Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton "randomly" drug tested after the Titans game

lollygagger8

9 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Per Pat McAfee there is a "drug test guy" i guess.

I wonder who he answers to and how and when he pulls names for testing

Perhaps it is true that having an exceptional game trips on of these.  Seems like it's not the first time I've heard of that happening

It wouldn't be random but it would make some sense I think

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This random testing is not so random. 

It's a badge of honor for the test guy to think that no one could have that good of a game without some kind of drug.......I would think

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

It's a badge of honor for the test guy to think that no one could have that good of a game without some kind of drug.......I would think

I believe it's more of testing someone they don't think does drugs. I say that because the NFL (like most employers) do not want positive results. Maybe it's a strange way at looking at it but I have my reasons.

It also could be as simple as TY's was made public when other players were tested didn't coincide with them having a big game?

5 hours ago, Nadine said:

Are there random drug testing police? Are they like air marshalls?

The NFL Drug programs Medical advisor, sends it to a team who places it on the players locker. But it is administered by technicians of a third party company.  The NFL used to use The National Center for Drug Free Sport, Inc.  I'm not sure if they still do or use another outfit now.

r276924_675x380_16-9.jpg&w=675&h=380&sca

10 players per team each week can be  {cough} randomly selected, and every player must be tested at least once a season ... and for those never testing positive on any drug test, it is only for banned performance enhancing substances.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/Active Players/2016NFL_PES_Policy_ProhibitedSubstancesList.pdf

4 hours ago, Nadine said:

I wonder who he answers to and how and when he pulls names for testing

Perhaps it is true that having an exceptional game trips on of these.  Seems like it's not the first time I've heard of that happening

It wouldn't be random but it would make some sense I think

It does seem just a little 'too' coincidental to be purely random.

Pat used to gripe about this as well.  I think if you select 10 random NFL starters each week chances are a handful of them are going to have had a couple good plays that game.  Chances are TY is not the only one who thinks he got picked because he had a good game.

11 hours ago, midwest said:

Pat used to gripe about this as well.  I think if you select 10 random NFL starters each week chances are a handful of them are going to have had a couple good plays that game.  Chances are TY is not the only one who thinks he got picked because he had a good game.

not to mention he also predicted he would have 150 yards and 2 tds BEFORE the game lol . pretty good guess for him there. 

Archived