• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• We need elite talent at #2 and #3...   Yeah sure...   So I guess you're saying the practical value of saying that our #2 and #3 receivers aren't as good as the best receivers in the league is that we should get elite receivers to be our #2 and #3 receivers?    So this ultimately boils down to whether anything short of multiple top 10 WRs is flatly unacceptable.
    • If they are hot on him and he is high on their board, I'm fine with it. That's a jump that you have to be able to justify to yourself and your scouting department... 
    • Gil is going into the hall of fame for a reason.  He's old now, but still sharp.  He's not saying Jones is better than Peyton.  What he is saying, is Jones reminds him of a College draft eligible Peyton, just like a scout might say Jeffrey Simmons reminds him of Fletcher Cox going into the draft. And digging further I can see a reason beyond a few common physical attributes, the development coach I'll mention below.   Dave Gettleman has a poker face, but many still tie Daniel Jones going to the NY Giants to (eventually) replace... Eli Manning. Brother of Peyton.  The connection between all 3 of them?  David Cutcliffe.  Or, as Peyton calls him, Coach Cut.   Cutcliffe was Peyton Manning’s quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee, and Eli Manning’s head coach at Ole Miss. “My dad had the biggest impact on me, but after that it was Coach Cut,” Peyton says. “Because he got me from [age] 18 to 22 and developed me.”  They both still revere him and work with him and the Duke team often.   https://abc11.com/sports/peyton-and-eli-manning-visit-duke-football-head-coach-train-with-team/3308894/   I didn't laugh when I saw this at all.  And I heard in Senior bowl drills, Drew Lock outperformed Daniel Jones.  But in the actual game, Jones outperformed Lock!  Many NFL personnel have them graded very close.  And a good many of them give Jones the edge, and Peyton agrees!!   “Daniel has a real advantage because he has been coached by Coach Cutcliffe,” Peyton Manning says… “or Coach Cut, as everyone calls him.”   The New York football Giants desire/require a certain kind of QB, not just any (especially flashy / braggadocios) QB.   Jones might fit that bill quite nicely.  Maybe at pick #17 instead of #6, if they think others aren't as interested and will drop that far... or Will Grier at #37 if they miss out or mess it up. We'll see.
    • We run more 12 than pretty much anyone else in the league, but that's not the only thing we run. 11 is typically seen as the base package, in which case we can plug him in there. And anyways, there's no guarantee Funchess will stay beyond this year, although I hope he does if he breaks out.    From a scheme standpoint, Reich always has said that he wants to be versatile and not just stick to one scheme. He wants us to be able to switch from a Smashmouth offense to an up-tempo, quick-rhythm offense to a vertical offense.    The Funchess signing allowed us some draft flexibility and allows us to survive even if we don't get a WR at all. But we don't by any means have a completely full WR corp. All it takes is a few injuries.   At any rate, what would getting another RB do? We already have 3 of them, and Mack is our definite leader. We really have no reason to use a 1st round pick on a RB. I'm okay with signing Ajayi or Spencer Ware, but using a first round pick on an RB when we already have some? I see no reason to do that.   And anyways, it's pretty hypocritical (I don't know if this applies to you directly) for people to say that we have a really solid WR corp and that we have no use for another one as a reason why we shouldn't draft Metcalf, and then turn around and say that we should draft Hollywood Brown or someone else.
  • Members

• Balzer40

Balzer40 4,233

• Davvon2590

Davvon2590 3

• HOZER

HOZER 2,933

• IinD

IinD 2,266

• Legend

Legend 3,535

• Matthew Gilbert