Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Awards 2019 - Colts could take three awards

I know it early, and not even close to award time yet, but Colts could take a lot of  awards come 2019.

Andrew Luck must be the Comeback Player of the year. 

Why?

He's thrown 3 TD´s in the last 7 games, which is top 3 all time and is current having one of his best seasons as a QB.

Defensive Rookie of the year.

Quenton Nelson looks like a stud and Brian Baldinger calls him the best Guard in the NFL, BUT it's Darius Leonard who's the DRoY IMO.

What a player he is and the song she's a maniac, should be called He's a maniac and released in a new version.

Well, thats two awards to the colts.

But, could Chris Ballard win GM of the year, due to how he's managed to transform the 4-12 Colts from 2017 to a playoff team in 2018, by drafting good and hit homerun after homerun in free agency without paying big bucks? Or is this award going somewhere else? if not him, then who?

Last but not least... Frank Reich as Coach of the year.

I guess this is a long shot, but boy he's doing an amazing job as first time HC.

Yes, 1-5 wasn't good, but the Colts are one of the 10 best teams right now in the league, and do we make the playoffs and advance, he should be considered as Coach of the year, based on the 4-12 team he inherited from Pagano. 

Thoughts? 

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's possible Leonard and Nelson get ROY honors.   I doubt it,   but it's possible.   

I just figured they would give the OROY to Barkley since he plays the flashy position. Leonard should definitely have a shot at DROY!

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's neck and neck between Derwin James and Leonard right now

I honestly think Derwin James is overhyped. He has a big name and played well early but has been pretty quiet lately. 1 interception as a safety is not very impressive. I think it’s between Leonard and Chubb because Chubb has a real chance of breaking the rookie sack record. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I know it early, and not even close to award time yet, but Colts could take a lot of  awards come 2019.

Andrew Luck must be the Comeback Player of the year. 

Why?

He's thrown 3 TD´s in the last 7 games, which is top 3 all time and is current having one of his best seasons as a QB.

Defensive Rookie of the year.

Quenton Nelson looks like a stud and Brian Baldinger calls him the best Guard in the NFL, BUT it's Darius Leonard who's the DRoY IMO.

What a player he is and the song she's a maniac, should be called He's a maniac and released in a new version.

Well, thats two awards to the colts.

But, could Chris Ballard win GM of the year, due to how he's managed to transform the 4-12 Colts from 2017 to a playoff team in 2018, by drafting good and hit homerun after homerun in free agency without paying big bucks? Or is this award going somewhere else? if not him, then who?

Last but not least... Frank Reich as Coach of the year.

I guess this is a long shot, but boy he's doing an amazing job as first time HC.

Yes, 1-5 wasn't good, but the Colts are one of the 10 best teams right now in the league, and do we make the playoffs and advance, he should be considered as Coach of the year, based on the 4-12 team he inherited from Pagano. 

Thoughts? 

I have a counter to the GM of the year and coach of the year talk.

Andrew Luck

I doubt that anyone is going to look at it and think that the main reason we are doing better is Ballard or Reich.  They are going to say the main reason we're doing better is Luck being back.  And they would be right.

That's not to say that the Colt's arn't significantly better.  Ballard has made the OL into a strength when it had been a liability for so long.  We have a much better pass rush as well.

Comeback Player of the year= Andrew Luck. Shouldn’t be up for discussion. The NFL needs to stop riding Watt’s sack and give awards to the more deserving players, and not its poster boys.

DROY=Darius Leonard. Also not close IMO. James is good but Leonard is playing like the best LB in the league this season. He’s been leading the league in tackles since forever. Makes game changing plays.

OROY should go to Quenton Nelson. Barkley plays the flashier position, but he’s been more effective through the air than ground. Nelson has been the best rookie on offense. He’s been up against the likes of Geno Atkins and Jurell Casey and handled them without too much difficulty.

Executive of the year=Chris Ballard and it’s not even close. He hired Frank Reich after being put in an awkward spot after McJerk rejected the Colts. We’ve already won more games than last year. His draft has been superb. First 3 picks are all starters, playing at a high level. 2 are rookie of the year candidates. He got Ebron in FA and he’s playing at an elite level after looking like a bust in FA. Fixed the OL, etc...the list goes on.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Barkley will win RoY easy

The NFL doesn’t show OL any respect, so that’s possible. However Nelson did make history by being the first offensive lineman to win offensive rookie of the month. Maybe that’s a sign that he’s really standing out and could change the game.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Luck wins comeback player of the year and that’s it.  While Nelson and Leonard deserve their rookie of the year awards I don’t think they are in the spotlight enough nationally for them.  I also think Luck will be in the MVP conversation but I don’t think he will win it.  Reich for coach of the year is possiable as well but I wouldn’t be shocked to see a team with a better record win that award.