Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaun O'Hara thinks Kelly and Nelson should be in top 100 this year.

Lawrence Owen

Shaun talks a lot about the best linemen in the NFL, and who he thinks should be in the top 100 NFL players this year.  He specifically names Ryan Kelly and Quentin Nelson as being on the list saying "Every time I turn on the film, it's like turning on a highlight film." That specific statement happens at 32:00 in the program.

https://art19.com/shows/dave-dameshek/episodes/c539b9ca-c4af-4f83-b1be-a66a4440431f

Would you agree? And whom else do you think has performed well enough thus far to be considered top 100? Luck, Ebron, And Leonard comes to my mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Shaun Talk a lot about the best linemen in the NFL, and who he thinks should be in the top 100 NFL players this year.  He specifically names Ryan Kelly and Quentin Nelson as being on the list saying "Every time I turn on the film, it's like turning on a highlight film." 

<iframe src="https://art19.com/shows/dave-dameshek/episodes/c539b9ca-c4af-4f83-b1be-a66a4440431f/embed?theme=dark-blue" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Would you agree? And whom else do you think has performed well enough thus far to be considered top 100? Luck, Ebron, And Leonard comes to my mind.

Nelson should be Top 100, the impact he has made on our Line in 1 season really stands out. Luck will be Top 50 for sure, maybe Top 40? If Leonard finishes the season strong he may crack the Top 100 as well. Not sure about Ebron or Kelly? Ebron does have eye popping Stats though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nelson should be Top 100, the impact he has made on our Line in 1 season really stands out. Luck will be Top 50 for sure, maybe Top 40? If Leonard finishes the season strong he may crack the Top 100 as well. Not sure about Ebron or Kelly? Ebron does have eye popping Stats though.

A lot of scouts and coaches have said the Kelly is playing at an all pro level.  Some say he's playing better than Alex Mack.

Also i repaired the link.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

A lot of scouts and coaches have said the Kelly is playing at an all pro level.  Some say he's playing better than Alex Mack.

Also i repaired the link.

The way Kelly is playing he deserves it, I am just not sure the NFL will put 2 Colts O.Lineman in the Top 100 and Nelson is getting alot of attention right now.

Do the math...

100 players...   32 teams...    a little over 3 players per team.    Some teams will have more,  some less.

But the chances of the Colts who will likely win 7-9 games this year having 5-7 players in the top 100 are just not very good.

Doesnt mean they’re not deserving...   it just means it’s not likely to happen.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do the math...

100 players...   32 teams...    a little over 3 players per team.    Some teams will have more,  some less.

But the chances of the Colts who will likely win 7-9 games this year having 5-7 players in the top 100 are just not very good.

Doesnt mean they’re not deserving...   it just means it’s not likely to happen.

Exactly, and that's why it's going to be so amazing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If these players keep it up, they should definitely be considered for the top 100...

Andrew Luck

Eric Ebron

TY Hilton

Anthony Costanzo

Quenton Nelson

Ryan Kelly

Darius Leonard

Amazingly, I would say the least likely on that list would be Hilton.

I don't think it is all down to him though.  The scheme change to being a more quick-release offense for Luck has meant the deep throws he is known for bringing in are rarer in opportunity as well as a lack of real threat at #2 & #3 WR means he is always the focus for the defense.

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

It’s voted on by players so you have to have a big name to get in. I think only Luck, Ebron and Leonard get in. TY won’t get in unless he goes off the rest of the season. 

Name recognition as you say.  We, as fans, can help with name recognition by voting our players into the pro bowl here:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot