Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts O-Line is now the Bully....

NewColtsFan

Although I would love to see these guys dominate the Jags defense, I don't think it's necessary and certainly don't feel it means they are "not that good" if they have an average or poor day.  Theses guys are still learning and growing together as a unit and even a poor performance could fuel their desire to get even better.  

I don't think this o-line is there yet.  They've had some really good performances and I love what the article says about they way they are working to get better.  The foundation is certainly there now for this o-line to one of the best in the NFL.  Really exciting to see.

• Like 1

It has truly been remarkable how far the oline has come on. The are alot of factors involved, with the playcalling being one of them, but that shouldnt take away from the fact that the guys up front have done a stellar job this year.

I think the Quenton Nelson pick, was so much more than just a plug in left guard. He has brought a standard, a nastiness and an attitude to this group that has rubbed off on everyone. And he is a great teammate. Guys like Big Q are invalauble for setting the right culture presently and for future Colts offensive linemen.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say we are a Bully just yet.  The pass blocking has been fantastic but I was expecting more from the run game today and I didn't see it.  The Jags are not that great against the run either.  Was it the line having trouble establishing their run blocks or maybe our RB's are just not that good.  Maybe it was poor play calling.  Can't make a 3rd and 1 deep in our territory at the end of the game.  Run it straight ahead.  At least twice.  Not quite a bully yet in the run game. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I wouldn't say we are a Bully just yet.  The pass blocking has been fantastic but I was expecting more from the run game today and I didn't see it.  The Jags are not that great against the run either.  Was it the line having trouble establishing their run blocks or maybe our RB's are just not that good.  Maybe it was poor play calling.  Can't make a 3rd and 1 deep in our territory at the end of the game.  Run it straight ahead.  At least twice.  Not quite a bully yet in the run game. 

I need to see this game againt, but i think Reich deliberately ran the ball in the middle so many times despite it only went for 2ish yards. The passing game was soo much effective that he wanted to keep the safety up in the box so they can open the passing lanes for the receivers. Worked beautifully minus  those 2 bad drops. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We pass blocked beautifully all game long.

But the run blocking was VERY disappointing.    We got pushed badly.

Room for improvement...   hopefully we see it next week.    The Titans are better than some here think.

They were playing 8 man boxes. Jags didn't want us to run all over them like we had the past 3 games.  They put so much emphasis on stopping the run, they forgot we had TE's. I am OK with the run game today. It did what was needed against the top 2 defense in the league, make them respect it.  

I mean, our RB's had 16 carries for 82 yards.  That's YPC.  They just didn't run it much due to the 2nd half.  And before you say 1 run modified that stat, That's our RB's. 1-2 run/game are their chunk plays.  That's most RB's in the league.

• Like 1

Pass blocking.... easy top 3 IMO. 

Run blocking....middle of the pack but vastly improved. 

I think they are one of the best online groups in the league.  What a joy!! 

I think you will continue to see less dink and dunk and going for more chunk plays as a result of this pass blocking improvement. 

I don't think they are a finished product yet, but there is no doubt they are many times better than they were just a year ago.  Nelson and Smith have made all the difference, and Slauson looked good before his injury.  Add a couple of other pieces in for depth next offseason and this OL could be the best in the game.  Anybody still think we reached for Nelson?  I know he's "just a guard", but when you have "just a guard" that can pull like he can, he sort of transcends that label IMHO.  He can do so much more than just "be a guard" and that makes a ton of difference.

• Like 1