Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie Rankings After 9 Weeks

bigt

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Well they are obviously wron and clearly don't know what they are talking about. 

Leonard should be #1 

If he had better grades in coverage, he would likely be number 1. That’s the knock on him. But it’s not like he can’t cover. The Colts don’t really put him in man coverage. He’s a run and hit WILL. A lot of the times when he allows a pass to be completed into his coverage, he’s right there to bring them down. I’m not sure what more you could expect with him playing in zone coverage. Show me a LB in the league with 10 pass breakups. The 4-3 we run is a bend but don’t break defense.

• Like 2

Nelson sees to b getting a lot of love, which for a guard is rare. I was on Twitter and a user posted some of his game film. It is very impressive for a rookie and he has had his hands full considering who he has played against. On some plays he is shown pan caking players. Everything I have seen, he is going to b an all pro before to long.  He  has shown abilities as a rookie that r on par with Barkley.  By that I mean they r both physically ahead of their peers.  Do u think their is a chance that he could actually win rookie of the year? He  would b the first O linemen ever,  as  it usually goes to a running back

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Nelson sees to b getting a lot of love, which for a guard is rare. I was on Twitter and a user posted some of his game film. It is very impressive for a rookie and he has had his hands full considering who he has played against. On some plays he is shown pan caking players. Everything I have seen, he is going to b an all pro before to long.  He  has shown abilities as a rookie that r on par with Barkley.  By that I mean they r both physically ahead of their peers.  Do u think their is a chance that he could actually win rookie of the year? He  would b the first O linemen ever,  as  it usually goes to a running back

Do you think they would take into account the Colts complete 180 for Andrew and the run game? 

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Do you think they would take into account the Colts complete 180 for Andrew and the run game? 

Good point. People say Nelson was  not worth a 6 overall pick.  I truly believe his style of play and aggressive nature is infectious.  I believe we will look back on this draft and he and Barkley will b in a different class.

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Good point. People say Nelson was  not worth a 6 overall pick.  I truly believe his style of play and aggressive nature is infectious.  I believe we will look back on this draft and he and Barkley will b in a different class.

Haven’t seen an oline like this since Tarik Glenn, Jake Scott, Ryan Lilja and Jeff Saturday. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think this bunch will b far more dominant.  They r nasty and physical. They want to dominate the men across from them

I agree, that line was built specifically for Manning. Pass protection was the primary goal. Defenses put all their resources into stopping Manning and the run game was hit and miss after we lost Edge.

The primary goal of this line is to run for 5+ yards on first down, and to wear teams out with physical run blocking. Castonzo, Nelson and Kelly are a very formidable trio on the left side, and the defense has thier hands full with them. Nelson is already one of the top lineman in football, I'll go ahead and be the first to say it, because Im pretty sure everyone is gonna be saying it real soon anyways.

And he is probably the biggest difference between those two lines. That first line didnt have a presence like Quenton Nelson, or Ryan Kelly for that matter. He is the most overlooked guy in the group, and is as good as anybody at his position as well. They are both incredible athletes for their size and can pull as well as anybody at thier position.

I dont want to sound like I'm knocking those guys at all, they were very good at what they did as well. But this line is just built different. 

14 hours ago, bigt said:

4) Maniac

After top 10, they had 15 honorable mentions which includes Nelson, Smith, and Hines.  Colts have 4 of the top 25 rookies per PFF.  CB for GM of the year.

No link?

Ballards 2018 draft may go down as one of the best ever.  

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u think their is a chance that he could actually win rookie of the year? He  would b the first O linemen ever,  as  it usually goes to a running back

it would be nelsons if barkley wasnt there.  Q will be hard pressed to win it when barkley is on pace for a 2000 yard season 

9 hours ago, Myles said:

No link?

It will definitely be one of the best in the past decade. Lets hope they continue to grow as players. I remember Grigs first draft and after 1 year the class of Ballard, Brazill, Allen/Fleener along with Luck and TY was regarded as potentially one of the best in a long time. Not even including the hype of Chapman too.  

9 hours ago, Myles said:

No link?

Considering Sportrac also ranked our FA class #1, Ballard is in the running for Executive of the year with this draft. He could end up with DROY (Maybe OROY), and Leonard and Ebron might make the pro bowl. The Colts also have a top 10 offense as well.

• Like 1