Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TE touchdowns ?

coltsfeva

TE touchdowns  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many TDS will our TE group score?

• 1-3
    • More than 3

42 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Tennessee hasn’t given up a TD to TEs this year   

The Colts TEs have scored 15 and lead the league by 7, as a group. 

Something has to give. What’s your guess on how many TDS (excluding  run plays) our TE group will score?

The tight ends are Luck's bread and

butter. They get at least one TD.

TN is going to have to make a choice:  Shut down TY with double coverage or Slide coverage over to the TEs.  They can't do both.  Between Doyle, Ebron and Alli-Cox I think our TEs will get at least 2 TDs, but I don't see them being as easy at the TDs against JAX.  

Also, the Colts need to get that running game opened back up again.  That does wonders to help get the TEs free in the redzone.

• Like 2

I’ve always felt TY has been over rated.  He is an above average player but disappears often when double covered. There was definitely a sizable drop off from Reggie to TY.  He shows flashes of being a #1 but I’ve always viewed him as being one of the best #2 receivers in the league. I don’t see him getting a third contract and new blood needs to be brought in once both sides of the line and the secondary are done 

• Like 1

Here’s the deal - Gronk was absent and when they played Zach Ertz, the Titans gave up 112 yards to him. I’m getting the feeling that the Titans haven’t played teams with quality TEs as much.  So whether we have a TE TD or not, I expect our TEs to still get yards against them.

3 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

It's pretty tough to have a big game when you're the only WR the opposing defense has to worry about. 

Always blows my mind that people cant seem to understand this!! lol If you are the only good WR of course the opposing team will game plan to shut you down cause they know the other WRs are no threat but some fans here have no clue they think one good player should be able to tear our opponents up all by himself. #coltsfanlogic about as smart as the let's trade Hooker people.

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Always blows my mind that people cant seem to understand this!! lol If you are the only good WR of course the opposing team will game plan to shut you down cause they know the other WRs are no threat but some fans here have no clue they think one good player should be able to tear our opponents up all by himself. #coltsfanlogic about as smart as the let's trade Hooker people.

He typically has 4 big yardage games a season and 12 games of double coverage i guess where Andrew  struggles to get him the ball.

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He typically has 4 big yardage games a season and 12 games of double coverage i guess where Andrew  struggles to get him the ball.

This new scheme also is more of a short yardage scheme so TY isnt getting huge chunks on plays this year either but I think if we can get some better players at WR he will open up more again 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TY lead the league in Yardage in 2016 with 1448 Yards, come on man.

Facts are a funny thing

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

This is inaccurate

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

Here’s the deal - Gronk was absent and when they played Zach Ertz, the Titans gave up 112 yards to him. I’m getting the feeling that the Titans haven’t played teams with quality TEs as much.  So whether we have a TE TD or not, I expect our TEs to still get yards against them.

Agreed

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

what is the NFL single-season record for TDs by a tight end?

I think this might be it:

Rob Gronkowski  - 17 in 2011

Jimmy Graham     - 16 in 2013

Vernon Davis        - 13 in 2009 and 2013

Tyler Eifert            - 13 in 2015

Todd Christensen - 12 in 1983