Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

I'm glad that the Jags went for the FG, because they would've easily gotten a first down if they went for it on 4th and short.

2 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

How did they blow a lead this big?

It was never that big of a lead, but still......

For all those beating down on the D, as bad as its' been today. believe me it's not the worst going in the league. Worrying as that is. 

Honestly welcome to the new NFL. Scoring is going to go off the charts over the next few seasons IMO.

Just now, Flash7 said:

I'm glad that the Jags went for the FG, because they would've easily gotten a first down if they went for it on 4th and short.

My thoughts, too.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

For all those beating down on the D, as bad as its' been today. believe me it's not the worst going in the league. Worrying as that is. 

Honestly welcome to the new NFL. Scoring is going to go off the charts over the next few seasons IMO.

Meanwhile the Titans are holding the Patriots to 10 points right now.

You can still play defense in this league , there's just not that many good units , atm.

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

what are these plays he's calling?

I hate all the ridiculous sweeps and motions. For every one that works there are 10 that go for nothing or negative yardage. 

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

Meanwhile the Titans are holding the Patriots to 10 points right now.

You can still play defense in this league , there's just not that many good units , atm.

And it's hard to assemble them when you don't have a rookie QB. There will also always be outlier games as per the above. 

I know this is a division rival but it's different for me over here and I feel sorry for the Jags. They went into the AFCCG and got reffed against the 1 team we all hate. Next they got their rematch and bashed their skulls in. Then something happened to them (mostly Bortles as predicted) and they seem to have regrouped today. It won't be enough though. The Colts are going to win and it might be the deathblow to the Jags team that we've know the last several years.

22 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Sorry about the exclamation points but I am punching walls right now because of this defense .

Exclamation points make everything better!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

It was never that big of a lead, but still......

They had two TD's but I don't know if they got too comfortable,....

Third downs are killing me.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

For those of us who have a delay, it's never good to see this posted...

Heh heh, I feel that.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Winston has great arm talent if u can lower his INT from 20+ to closer to 10+ I would be all on board 
    • I think many have forgotten the other DF ( D. Fountain). I am not sure where PC is going to finally land for this offense but I definitely don’t see this team (nor do I see Funch wanting to come back here) giving Funch 10 mil/yr again when we have such the ?? at QB currently. I think you’re right though with TY, PC and Pascal but let’s not forget to add in Fountain and then they were extremely high on Ashton Dulin and then Frank loves Marcus Johnson. Unless there is a guy who falls to us in the 3rd round, I can’t see why this team would ignore the trench spots first or the QB spot if CB’s guy falls in his lap. I just feel like this team is pretty well enough set at the wr spot for the 2020 season under our currently structured team. If we had Luck suited up for 2020, I’d be fine acquiring that star wr in the first and DT next. 
    • Agreed.    Thinking about the hype, Mahomes isn't Mahomes because of those short passes though,the  chain movers.  He'd be thought of as just another QB if that's all he did.  He gets his hype from those backyard plays, and nearly every time they're converted; Watkins, Kelce, or Hill hardly ever have a defender within 3 yards of them, if not more.
    • Things are always changing, and the game is always changing.  No question about it, it's a different game than it was 40 years ago, even 20 or 10 years ago.   No secret that Peyton is/was/always will be my favorite.    I still never really feel the excitement I felt when watching him master a game!  There's nothing quite like it.   Having said that,  I am very impressed with Mahomes, and quite certain I would feel that same excitement if he was on our team.      
    • As you know, the NFL doesn't allow teams to spend enough to fill every position with all pros, so we have to choose where to put them, and then use those positions to build around.   We have excessive talent at the LG spot.  It would be a waste to now build a team around a Mahomes type of QB who needs a LG to only hold a block for 2 seconds, within an O that does not feature power running.   We should build it like the Titans or 49ers.  Game manager Qbs who can come up big when it matters but not a QB who the team has to rely upon virtually every play to succeed.   If people want that type of O, then we should probably trade Nelson to get more capital to then get that QB. 
  • Members

• chad72

chad72 10,661

• Blueblood23

Blueblood23 335

• Narcosys

Narcosys 1,761

• MPStack

MPStack 3,634

• boo2202

boo2202 329

• Fisticuffs111