Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Glowinski Breakdown

krunk

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

When you consider Tamp Bay gave Ryan Jensen 42 mill over 4 years with 22 mill guaranteed , I think it would top that. There is just so much money in free agency for teams to spend. But the key is "if he continues playing at this level." 

I believe Glowinski has a 78.2 PFF grade so far. I did see where he performed poorly at LG in Seattle. Plenty of games left to watch him.

We’re only eight games in, but Ryan Jensen already looks like one of the worst free agent signings of the offseason. At the time he signed his four-year, $42 million deal, it was a head-scratcher and makes even less sense now. The former Ravens center was coming off a paltry career-high 71.4 overall grade and has been even worse in Tampa Bay. His 53.8 grade is one of the lowest at the position, and his 15 pressures allowed is already more than last season.
 There is a Long history of FA players performance dropping in year one after signing with a new team.

i thought i read somewhere that haeg was returning.  can't find it.  But if so is glowinski the odd man out.  Move smith inside and haeg is the OT?  

I don't want them changing this line right now especially before this game.  I hope if he returns its to back up all positions.  I want this line to continue to gel.  

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

i thought i read somewhere that haeg was returning.  can't find it.  But if so is glowinski the odd man out.  Move smith inside and haeg is the OT?  

I don't want them changing this line right now especially before this game.  I hope if he returns its to back up all positions.  I want this line to continue to gel.  

Hopefully Haeg would be a backup. We'd actually have some semblance of depth. At this point I'd keep rolling with who we've got, since it's their spot to lose after all...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

I don't really see them changing things up.  It's not like Haeg won the starting job in TC, he was the starter because of injuries to Good, Webb, and AC.  Just like they didn't take Smith out of the starting spot when Good came back, I don't think they will change things around because of Haeg.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

The only thing is, we can’t always accept info from So and So and take that as a matter of fact. PFF has the Colts drafting Josh Jackson with the 6th pick instead of QNelson. J Jackson was not drafted in the first round at all, let alone 6th overall.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You've made this argument a number of times trying to discredit PFF...    You like to point out that they projected the Colts to draft Josh Jackson who didn’t even get picked on the first.   Therefore we should never ever pay attention to what they say ever again.

Here’s the problem with that argument...    no media outlet bats 1,000.   Nobody is perfect on these..

Even people in the Hall of Fame made draft mistakes.   Happens all the time.  In all sports.

Here’s one tidbit for you to consider...  this year,  THIS WEBSITE that we all enjoy and post on, are now using PFF grades and stats in their weekly stories. So if PFF is good enough for the Indianapolis Colts,  the team you like,  you might want to consider giving them a little more credit than you currently do — which appears to be none. 

Just some food for thought...

So I cant say, you can’t always accept info from So and So and take that as a matter of fact. This made you upset? So let me accept and not challenge everything that someone claims as fact and not challenge it. IF it is a matter of fact, regardless of what questions I have to challenge the premise it will still remain as fact. Talk about being a sheep. I can think and make rational conclusions for myself. I don't speak for you, and you don't speak for me.

Just because someone works for news/media/newspaper outlet XYZ doesn't mean that what they say 100% fact. IT COULD HAVE BIAS, or misleading, or wrong! I was taught to observe and to think for yourself. A few years back JIM IRSEY, and a former coach said the Colts oline was fixed. I knew it was not then and as a result AL got hurt and missed 1 and a half years of football. "Sooooo you're saying that there's a chance................................"

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Hopefully Haeg would be a backup. We'd actually have some semblance of depth. At this point I'd keep rolling with who we've got, since it's their spot to lose after all...

If they switch Glowinski out for Haeg then somebody needs to get fired. No if ands or buts about it!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ryan Jensen has graded out highly for several seasons.

Mark Glowinski has less than a half a season of very good playing.   What, maybe 4-5 games for us?    He’s not going to deman “elite” money.   Even if he does great for the rest of this season, I seriously doubt he’ll command elite money.

He’ll get a good contract.   Maybe a very good contract.   And I’d expect Ballard to be the GM to sign him.  I’d be hugely disappointed if we didn’t.

Just to be clear , I didn't say or think he would get 10 plus mill , I  was trying to say he will get something more than 4-5 mill per if he continues to play well. Maybe 7-8 ? I used Jensen to show how the extra money and lack of enough good FA's sometimes drives the prices crazy. 

