Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

5 minutes ago, strt182 said:

If I'm thinking right it might be ok at the line but down field you will get a flag for it . Could be wrong though.

That's the way it is being called.  However, that is not how it is written in the rule book.  My point is if they are going to call that, fine but then be prepared to call the holds that occur on every play on the line.

Just now, Jdubu said:

Maybe this will kickstart him into a successful bid to regaining much needed confidence and play in the backfield. Team defense is playing inspired today so far. 

I do feel like that a lot of his "issues" have been mental. The tools are there. But he needs the confidence and the right attitude to apply them.

I think somebody came to make a statement today. But its still early. I know it seemed like first quarter flew by.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Is that Wilson's first INT of his career?

2nd or 3rd I think

I don’t like the trick play there. We were having our way with them. Don’t be silly.

sorry to be a downer. I just don’t want to put too much pressure on the D. :peek:

Just now, MTC said:

That play call was trying to be too cute. Not worth it.

Agree !

Just now, CamMo said:

I don’t like the trick play there. We were having our way with them. Don’t be silly.

Meh, 

mostly didnt like the hurry up near the goal line. Trick play was fine.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man that would've been unreal, this Offense is so exciting. 10-0 Indy!

I was worried for Luck there. Had it worked, it would have been great.

I don't mind the call.  Yeah, 7 would have completely demoralized the Titans but we still got 3 out of it.  Let the kids have some fun.

1 minute ago, MTC said:

The adult in me agrees...

The kid in me loves the play call.

1 minute ago, MTC said:

Honestly it could be another wrinkle for teams to worry about later in the season. Not everything works the first time but could lead to a defender hesitating on jumping some route later. Idk 

12 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

You and I both know they pick and choose when to call a hold, zero consistency. I’m more troubled with how many times our players do things like this when they are out of the play. 

You're right of course, but refs should not be allowed to just ignore the rule book on certain parts of the field.  If they want to call it that tight, great, just call it that way everywhere on the field.