be crapping their pants coming into Indy this week knowing we could embarrass them and blow their playoff hopes to pieces. 

 

35-14 Colts. Tannehill is going to wish he never stepped on the field much like Mariota on Sunday. Eberflus is going to keep dialing up the pressure. Turay, Lewis, Sheard and Leonard are going to have a heyday this Sunday... and the league is going to be put on notice. I am THAT confident in the way this team is playing. 

 

Put that DJ back in the tunnel and let this guys run through a damn wall as they come out like they did Sunday. 

 

 

Line is down to 7.5 with a few 8's. 

 

 

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

You are definitely winning this debate, and I'm 49% sure of that.

.500 is even and that's not on the negative side soooooo if it's not negative then it's positive

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

It’s actually not. Subtract the losses from the wins. Is the number positive or negative? Positive = winning. Negative = losing.  (Zero isn’t positive or negative) 

.500 is not negative....so again we're on the plus side

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

dont think i can agree with that.  6-4 would be a winning record, 5-5 is even 

What will be 6-5 after this week? haha No way we lose this game. Sooner or later even the doubters and non believers will need to admit we were much better than some thought lmao. Colts will blow Miami out and I usually pick close games, this game will be over by halftime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What will be 6-5 after this week? haha No way we lose this game. Sooner or later even the doubters and non believers will need to admit we were much better than some thought lmao. Colts will blow Miami out and I usually pick close games, this game will be over by halftime. 

yeah its been a weird year, i do think low rankings were justified when they were 1-5, but that turned around quickly once the team was healthy 

 

any team with a healthy andrew luck cant really be 32nd though 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

yeah its been a weird year, i do think low rankings were justified when they were 1-5, but that turned around quickly once the team was healthy 

 

any team with a healthy andrew luck cant really be 32nd though 

Yeah when we were 1-5 I was even doubting us a bit but now it's winning time my friend. I still say 9-7, just sticking with from what I said from day 1. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

 

Line is down to 7.5 with a few 8's. 

 

 

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

 

I figured it would go down after they named Tannehill the starter. Again, they are grasping at staws to try to keep this game competitive. We were what, 2 point favorites last week?? I like our odds of covering and hitting the over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

.500 is even and that's not on the negative side soooooo if it's not negative then it's positive

.500 is not negative....so again we're on the plus side

It’s not positive haha. Do you win if the score ends 30-30? No it’s a draw. And a 5-5 record is neither a winning or losing record. It’s neutral. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

.500 is even and that's not on the negative side soooooo if it's not negative then it's positive

.500 is not negative....so again we're on the plus side

Jethrow  Bodine gozinta-type accounting...   5 gozinta 5 once., huh?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

 

Line is down to 7.5 with a few 8's. 

 

 

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

 

That's interesting. I never liked that line, to be honest. The Colts are beatable, we lost to the Jets earlier this season. And we have a documented history of making Osweiler look like a quality starter. I know the Dolphins are a mess, but having the Colts -10 against anyone this season seems out of whack. I believe the Patriots were -10 against us earlier this season, when we were 1-4 and missing our best receiver and best defensive player. 

 

It's kind of predictable that the line would move, and I'm not sure that's entirely due to Tannehill being named the starter. I wonder if it will come down another point over the next couple days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Everyone knows I’ve been Team Fields from the jump.  So I’m taking the Fields deal every time over Wentz.  I even advocated for us to let the Bears take Wentz so we could pursue Fields.  How ironic that the opposite would play out...   I personally think Frank was the big reason for us letting Rivers walk and thus us getting Wentz.  That seems all the more certain by Frank & Carson sharing bible verses in the With the Next Pick video.  Honestly, I’d have rather brought Rivers back & still moved up for Fields & let him sit for a year.    He could have played the Jacoby role (specialized packages) & got to learn the quick game from watching Rivers.  That ship has sailed now though and I’m praying that Frank & Carson can rediscover their mojo.  I have my doubts (I was even willing to part with Frank & let he & Carson do their reunion in Philly) but I’m a Colts fan, so I’ll be pulling for us to win it all regardless of who’s the QB & head coach.
    • Well he is better then Franklin or Adams and a special teams aces so he could stick
    • Yes.    If a gut can't play,   Ballard isn't going to sign him
    • If Wentz wasn't available, I doubt colts go into draft with just Eason on roster. Ballard would have acquired someone...someone like Dalton, Bridewater, Darnold, maybe even Brisset.....maybe even talk Rivers into coming back. I don't think our draft capital would have been compromised to a point where we couldn't have traded up for Fields....but I kinda doubt he would have pulled it off.    Despite liking Wentz, ( I was one of the first here to say let's get him ), I wish Fields was a Colt.
  • Members

    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 742

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ReMeDy

      ReMeDy 442

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 7,107

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • B~Town

      B~Town 213

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ar7

      ar7 307

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanmurf

      coltsfanmurf 60

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsLegacy

      ColtsLegacy 591

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • John Hammonds

      John Hammonds 1,551

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fingers

      Fingers 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 9,718

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...