Also do you have Jensen confused with someone else. He was only a starter in his 5th year. In his first 4 years , he started 9 games and appeared in only 19. I remember most on this board figuring he would cost maybe around 5 mill ? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I believe Glowinski has a 78.2 PFF grade so far. I did see where he performed poorly at LG in Seattle. Plenty of games left to watch him.

We’re only eight games in, but Ryan Jensen already looks like one of the worst free agent signings of the offseason. At the time he signed his four-year, $42 million deal, it was a head-scratcher and makes even less sense now. The former Ravens center was coming off a paltry career-high 71.4 overall grade and has been even worse in Tampa Bay. His 53.8 grade is one of the lowest at the position, and his 15 pressures allowed is already more than last season.
 There is a Long history of FA players performance dropping in year one after signing with a new team.

Just way too much money out there for the number of good players reaching free agency. I'm reading that Norwood has not played to his contract either. Look at the crazy contracts all the better WR's received ? Even Montcrief scored 10 mill for 2018 ... crazy. I guess.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

This is just silly. Our starting line is

the one we have now. Haeg is a backup now.

3 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

So I cant say, you can’t always accept info from So and So and take that as a matter of fact. This made you upset? So let me accept and not challenge everything that someone claims as fact and not challenge it. IF it is a matter of fact, regardless of what questions I have to challenge the premise it will still remain as fact. Talk about being a sheep. I can think and make rational conclusions for myself. I don't speak for you, and you don't speak for me.

Just because someone works for news/media/newspaper outlet XYZ doesn't mean that what they say 100% fact. IT COULD HAVE BIAS, or misleading, or wrong! I was taught to observe and to think for yourself. A few years back JIM IRSEY, and a former coach said the Colts oline was fixed. I knew it was not then and as a result AL got hurt and missed 1 and a half years of football. "Sooooo you're saying that there's a chance................................"

I can lead a horse to water....    but I can't make it drink...

Go right ahead...   think what you want....

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

Just way too much money out there for the number of good players reaching free agency. I'm reading that Norwood has not played to his contract either. Look at the crazy contracts all the better WR's received ? Even Montcrief scored 10 mill for 2018 ... crazy. I guess.  

We are in a position where we won't need Big money for resigning our own FA till 2020-21.
Glowinski resigning this off season at a high market value is just fine in our $$$$ position.

He is just hitting his Prime and could play his best football for 3-4 years.

I wish him good health.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I can lead a horse to water....    but I can't make it drink...

Go right ahead...   think what you want....

Number 1, who’s a horse? Number 2, why must you insist that I think like you? Am I not allowed to form my own opion that does not have to be validated by someone?

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Number 1, who’s a horse? Number 2, why must you insist that I think like you? Am I not allowed to form my own opion that does not have to be validated by someone?

You are completely and totally clueless.      Thinking is really, REALLY hard for you.

You can think anything you want.     The point I was tryig to make --- which, of course,  you completely missed (and I'm sure you'll miss again because you don't want to get it)  is that there's no point in not accepting the view of PFF because they were wrong on something.

Because EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING is wrong about things sooner or later.    The very best in everything make mistakes at some point or another.    The best GM's the best Coaches,  the best owners,  the best players they ALL make mistakes at some point or another.

They goal is to find people who make fewer mistakes and have more success.   And so I pointed out that this group that you don't like is now being used by the team you say you support --- the Colts.    The Colts like PFF.    I thought that might register with you.   But apparently not.

I'm simply pointing out a flaw in your reasoning.     A serious flaw.

As for not understanding who is a horse,  well,  thanks for proving my point...

Again,  feel free to think whatever you want. 

18 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

The phrase....  "you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink" is a famous expression...

You can literally Google it and find out for yourself...    you don't have to take my word for it.

6 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Haeg has never played near the level that Glowinski or Smith have played at the last 3 games.
Because he physically can't. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We are in a position where we won't need Big money for resigning our own FA till 2020-21.
Glowinski resigning this off season at a high market value is just fine in our $$$$ position.

He is just hitting his Prime and could play his best football for 3-4 years.

I wish him good health.

If he continues to play at this level , it's as you say .. what's the difference if we overpay for what the sample size is ? One positive is that he has both strength and athleticism , so why can't he be a good player ?

• Like 1