Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Redskins Already Out On Peyton Manning Chase

bayone

“A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning’s camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn’t want to come here,” Russell said Thursday on ESPN's "SportsCenter,"

via ProFootballTalk.com. "… There’s lots of reasons for that. His brother Eli, the colder weather, the whole situation down in Miami and so on and so forth. But unless that changes -- and I’m taking my sources at their word -- I don’t think Manning’s coming here to D.C.”

NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk -- a former teammate of Manning's in Indy -- stated emphatically on Wednesday that Manning

will never play in the same conference, let alone division, as his brother.

"We need to see a Manning Super Bowl, that's what they want, this family wants it," said Faulk, who shares the same first name as one of Manning's sons. "He will not upstage his brother and knock him out of going to the Super Bowl by being in the NFC."

“A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning’s camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn’t want to come here,” Russell said Thursday on ESPN's "SportsCenter,"

via ProFootballTalk.com. "… There’s lots of reasons for that. His brother Eli, the colder weather, the whole situation down in Miami and so on and so forth. But unless that changes -- and I’m taking my sources at their word -- I don’t think Manning’s coming here to D.C.”

NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk -- a former teammate of Manning's in Indy -- stated emphatically on Wednesday that Manning

"We need to see a Manning Super Bowl, that's what they want, this family wants it," said Faulk, who shares the same first name as one of Manning's sons. "He will not upstage his brother and knock him out of going to the Super Bowl by being in the NFC."

Redskins was worst case scenario but only a little worse than if he goes to the Jets. Puh-leeeeze let him go to Miami!

Its good for the Redskins and Manning if he doesnt IMO.

The Redskins need to really build for the future and try to get Griffin and Manning isnt a good fit for Shanahan's offense or coaching style either. Both guys are too strong willed IMO to make it work.

Then you add in Eli being in the same division, Daniel Snyder being involved and the fact the team itself is average...its a no brainer to stay away.

How ironic would it be if he went to the Cardinals or Seahawks? Jeff Fisher probably thought he was getting as far away from Manning as he could by signing with the Rams and then Manning winds up in the same division with him again? lol

That won't happen if Marshall Faulk is right though because he says Manning won't play in the NFC at all because of Eli. Personally I think I'd rather see him go to Kansas City rather than Miami.

Given his strong family bonds everyone should have seen this coming a mile away.

He is not going to want to play his little brother two times a year and be the possible reason why his little brother does not get a chance to be in the playoffs.

I am sure his bond with his brother is much more important then football. Also, why in the heck would he want to go and play for a control freak like Shanahan. Him and Manning would be an utter disaster.

Good, that's the one team I don't want to see him go to. Terrible environment. Defense is not going to be as good, receivers are bad, O-line isn't great, and they have a good RB core. Nothing great on that team, plus Eli's there.

Move on from what exactly? What? Now we cant discuss Manning a colt for 14 years on here? Please stop the nonsense.

I'm tired of hearing about it, he's gone. He's not coming back, there is no reason to keep discussing Peyton Manning when the colts have such a big draft and spring training coming up. I'm not saying you can't talk about Manning, you should just do it where it's suppose to be.

I'm tired of hearing about it, he's gone. He's not coming back, there is no reason to keep discussing Peyton Manning when the colts have such a big draft and spring training coming up. I'm not saying you can't talk about Manning, you should just do it where it's suppose to be.

You mean the way everyone has been discussing Luck in the Drafts forum they way they were supposed to? And it's very simple. If you're tired of hearing about it, then don't open the thread. Skip past it. It's very simple.

At least that is related to the colts :rollseyes:

so the announcement by the mods that all Luck topics should be discussed in the draft forum wasn't important? That announcement was there starting back I believe in October. How many people actually followed it? If you don't want to read a Manning thread then don't read it.

so the announcement by the mods that all Luck topics should be discussed in the draft forum wasn't important? That announcement was there starting back I believe in October. How many people actually followed it? If you don't want to read a Manning thread then don't read it.

Every thread is a manning thread right now, I just want to hear some relevant news about the colts thats all.

Aside from any concern for Eli..... I honestly don't think Peyton sees a Mike (and young Kyle) Shanahan-coached team as the best fit anyway.

Oh, the Xs and Os part of it could work, but IMO Norman Bates and son are a ticking time bomb, and Dan Snyder is hardly the portrait of consistency and stability. And their roster doesn't look so hot anyhow.

Now.... if Peyton was looking for one more colossal payday there wouldn't be a better landing place.

But he isn't.

So unless Peyton is the U.S. Senator from Indiana someday.... he probably oughta stay away from Washington DC.

This makes sense...a lot of us have said it....he will not play in the NFC....

...he wants to meet his brother in the Super Bowl and he doesnt want to eliminate his team in any year.

It sure looks like he's going to Miami..and I'd be Okay with that

This makes sense...a lot of us have said it....he will not play in the NFC....

...he wants to meet his brother in the Super Bowl and he doesnt want to eliminate his team in any year.

It sure looks like he's going to Miami..and I'd be Okay with that

agree, but with Alex Smith mad about contract negotiations with 49'rs I think he is giving up a chance to win it all for sake of brother ( Thats Love ), if they want him, but as of now they are still trying to resign Smith

Too soon../SH...

agree, but with Alex Smith mad about contract negotiations with 49'rs I think he is giving up a chance to win it all for sake of brother ( Thats Love ), if they want him, but as of now they are still trying to resign Smith

I think he'd rather lose to hie brother in the Super Bowl than eliminate him in the NFC title game.

..and I think his family probably feels the same way

At least that is related to the colts :rollseyes:

How so? If Peyton (the greatest Colt (NFL player) of all time should be in NFL General, Luck threads (the greatest nothing of all time) should be in NFL Draft. He is no more related to the Colts than Peyton; neither is on the team. At least Peyton has been a Colt.

I think he'd rather lose to hie brother in the Super Bowl than eliminate him in the NFC title game.

..and I think his family probably feels the same way

I totally agree with u , thats why i said Thats LOVE and having a close family I understnd Sacrifice for those u love if it benefits them

I cant imagine his parents seeing him in a redskins uniform 2x a year playing ELI, that would be pure heartache

& for 1 to play the other in an NFL championship game and eliminate the other would be too much to bear and to watch for his parents, u just don t do such things in a loving family

snapback.pngSilentHill, on 09 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

not to be a back-seat mod or anything but shouldn't all Peyton Manning posts be in NFL General?

Yeah I'm trying but sometimes I don't have the heart for it

I have to admit I thought of that before Posting and said to myself it still goes here till told otherwise

Maybe Peyton on a new team can go in NFL general (eventually), but general Manning threads get to stay in Colts for life. Afterall, he said he'd always consider himself a Colt :)

well Said , he is & always will be a Colt @ heart, just waiting for his ring of honor ceremony,

Personally Lucas Oil should agree to call the Stadium Lucas Oil's Peyton's Place Stadium