This Is Very Depressing

oldunclemark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a god point.

In retrospect....I understand now why Pagano and Grigson seemed so disconnected from Manning even to the extent of talking to him or about him...

..Its almost like they didnt take over until now...

only thing..They're going to be left with a half empty locker room...

In all honesty, being left with a half empty locker room is probably best for our new GM and coaches.

my question is...how could people not see this coming? the writing has been on the wall for quite some time......

People often only see what they want to see, and are devastated when reality hits.

Others see reality, even if it isn't pretty, and are more prepared when reality hits.

As Paul Simon wrote, and as Irsay prophetically tweeted: Still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest

This is as dark a time as I can remember for the Colts in Indy.

Oh I don't know about that. I remember the 1-15 season when the Colts were inept on offense and defense. The only thing I think they did fairly well was punt the ball. IMO that was worse.

No...

FROG MAN just predicted the future for Manning and he was right...

I have to say ...as sad as I am about it...he was right..

Frog Man didnt predict anything. Most people knew that was going to happen. The rest of us were just in denial. It is going to be extremely hard for any QB to come into this team and win for a while. We have seen teams go through this same process and take them a decade to get back to the playoffs. That might be the Colts. Especially the way we are getting rid of anyone that wont take a pay cut it sounds like. We not going to have too many proven players after it is all done.

Good luck with that Jim. You might end up taking this franchise back to the dark ages.

People often only see what they want to see, and are devastated when reality hits.

Others see reality, even if it isn't pretty, and are more prepared when reality hits.

Admittedly sometimes..we see the worst case scenario as a possibility...a possibility so bleak we dont want to see it as you say.

Its like when someone is about to hit you with a baseball bat...and he fakes hitting you about 10 times before he does

.....you do everything you can to avoid the swing..

..and then you get hit./and its as just bad as you thought it was./ you wish he'd have hit you on the first swing

get set folks...It appears we are about to move all our 30-something players except for the kicker

..all Colts of a certain age appear to be leaving

i have a lot more confidence in the guys irsay brought in than the people who were running the team in the 80's & 90's

if you listen to what any respectable people have to say about pagano & grigson, you should feel pretty good. no one had anything nice to say about our pre-polian management

Oh I don't know about that. I remember the 1-15 season when the Colts were inept on offense and defense. The only thing I think they did fairly well was punt the ball. IMO that was worse.

..until the draft..our days will be involved with losing players.

I can only hope the draft is sweet..

Well, for starters, my guess would be that for the first time in over ten years, we will likely draft players that we have heard of after the first round, we likely wont move down all the time in the draft, and we will choose players on defense who have some junk in the trunk....ie no more quick little fellas.

Admittedly sometimes..we see the worst case scenario as a possibility...a possibility so bleak we dont want to see it as you say.

Its like when someone is about to hit you with a baseball bat...and he fakes hitting you about 10 times before he does

.....you do everything you can to avoid the swing..

..and then you get hit./and its as just bad as you thought it was./ you wish he'd have hit you on the first swing

get set folks...It appears we are about to move all our 30-something players except for the kicker

..all Colts of a certain age appear to be leaving

Mark, I see it differently.

I see the swinger of the baseball bat providing you with a lot of time and forewarnings of what is about to come, hoping to prepare you for the blow, and even provided you with information about when the blow will be delivered.

BTW, Mathis is over 30, and he was re-signed.

As Paul Simon wrote, and as Irsay prophetically tweeted: Still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest

I called this before you did when I made the post that got you so mad you actually trolled me for a month..you remember the post....

I knew Irsay wasn't going to pay the money. I was preparred for the BAD DECISION 2 months ago. Thus me being vocally against it.

Just because I (still)think it was a stupid decision doesn't think I was in denial or out of touch with reality.

Your reality is about to slap you in the face wiht losing season after losing season. So maybe you better get ready for that.

Luck will never put up the numbers that Manning put up. Luck will never have the comebacks that Manning did. You have 12 years to prove me wrong on that one...good think I'm a patient man. I'll remind you constantly.

And you never really told us...when exacly DID you become a Colts fan?

I am actually happy. the colts got rid of a GM who was average at best when accessing talent. They got rid of a poor head coach. They cut loose a soon to be 36 yr old qb who is one hit away from being in a wheel chair, they r going to finally address the defensive deficiencies which have kept the colts from being a dynasty. sunny days r on the horizon.

That's definetly a unique take on this week..

..until the draft..our days will be involved with losing players.

