Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it time we started thanking Josh McDaniels?

Mouthfire

38 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why? Ignoring him and what he did don't make the reality of what he did change. It also don't make the thought of it go away.

Has nothing to do with ignoring. 

To me, it's like asking a woman for a date, and she says no. Later, when you find someone else, it seems insecure to keep bringing the one who said no. life has moved on. 

To clarify, I said "It would be cool". I did not tell anyone how they should think. 

2 hours ago, #12. said:

Most of us just wanted McDaniels for the offense, not his leadership or head coaching skills.  Today, we have an offense that's as good or better, so I'm glad we didn't go down the path.

McDaniels did give us DeGuglielmo.  That's working out pretty well, and I think Eberflus will be fine.

I wish you hadn't brought that up.

Now there will some who want DeGuglielmo and Eberflus burned at the stake. haha

3 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Watch McDaniels go to the Browns after passing up ANDREW LUCK.

McDaniels was all set to be our coach, then he had his first meeting with Andrew Luck.

McD: "Ok, so while you're in the huddle, we're going to watch the other sideline and based on their signals that we've stolen, I'll let you know what defense they are calling, and then-"

Luck:  "Coach, that's cheating."

McD:  "Yeah..."

Luck:  "Coach, I don't cheat."

McD:  "What do you mean you don't cheat?  Everybody cheats, it's how you win."

Luck:  "I don't."

McD:  "Huh... um... I need to go make a quick phone call.  Be right back"  calls Ballard  "Yeah, so I just remembered that my family has reasons for me to stay in NE.  Sorry."

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

Pagano was a great leader, but lacked the study of modern schemes, IMO. 

Pagano had what Josh doesn't, and Josh has what Pagano didn't.

Reich seem like a great combination.  So far, it looks that way to me.

This seems like a fair assessment.  Revisionist history aside, Pagano was always known as a coach players would run through a brick wall for.

They may not have always been coached the best way to get through that brick wall, but they were ready and willing to do it for that man. He's a great guy and helped make it easy to cheer for the Colts during the Peyton/Andrew transition, which wasn't easy for many (I thought it was the right move, but it wasn't clear cut). Didn't end up well, but I'll always view Pagano in a positive light... even while acknowledging the wasted years on Andrew's career. What more can you ask than someone's best? I have no doubt Chuck gave his best and only wanted the best for his players.

And seriously... F*** JMcD.