Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson- "Mike Mitchell saved my season"

ColtStrong2013

17 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I also think this a a good lesson for Ballard.  Yes, it is good to play your youth and dump aged players.  That being said, it is crucial to  have veterans who are crucial to the development of your young players. 

Not sure it is a lesson as he is very much in tune with what veterans bring to the table. I don't think Ballard has dumped aged veterans just for the sake of age. He's bringing guys that fit his mold and lead the locker room the way he wants it led. He's bringing guys like Mike, Matt Slauson (go read my newest post and article on Slauson) etc. in to lead by example and help teach these young guys. 

On 11/21/2018 at 7:35 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/2072511002

Great article on how Quincy approached Mike when he came in for a little veteran direction. High hopes that we see the growth in these last 6 games that we thought we'd see all year in Wilson. He could be a true game changer for this franchise. 

His future is bright, this is why veteran leadership is so important in the locker room.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 9:46 AM, krunk said:

Great read!  I can't believe none of the other Vets under Pagano actually sat down with the guy and emphasized film work with him.  He talked like it was a foreign concept or something.  I'm glad Mike took him up under his wings.

I assume Adams would have...but there weren’t exactly seasoned vets in last year’s secondary.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, tikyle said:

This makes sense to me.  I've watched Wilson play every game in college, and just could not understand why he looked so poor in Indy.  He has the physical talent (the size, the speed, the hands) but I guess he didn't have the preparation side covered at all.

If he can keep this up consistently the Colts will have themselves a true outside corner for years to come.

Yes...I’m excited for Quincy!  Looking forward to his continued development.