I can only hope the draft is sweet..

Yes the Colts will be losing players and now, as I mentioned in another thread, it looks like my other favorite player might be traded. Since the Colts have decided to rebuild it is probably better that Manning and Freeney will move on.

Mark, I see it differently.

I see the swinger of the baseball bat providing you with a lot of time and forewarnings of what is about to come, hoping to prepare you for the blow, and even provided you with when the blow will be delivered.

BTW, Mathis is over 30, and he was re-signed.

True..Mathis is 31..and maybe we'll keep Dallas Clark, who knows?

That's an interesting way of looking at it.......

....and I guess when you get knocked out..you dont feel any pain until you wake up.

Can you wake me the day of the draft...??

True..Mathis is 31..and maybe we'll keep Dallas Clark, who knows?

That's an interesting way of looking at it.......

....and I guess when you get knocked out..you dont feel any pain until you wake up.

Can you wake me the day of the draft...??

Mark, and this too shall pass. Look forward to better days.

I swear to God Mark, I'm going to pepper you with positivity until you're feeling better about the future.

You WILL be happy, and you WILL like it. :)

They just cut Gary Brackett...one of my favorites...for years

What was that you said, Jaric??

Thanks for the good thoughts...

And unproven in the NFL.

Neither was Peyton at one point.

There isn't a single great man in history who started off great. They all had to work for it. If reports are to believe, Luck is the kind of guy who is willing to put in that work to be great. Kinda like Peyton.

I know it hurts right now losing Manning. I know a lot of people (you included) are feeling...conflicted about the way things went down. But you know what? Sometimes in life you have to be positive about something. Otherwise darkeness washes over you and you lose perspective. If you have to be optimistic about something, why not be optimistic about Luck?

Obviously he's never going to replace Manning, nor should we want him to. I'm not a religious man by nature, but I'm told that God never closes a door without first opening a window.

Maybe that's the case here?

They just cut Gary Brackett...one of my favorites...for years

What was that you said, Jaric??

Thanks for the good thoughts...

Everyone falls down Mark. What's important is getting up. (Ok, I think I've reached my limit on cliched statements in this thread thus far.)

Seriously though. We're GOING to get there. It might take a year or so, but how many years did it take before we even won a playoff game? We sat through that disappointment right? heck, the 2005 season was far worse than than next season could possibly be.

I'm not going to let you give up Mark, so you might as well just get used to the idea.

That would help..shake ...Thanks!

...although you might sub a photo of Danica Patrick instead of those 3 he-shes

on that note, i just went over & had a roll on the floor wrestling match with my dog. i had been ignoring her here on the computer. we both feel a lot better now

now i am all covered in dog hair

You should be depressed.

Can't wait to be on these boards when the reality sets in to these dumb ***** who actually wanted this.

You mean like the reality of a 2-14 season? I think most Colts fans are prepared after this past season.

The only person in a few years that I am going to feel sorry for is Coach Pagano. He was brought in to coach a team that would be reloading, instead is watching the team going into rebuild purgatory. If my memory serves me correctly Coach Pagano coached in Cleveland and he knows what it will be like. So in a few years, do not call for his head when things are not going like you think. Not sure about Cleveland, if I'm wrong about that sorry. The rest is historical fact.

The only person in a few years that I am going to feel sorry for is Coach Pagano. He was brought in to coach a team that would be reloading, instead is watching the team going into rebuild purgatory. If my memory serves me correctly Coach Pagano coached in Cleveland and he knows what it will be like. So in a few years, do not call for his head when things are not going like you think. Not sure about Cleveland, if I'm wrong about that sorry. The rest is historical fact.

I hope Irsay promised him at least 3 years.

He seems like a good man..

..and we're going to lose...this fall

Why? He got his chance to be an NFL head coach. He also gets a chance to build a team the way he wants from the ground up and will have a top QB prospect (whether its RG3 or Luck) to build around. He's also working for an owner that has shown that he truly will do what it takes to win (whether you hate the man now or not he's proven this much). Im pretty sure because Irsay has decided to totally rebuild that he'll be given more time than the typical rookie HC on top of all that.

You mean like the reality of a 2-14 season? I think most Colts fans are prepared after this past season.

I remember 2-14 season stretches for over a decade. I don't think anyone, including myself is ready for that again.

I also think that everyone kind of rode out last season like it was just a bad dream and that we were going to get good again real quick.

There was a reason for that.

I am hoping we rebound quick, but my gut tells me its going to be a while.