Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs Rams game moved from Mexico City to LA

chad72

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yes, the poor weather is hard to control, but the number of activities scheduled to use the field could have been. So it might have a correctable issue.

Now there is a huge issue about refunding those attending the game...

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Isn't the air in terrible shape in LA at the moment because of the fires?

The fires are slightly more North, and further west of L.A.  The Santa Ana winds are actually clearing out smoke in the L.A. area (but making the fire struck areas worse)-

https://twitter.com/NWSLosAngeles/status/1061905902117232640/photo/1

https://la.curbed.com/2018/11/9/18080362/woolsey-fire-map-ventura-los-angeles

52 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Isn't the air in terrible shape in LA at the moment because of the fires?

Maybe a big chunk of the ticket proceeds can go towards the people of California displaced or those that lost their lives in the fire - just a thought. 

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Whoever allowed that concert to happen should be fired. They should have had this game as the #1 priority. Mexico city is missing out on a ton of money because of this. 

exactly, I heard entire Caravans of people were traveling to this game, guess now they just turn back and go home..... lmao

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Whoever allowed that concert to happen should be fired. They should have had this game as the #1 priority. Mexico city is missing out on a ton of money because of this. 

i dont know that i agree with that, the stadium wasnt built just for nfl games.  the shakira concert and soccer games are more appropriate than an american football game in mexico 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i dont know that i agree with that, the stadium wasnt built just for nfl games.  the shakira concert and soccer games are more appropriate than an american football game in mexico 

They shouldn't have scheduled a game there if they can't accommodate it.   This will hurt their chances at getting another game

11 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Good, if I played for the Rams (or if I was a Rams fan), I'd be furious about having a home game taken away from you against one of the best teams in the league.

Fans? Did you see the Rams “home game” against the Packers? The Rams had do a silent count because the packer fans outnumbered the rams fans!  At least in Mexico they had a chance of a 50/50 crowd lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

They shouldn't have scheduled a game there if they can't accommodate it.   This will hurt their chances at getting another game

yeah i guess this was an oversight and seems pretty dumb from the outside.  maybe they just dont GAF

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

The concert happened long enough ago that they could have re-sodded the entire field if they wanted to. In fact they didn't even start a week later, so it shows how much they really care about the NFL.

Well, they played 'futball' on the field since that concert, in very bad conditions.  It goes way back according to these reports-

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/11/13/nfl-has-mess-mexico-city-field-conditions-rams-chiefs/

https://fox4kc.com/2018/11/13/condition-of-azteca-stadium-field-concerns-players-puts-chiefs-game-in-mexico-city-in-jeopardy/