Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Promotion?

Dingus McGirt

27 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I just noticed that below my title -Dingus McGirt, I am now shown as a "Senior Member."  I think I was a "Member" before.  Yay?

I believe it comes from your "reputation". 

1,000 posts moves you onto Senior Member I think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I just noticed that below my title -Dingus McGirt, I am now shown as a "Senior Member."  I think I was a "Member" before.  Yay?

Thanks for posting on our forums.  You are assigned to the Senior member group when you post your one thousandth post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have 330 senior members.  They have permission to give more 'reactions' eg likes etc

This is because, they've posted here enough to be a leader and we believe that they will highlight the better content on our site.  In other words, they make our site better by posting and also by interact with newer members who also make our site better.

That's not to say that some senior members don't make 'mistakes' But, generally, they are key to the quality of content her on the forums.

Maybe I should change the title to 'elite' or something that doesn't imply otherwise.

55 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I should just be called a "Senior Lurker". I rarely post but I read almost everything posted. 

Now that I re-read that, I guess it's somewhat creepy...:scratch:

Nah.  I don't think you are creepy.  I feel like I am the same.  Read lots of posts, but don't post too many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

We have 330 senior members.  They have permission to give more 'reactions' eg likes etc

This is because, they've posted here enough to be a leader and we believe that they will highlight the better content on our site.  In other words, they make our site better by posting and also by interact with newer members who also make our site better.

That's not to say that some senior members don't make 'mistakes' But, generally, they are key to the quality of content her on the forums.

Maybe I should change the title to 'elite' or something that doesn't imply otherwise.

Oh boy, Elite Members, hahaha I can't wait to see this one go done.  Some will get inflated egos

Despite everyone's status, What I like about it is the versatility it brings to the common denominator, that everyone here is a Colt's fan. We have a bond together that in the end is about the success of the team. I have been a Colt's fan since the late 50's. I have only been on this forum

presently for  awhile even though I had a brief period  that I was a forum member before Peyton got drafted. Back then I got discouraged about the direction the forum was heading so, I quit the forum. I came back because of my long time love of the Colts and I must say that a lot has changed for the better over the years here. I have seen a much better forum that treats everyone like family. This is what I envisioned as a Colts fan, that welcomed everybody regardless of what direction or input people posted.  So Dingus McDirk    Congrats!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Despite everyone's status, What I like about it is the versatility it brings to the common denominator, that everyone here is a Colt's fan. We have a bond together that in the end is about the success of the team. I have been a Colt's fan since the late 50's. I have only been on this forum

presently for  awhile even though I had a brief period  that I was a forum member before Peyton got drafted. Back then I got discouraged about the direction the forum was heading so, I quit the forum. I came back because of my long time love of the Colts and I must say that a lot has changed for the better over the years here. I have seen a much better forum that treats everyone like family. This is what I envisioned as a Colts fan, that welcomed everybody regardless of what direction or input people posted.  So Dingus McDirk    Congrats!

All online communities change over time.  But hopefully, we've hit on the right mix of procedures that keeps ours stable.  Good posters are key to that.  Also minimizing 'drive bys' helps a lot.

That's why the rookie group has to have 10 approved posts before they can create a topic.  While the vast majority of rookies are good posters.........even just one slipping through tends to upset everyone.

Moderators keep a close on on rookies to see if it's maybe looking like someone we've seen before.  Much less drama since we started dong this.

Thanks to our volunteer mods for keeping an eye on potential trouble makers.  Some are sneaky enough to slip past us but, generally the other posters recognize them if they find their way into the new member group.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

McGirt my bad