Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The final 6 games

oldunclemark

11-25  (Home) vs. Miami

We are Thankful for this game.

That fishy offense has been bad for 3 years...got to like us in that one (W)

12-2 (away) at Jacksonville

….they can beat Buffalo and look at us as a must-win.

'But they cant score much….we can (W)

12-9 (away) at Houston

…..showdown for the crown....

…….They win a shootout  (L)

12-16 (home) Dallas

…..'America's Team must win.....but the 'boys cant cover us

We win a shootout  (W)

12-23 (home) vs the Giants

The NYGs cant protect Eli from our rush...

Odell says after the game His Christmas wish is to play with a to young QB in the midwest'"  (W)

12-30 (away) at Tennessee

the final showdown ….but again. the Titans cant cover our WRs and tight ends

Must win for both sides.    A late drive takes home the playoff berth (W)

FINAL RECORD: 10-6....and we open the playoffs at Pittsburgh

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't see 10-6.   That would be going 5-1 the rest of the way.   I think we lose to the Texans and maybe Dallas or Jacksonville.   Finish 9-7 and just miss the playoffs. 

I have to agree and at Tenn, won't be a easy game either. 

Colts IMO go 9-7 or 8-8 missing playoffs!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

11-25  (Home) vs. Miami

12-9 (away) at Houston

12-16 (home) Dallas

We win a shootout  (W)

Odell says after the game His Christmas wish is to play with a to young QB in the midwest'"  (W)

We wont lose to Houston.  Mark my words.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't see 10-6.   That would be going 5-1 the rest of the way.   I think we lose to the Texans and maybe Dallas or Jacksonville.   Finish 9-7 and just miss the playoffs. 

I don't see a team on our schedule playing better football than us right now. I think 5-1 the rest of the way is fair.

• Like 2

Not sure 9-7 would do it.  With tiebreakers, we're currently behind the Ravens, Bengals and Dolphins.  We can take care of Miami ourselves, but have to hope the Ravens and Bengals lose.  They do have some tough games, but will the Chargers and Steelers have anything to play for when they play them, or will they be locked into their seeds?  You're the Steelers.  You can either sit your starters against the Bengals the final week and get them again the next week or you can get the Colts in the wild card round.  Probably take the Bengals.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

People didn't see the impossible run to the afc east crown in1975 either but it did happen and this team is a lot like that 75 team under uncle Ted.

7 minutes ago, basketballsteve said:

People didn't see the impossible run to the afc east crown in1975 either but it did happen and this team is a lot like that 75 team under uncle Ted.

Yes, most of us weren't alive or watching the Colts in 1975, so I agree that we didn't see it! :) 

26 minutes ago, basketballsteve said:

Great run then as I recall as 11 year old then. Won 9 in a row after starting 1 and 4. Could be in 1st now if won vs eagles, Bengals or jets.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hell I had us going 9-7 before the season started and got laughed at :cheers:

Not by many here were in a position to laugh at that... at least via the season wins prediction poll-

13-3 to 16-0     -   4
    10-6 to 12-4     -   26
    7-9 to 9-7       -     65
    4-12 to 6-10     -   15
    0-16 to 3-13     -   1

95 people predicted 7 wins or more.  Just 1 chose 4-6 wins.  Only 1 chose 0-3 wins.  If you picked 9 wins, you were in the group of 65...

49 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not by many here were in a position to laugh at that... at least via the season wins prediction poll-

13-3 to 16-0     -   4
    10-6 to 12-4     -   26
    7-9 to 9-7       -     65
    4-12 to 6-10     -   15
    0-16 to 3-13     -   1

95 people predicted 7 wins or more.  Just 1 chose 4-6 wins.  Only 1 chose 0-3 wins.  If you picked 9 wins, you were in the group of 65...

Most of those 65 picked 7-9 though I am sure of it. A few of us in here had 9-7. 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

11-25  (Home) vs. Miami

12-9 (away) at Houston

12-16 (home) Dallas

We win a shootout  (W)

Not if the Steelers, who have the benefit of a tie instead of a 3rd loss on their record take down New England at home. 

That would mean we would open at New England. :( 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not if the Steelers, who have the benefit of a tie instead of a 3rd loss on their record take down New England at home. 

That would mean we would open at New England. :( 

That's what I want. Take it to the pats in foxborough

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't know if we lose 1 more? If we do it wont be vs Texans. Texans will lose probably to another team besides us. If we run the table we South champs. If not I think were a wild card at worse.

I think it has to go a step further...Colts CAN'T lose at Houston, otherwise I'm not sure the playoffs are happening this year. Right now we're in the logjam for the 6th spot, 5 teams tied at 5-5. There can be no slipups in any of these remaining 6 games.

Not sure why ya'll getting worked up over the last 6 games. Didn't someone have us as the 32nd ranked team at start of the season? We are playing with house money. Why not just enjoy the last 6 games for what they are....a chance for us to see solid Colts football. 

It's already a successful season, regardless. Enjoy it, win or lose!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

I was 12 and it was a lot of fun to watch. There are some similarities in the way our offense has exploded. Andrew Luck is doing a good Bert Jones imitation lately.

Bert Jones was awesome along with the Sack Pack. Really sad his career was cut short. If not, a Hall of Famer for sure.

• Like 3

I thought the Titans game would be a nail biter but it turned out to be wash out. So how will they handle the rest of the season can only be judged by how well they are playing. Why would they lose to teams that may be a mirror of them like Houston? The defense looked better today. It would not be crazy to say they could win out the season. Don't forget how they lost to Houston. Kelly's injury today is a real concern. Hopefully he is OK. Roll Colts, roll.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hell I had us going 9-7 before the season started and got laughed at :cheers:

Do you know that if I say it’s 12 o’clock I’m going to be right twice a day.

Please...  you got laughed at fir good reason.   If you’re right it’s not because you knew something no one else did.   You guessed just like the rest of us.  

Come on now....

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Do you know that if I say it’s 12 o’clock I’m going to be right twice a day.

Please...  you got laughed at fir good reason.   If you’re right it’s not because you knew something no one else did.   You guessed just like the rest of us.  

Come on now....

No, I actually I believed we could go 9-7. Where my belief was is, I believed all along Andrew Luck would be healthy and be Great, that is where many failed and thought he would struggle. I said back as far as April he would be fine and people in here was wanting to trade him for Draft picks and were saying he would never be the same lmao. I just had more faith in Luck than the people picking us to go 5-11, 6-10, or whatever it was. That USA Today writer picked us to go 2-14 lmao. No Andrew Luck team has ever went worse than 8-8 when he's played a whole season = 2012-2014, 2016 so that alone is just common sense. 8-8 at worse is what I thought. As of now we may even go 10-6 but I want to see how next week goes :thmup:. You picked us to go 8-8 to your credit and we still may finish 8-8 but we won't be worse than 8-8.