Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DROW

Jdubu

Do you think with Leonard’s game today was enough to win another defensive rookie player of the week award? 7 tackles, sack, FF, int. I believe those were his stats. Not a bad day. Not sure if he had any PD today. Overall from the stat line, great rookie game.  What do you think? Did anyone else out play him on defense from the rookie play on defense this week?

4 minutes ago, ar1888 said:

The only way that happens is if the coach make the playoffs. The culture a small-market team won’t get much attention unless makes the national stage. 

Me thinks there be a slight possibility you misunderstood the question :P

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ar1888 said:

The only way that happens is if the coach make the playoffs. The culture a small-market team won’t get much attention unless makes the national stage. 

Talking about week here not year but he is in conversation of defensive rookie of the year too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ar1888 said:

Yep. I skimmed and thought defensive rookie of the year. 

It’s ok, I’m a very forgiving person....on colt win days anyways lol. 

He he has a couple drow awards and a drom award already. I think it’s a high possibility that he takes DROY award as well but LVE is not having a bad season for Dallas either. It’s between them two.  

16 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

7 tackles, sack, FF, int.

It is absolutely insane that this is an average weekly stat-line for this man(iac)... as a rookie!  :mindblow:

Unbelievable.  He is a one-man wrecking-crew.  :hulk:

If he actually gets better in the years to come, the other 10 guys on defense can stay on the sideline.  They'll just be in his way.  :rock:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Hes #1 IMO for DROY.

But, theres no chance he'll get DPOY. Have y'all seen Darnold and Mack play???

No I don’t believe he will be DPOY either but he has a high % for DROY absolutely. He is the star of the defense in a group of average players. We do have a few guys with Lewis and Turay that are showing great potential, but they haven’t been the difference makers we need yet. LVE has some other difference makers on his defense that assists his ability to do what he does to a certain degree. Chubb certainly has a few playmakers alongside him if he gets thrust into the conversation. Not sure about the CB from San Diego , maybe he gets into the talk but I know that our guy is flat out legit!  

Darius Leonard Stat Line Tackles 104, 68 solo 36 assist, 5 sacks 4 pdef, 1INT, 4FF, 2FR

LVE Stat Line Tackles 84, 65 solo 19 assist, 0 sacks, 8 pdef, 2INTs, 0FF, 0FR

Looking at Leonard's stats versus LVE I think Leonard has the step up on DROY. Leonard has more sacks and created more overall turnovers opportunity the LVE. LVE has him on pass defense but looking at the stat line Leonard has made more of an overall impact. One thing that the turnover stat line doesn't show is the timeliness of these turnovers. A lot of Leonard's FF/FR have sealed the game for the Colts or turned the momentum towards the colts favor when they needed a big stop on D. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

Darius Leonard Stat Line Tackles 104, 68 solo 36 assist, 5 sacks 4 pdef, 1INT, 4FF, 2FR

LVE Stat Line Tackles 84, 65 solo 19 assist, 0 sacks, 8 pdef, 2INTs, 0FF, 0FR

Looking at Leonard's stats versus LVE I think Leonard has the step up on DROY. Leonard has more sacks and created more overall turnovers opportunity the LVE. LVE has him on pass defense but looking at the stat line Leonard has made more of an overall impact. One thing that the turnover stat line doesn't show is the timeliness of these turnovers. A lot of Leonard's FF/FR have sealed the game for the Colts or turned the momentum towards the colts favor when they needed a big stop on D. 

I don't know. LVE has been a stud...and plays for "America's team." He has a great story as well. I am sure the NFL would love to give it to him.

Leonard has the sacks and FFs and LVE has the INTs and PDs. They are both very close in solo tackles...which is probably a better stat to measure a LB.

But I am not really sure it matters. Chubb is tracking the rookie record for sacks in a season. If he even ties it...he's going to win DROY. How could he not? 

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

I don't know. LVE has been a stud...and plays for "America's team." He has a great story as well. I am sure the NFL would love to give it to him.

Leonard has the sacks and FFs and LVE has the INTs and PDs. They are both very close in solo tackles...which is probably a better stat to measure a LB.

But I am not really sure it matters. Chubb is tracking the rookie record for sacks in a season. If he even ties it...he's going to win DROY. How could he not? 

Here is a cool stat Khalil Mack and Leonard are the only two players with 5+ sacks, 4+ forced fumbles and INT this season

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Calmack said:

Darnold must be otherworldly if he's in the DPOY consideration.

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

He has a ton of interceptions so I wouldn’t rule him out 

As many INTs as he's causing I dont see why not :D

()#%U) @$#(% & )(%&$ @ )( )#( @%&U@# spelling is hard at 12am, k? :spit:

11 hours ago, ar1888 said:

Small market? about 2.4 million CSA. I dont mind being called a smaller markets but I desist being called a small market.

7 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Small market? about 2.4 million CSA. I dont mind being called a smaller markets but I desist being called a small market.

its true relative to other nfl markets.  there are others that are smaller, but indy would be in the bottom group imo

17 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

its true relative to other nfl markets.  there are others that are smaller, but indy would be in the bottom group imo

I get that but this is NOT a small markets otherwise we would not be able to support the teams in this city, host a superbowl, host the biggest sporting event in the world, the 500 and the 400, The NCAA loves this city and so do I.  We are a smaller market not a small market at all

17 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Do you think with Leonard’s game today was enough to win another defensive rookie player of the week award? 7 tackles, sack, FF, int. I believe those were his stats. Not a bad day. Not sure if he had any PD today. Overall from the stat line, great rookie game.  What do you think? Did anyone else out play him on defense from the rookie play on defense this week?

Bradley Chubb might be in contention considering he had a sack against the Chargers. Leonard will definitely be the popular choice this week though. 

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Nashville, Jacksonville, New Orleans and Green Bay are smaller in population than Indianapolis once again,  Smaller markets by comparison to the NFL but not a small market

Nashville,and N.O. Also have areas in other states where they are considered the “home” team. The Bears,Bengals,Lions,and Titans kind of cover those would be areas thinning the market.