Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans take down the Patriots

chad72

Impressive win for the Titans. I felt they were better than they have played so far. Solid ball control, matter of time before their OL played well and excellent red zone defense. Their D will give the Colts issues next game, IMO.

I was telling my co-worker "first game on the road vs Josh McDaniels and the Broncos - Belichick lost, first game on the road vs Matt Patricia and the Lions - Belichick lost, let us see how he does against Mike Vrabel". I did not want to come out here and say it and jinx the fact that it could happen (if you know me and my jinxes and reverse jinxes,  only @Jules knows about it well :)). 

I think their 4th loss will be at Steelers, unless Gronk is at 100% and rolling. Chiefs probably get HFA and got some room for error with this loss of the Patriots. The thing about Mahomes is, he plays like a veteran to take what the D gives him. Browns are weak vs TEs, so he found Kelce for TDs, and against the Cardinals, he found Tyreek Hill more. Matt Ryan tried to make it work more with his WRs vs Browns than TEs and he lost. Man, the Browns, once Hue Jackson and Todd Haley leave, look how well the RBs have been used. Shame on Hue and Todd for under utilizing their talents.

Needless to say, I am happy that the Patriots lost. :thmup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that both the Lions and Titans beat the Patriots this year. They have coaches that know how the offense works.

The Titans look good, but I don't feel like they are overly impressive honestly.

A lot of it was their OL and Mariota being injured. Having to account for the QB scrambling changes their offense, IMO. Plus, their D has been consistently good, the offense had to catch up and against two good bend-but-dont-break Ds in Cowboys and Patriots that do it at a high level forcing FGs, they have scored TDs and scored 28 and 34 respectively. Hence I expect them to put up close to 25-30 points against us, hopefully we are up to the task in scoring 30 against them. If not, we are in trouble.

I did not like how we stalled in the second half vs the Jags, hopefully that doesn't carry over. Jags played dink and dunk and clock control against our zone D in the second half, that is exactly the type of offense the Titans execute.

13 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Won all three fantasy games. Colts won and my 2nd favorite team won (Titans this week)! My Sunday has been completed! Lol

All my 3 fantasy leagues - a 10 team, a 12 team and 14 team league, I won. The top 2 seeds in my l0 team work league (one who was undefeated, another who is the leading points scorer), both lost and one of them vs my team. Patriots lost, Colts won, best Sunday of the NFL weeks was yesterday for me!!! :thmup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

All my 3 fantasy leagues - a 10 team, a 12 team and 14 team league, I won. The top 2 seeds in my l0 team work league (one who was undefeated, another who is the leading points scorer), both lost and one of them vs my team. Patriots lost, Colts won, best Sunday of the NFL weeks was yesterday for me!!! :thmup:

lol awesome feeling right!I was flying high all day! Pats fans at work are finally quiet.. and for 2 weeks! since they are on bye lol. 

17 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Won all three fantasy games. Colts won and my 2nd favorite team won (Titians this week)! My Sunday has been completed! Lol

Your second favorite team = any team that plays the Patriots???

I wondered yesterday if Colts fans were rooting for the Titans or the Pats.

As much as I hate the Pats, I had to root for them last week against the Packers. It was strange because I never root for the Pats.

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

As much as I hate the Pats, I had to root for them last week against the Packers. It was strange because I never root for the Pats.

The Packers are not an elite team. They never took chances vs the Patriots and the Patriots went through lots of stretches when they did not execute offensively, but the Packers could not take advantage of. This leads me to believe both the Vikings going to Foxboro and the Steelers playing the Patriots at home both have a chance.

The biggest X factor after the bye is Gronk and Sony Michel healthy. But, but, but....Brady can make chicken salad out of chicken poop worth of pass catchers and RBs (argument used against Peyton's talented pass catchers). This is not 2001-2004 any more and you need the pass catching talent on the field, period.

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, anyone that plays the Pats is my 2nd favorite team. 

I understand, maybe if it was a play in type deal. I'd root for the Patriots. But it's week 10.. just like i wasnt go to cheer for the Pats against Jags earlier.. it was week 2... lol

• Like 3

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

Impressive win for the Titans. I felt they were better than they have played so far. Solid ball control, matter of time before their OL played well and excellent red zone defense. Their D will give the Colts issues next game, IMO.

I was telling my co-worker "first game on the road vs Josh McDaniels and the Broncos - Belichick lost, first game on the road vs Matt Patricia and the Lions - Belichick lost, let us see how he does against Mike Vrabel". I did not want to come out here and say it and jinx the fact that it could happen (if you know me and my jinxes and reverse jinxes,  only @Jules knows about it well :)). 

I think their 4th loss will be at Steelers, unless Gronk is at 100% and rolling. Chiefs probably get HFA and got some room for error with this loss of the Patriots. The thing about Mahomes is, he plays like a veteran to take what the D gives him. Browns are weak vs TEs, so he found Kelce for TDs, and against the Cardinals, he found Tyreek Hill more. Matt Ryan tried to make it work more with his WRs vs Browns than TEs and he lost. Man, the Browns, once Hue Jackson and Todd Haley leave, look how well the RBs have been used. Shame on Hue and Todd for under utilizing their talents.

Needless to say, I am happy that the Patriots lost. :thmup:

Yes very impressive win for Tenn.

I don't even mind the loss as I will always admire good football play.

They do rate high in defense so……..

Gotta give the Titans credit. They played a good game. 

This is the type of game, though, where I always question the notion that Brady "always benefits from having great defenses." That narrative has been over for a long, long time, actually. Their defense was awful yesterday. Just awful. 

It's been like this for years, though. It would not surprise me if Tennessee drops the next two or even three games. Teams gear up to play them like it's the Super Bowl, and then - win or lose - they're lost for a while in the aftermath. (See Jacksonville.) 

• Like 1

Tennessee manhandled the Pats. Not many teams can do that to a Bill Bellicheck team.....and they pressured Brady. Any team that loses the LOS like that will rarely win. Brady missed Gronk a lot. The Titans just really beat up on the Pats WRs. Honestly it looked like the old Pats beating up on our guys. Edelman really got smacked around and a lot of holding and grabbing and illegal contact that didn’t get called. Anyways they will get healthy in the bye week. Tom needs it..I think 1 TD pass in 3 games. He is still a great qb but NE is going to need to find help to win another SB.