Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota (+2.5) at Bears (11-18-18)

oldunclemark

8:20 EST ...Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michele Tafoya on NBC

Low 30s and cold on the lakefront in Chicago ...over-under at 44.5

'Captain' Kirk Cousins (259 of 3673, 2,685, 17 TDs, 5 INTs) has between rolling through the air with Adam Theilen (78 catches,. 947 yards, 7 TDs)  and Stefon Diggs (958 catches, 587 yards) but he takes the 'New Monsters of the Midway' led by OLB Kahlil Mack (7 sacks)  and a secondary that has 16 pass interceptions.

Bears QB 'My Man Mitch' Trubisky is 190 of 290 for 2,304 yards with 19 TDs and seven interceptions and he runs the 'Kansas City East' offense with five recovers who have at least 20 catches and 300 yards. .  But he faces Minnesota DE Danielle Hunter (11.5 sacks).

The Vikings have 31 QB sacks.

This is the first of two meetings between the Bears and Vikings and the Bears have to win because they have four road games left and home games with the Rams and Green Bay.  

This is a feature game.....Big loud crowd and a lot on the line.

I like the over but I'd stay away from this all together and just watch.

• Like 1

This is a Tarik Cohen type of game where the Vikings' LBs weaknesses vs covering RBs like Cohen, Kamara etc. get exposed. If I am the Vikings, I focus on Cohen and play man coverage on their WRs and force Trubisky to thread the needle. The Bears, if they run the ball traditionally well, will actually surprise the Vikings and give Trubisky the leeway he needs in the passing game. Vikings force a lot of FGs - hence the Bears need to stay patient and take the points when they can and play defense.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I picked the Vikings to go to the SB before the season started and this is where it starts IMO. Vikings will go into Chicago and win this game 24-20.

Whoever loses this game can forget it imo. The Vikings haven't won against anybody good. You could argue that the Bears haven't either since the Seahawks started so poorly, but they did beat them and they didn't get obliterated against good teams like the Saints. Anyway it seems like this whole division is a race to see who can blow it first so...it's perfect for SNF lol!

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Whoever loses this game can forget it imo. The Vikings haven't won against anybody good. You could argue that the Bears haven't either since the Seahawks started so poorly, but they did beat them and they didn't get obliterated against good teams like the Saints. Anyway it seems like this whole division is a race to see who can blow it first so...it's perfect for SNF lol!

Right now it looks like the Saints or Rams will go to the SB so I will probably be wrong but if the Vikes win this game and their Division, they still have a shot :thmup:

• Thanks 1

Like the *Vikings (1 of which was against the Saints lol). I sure don't think anybody should quit though. Winning streak teams always get an early date with destiny, even the undefeated Pats. The Rams finally lost 1 which is good to keep their heads straight but they have also caught some breaks lately when they could have lost other games. That luck might run out.

This is a better game than stats might indicate. It's fun to see some old school successful running of the ball by design (not like we usually see it when there's a bad OL, trust issues with the QB etc). The Bears are gashing them even though the Vikings are doing everything right. The plays are there on offense too they're just being tipped, missed throws by a step etc. This could build towards an epic 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

This is a better game than stats might indicate. It's fun to see some old school successful running of the ball by design (not like we usually see it when there's a bad OL, trust issues with the QB etc). The Bears are gashing them even though the Vikings are doing everything right. The plays are there on offense too they're just being tipped, missed throws by a step etc. This could build towards an epic 2nd half.

Vikes Offense looks lousy so far. Still only 11-0 though, 1 TD gets Minny back in it obviously. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do not like the play calling for Minnesota, Reich's play calling makes the Minny's play calling look like crap.  

I agree. The Bears are clearly better and they are more aggressive. Our defense is playing poorly.

I loved the play calling for the Colts today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do not like the play calling for Minnesota, Reich's play calling makes the Minny's play calling look like crap.  

I can see a lot of this style of offense coming in..

Motion,,,,,lateral movement in opposite directions....to neutralize pass rush teams

• Like 1

So much favors the offense......Hard tackles..are penalties..

Hitting the QB wrong is a penalty.....Hitting the receiver wrong is a penalty

small fast guys are becoming more valuable than tall WRs and 240 pound runners..

Defenses might have to play 3 DBs, 3 safeties...one LB and 4 linemen as a base defense

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Minnesota has the better QB and the better team IMO but for some reason are getting outplayed. Bears are Good though.

I don't believe we the Vikes have the better QB. I think Trubisky is underrated. 

The Bears have outplayed us in every phase of the game. The Vikings historically have not played well in Chicago. Also, I heard on NFLN this morning that Cousins was 4-11 in prime time. He isn't doing any better today. Lol.

• Like 1

Definitely crap playcalling by Minnesota, whose offense is a bad attempt at copying modern offenses by a coach whose strength is old defenses. Zimmer used to have a stare that could burn a whole through you. Now he looks an old man lost in Wal-Mart. He's clueless. Cousins is getting blamed but it's either throw it or take the sack, so he throws it 10 yards because that's the deepest route on the play and it's INT'd. 

The Bears should have iced this though. They've tried to give it away here at the end. Put them against the Packers or better and they blow it imo.