Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacob Lacey getting schooled again but this time by anthony gonzalez

coltsuser21

kyle i tell it like it is ! are you satisfied with all of our players ,dont you want to see us in the sb

Jim, every player on the roster can't be an all star, there is a salary cap that limits what you can do with your roster. Like I said you dont have to be a great corner to play on the Colts, you have to be able to tackle and try stay in the recievers area for 3-5 seconds until the pass rush reaches. Having average corners is not a huge deal, if you recall we won the SB with a set of rookies playing corner.

Jim, every player on the roster can't be an all star, there is a salary cap that limits what you can do with your roster. Like I said you dont have to be a great corner to play on the Colts, you have to be able to tackle and try stay in the recievers area for 3-5 seconds until the pass rush reaches. Having average corners is not a huge deal, if you recall we won the SB with a set of rookies playing corner.

You are wasting your time CCF.

Some people just don't understand the game.

I'd be surprised if he could even name all of our starters.

I'm giving up on him. Gonna ignore the drivel I think. Its about as wasteful as watching reality TV.

Look, Lacey is not very good, anyone who watches the Colts regularly know that. The Colts don't need great corners for a few reasons. 1) everyone runs 70% of the time on us anyways. 2) the pass rush is what makes or breaks our DB's. 3) We play a zone and very rarely will our DB's play in man coverage, our Defensive philosophy is to let them catch it and tackle them right away, concede the short pass, don't get beat deep. While having great CB's would be nice, they cost a lot of money and they are not vital to our style of defense. We pay our big

money to pass rushing, because that is what is vital to our defense, not coverage. I know I'm gonna get harasses for this, but it is true.:colts:

Some of what you say is true, some is hog wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :catfight:

dont we want better players ? are we satisfied with what we have? i thought thats what this forum was for

Not 1 person here wouldn't want a pro bowler at every position, reality is you build your team around a core of KEY players and fill in the rest with the best you can. And the most effective way to do that is draft well, not sign other peoples free agents, because teams like the redskins will outbid you and then go 6-10, cut said player and then do the same thing the next year. Free agency doesnt build championships, good drafting and good management does. I'm done with this topic.

the colts will not win a superbowl again with these corners unless we get lucky and play mark sanchez and joe flacco again...and score 40 against a patriots team whose wrs drop wide open passes ...oh and then get rex grossman in the superbowl

did u notice the saints in the second half of the superbowl..and the jets second half last year 3 step drop...and throw 5 yards....then run.......3 step drop 8 yards.

If i recall right, we won with jackson/hayden as rookies at cb, unless I'm mixing up my years(if you have kids you know what i mean lol). Heck the Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer as their QB. As long as the CB play is average or better it shouldnt be an issue.

What we have here is ppl riding on other ppls hype lol, lacey had a not so good yr last yr but as i remembered his rookie yr was pretty darn good was it not? he was injured a bit last yr so give the guy a break my gosh.