Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+7) at San Diego (11-18-18)

oldunclemark

4:05 EST with Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts on CBS

Low 70s and smoky at that God_awful soccer stadium the Chargers play in,   Over-under at 46.

Denver QB Case Keenum (210 of 330, 2,400 yards, 11 Tds, 10 INTs) has Blake Bortles numbers but WR Emmanuel Sanders (56 catches, 707 yards) is having a big year.

The Broncos get RB Royce Freeman back off the injury list to team with Phillip Lindsey (110 rushes, 591 yards)

Denver has lost staring O-lineman Ron Leary, Matt Paradis and Max Garcia for the year with injuries,.

Chargers' 'Good Old Boy' Phillip Rivers (183 of 272, 2459  yards) has 21 Tds and just four interceptions with WR Keenan Allen 53 catches, 687 yards) ready to roll.

RB Melvin Gordon (125 carries, 672 ayrds, 7 Tds) has been strong all year.

DE star Joey Bosa has not played all year but he is a game-time decision Sunday.

The San Diego O-line has allowed Rivers to be sacked just 12 times....a key Sunday because Denver has 27 sacks in nine games.

San Diego has won six in a row but they still have Pittsburgh, Baltimore and KC to play.

The Chargers need to win this one at home.

This is it for Denver (3-6). their only comeback route to the playoff requires that they beat San Diego twice (these two meet again on December 30)  

Denver has lost four games by 7 points or less. but San Diego has lost only to the Rams (9-1) and the Chiefs (9-1)

Denver loses a lot of close games. They know how to do it.

I like the Chargers to win and the Broncos to cover

• Like 2

I agree, the Broncos lose a lot of close games but close, they do keep it. Hence I expect them to lose by less than 7, again. Broncos' pass rush has played well vs Rivers in the past, I don't expect it to be any different this time. Broncos had that 2 game bad stretch where they gave 200 plus yards rushing to both the Jets and Rams.

Outside those 2 games, in the other 6 games, they are a top 5 run D, if I am not mistaken. 2 games can really skew things and that is why I feel the Broncos will do better off a bye than people expect them to. Plus, home games for Chargers are not truly home games, they don't feel like it for sure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

I agree, the Broncos lose a lot of close games but close, they do keep it. Hence I expect them to lose by less than 7, again. Broncos' pass rush has played well vs Rivers in the past, I don't expect it to be any different this time. Broncos had that 2 game bad stretch where they gave 200 plus yards rushing to both the Jets and Rams.

Outside those 2 games, in the other 6 games, they are a top 5 run D, if I am not mistaken. 2 games can really skew things and that is why I feel the Broncos will do better off a bye than people expect them to. Plus, home games for Chargers are not truly home games, they don't feel like it for sure.

That's a really good point about the Chargers 'home field advantage'

…...there may be more Denver fans there today than Chargers fans...

….But with so many backup O-linemen in there for Denver..and Joey Bosa is ready to play for the Chargers...….it could be another struggle for Denver's offense

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Low 70s and smoky at that God_awful soccer stadium the Chargers play in,   Over-under at 46.

I noticed that the Stanford @ Cal game was postponed yesterday because of "poor air quality". I guess that is not the case for this game in southern California???