Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rapaport: "McDaniels is believed to be open to considering opportunities again." Is Browns coaching candidate.

ReMeDy

On 11/5/2018 at 4:16 AM, ReMeDy said:

How is he open to opportunities!? I thought he pulled out of the Colts job because he wanted to keep him and his family in New England? What that a blatant lie, or did his family change their mind?

The Browns must be desperate if they're reaching out to McDaniels considering what he did to the Colts. If McDaniels goes from the Patriots to the Browns, that tells me he too is desperate. With that in mind, I guess it could be a perfect fit -- a desperate man for a desperate team.

Taking McDaniels out of this equation.  This is actually a pretty promising looking job. 

Franchise QB - check (he looks good)

decent WR — Check 

good O line — only need like 1 lineman 

Top D — check

kicker —needs be replaced with someone can make game winning kicks. (I think they would have 4 or 5 wins with a a competent kicker)

all in all a rather promising looking job for any decent coach.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Taking McDaniels out of this equation.  This is actually a pretty promising looking job. 

Franchise QB - check (he looks good)

decent WR — Check 

good O line — only need like 1 lineman 

Top D — check

kicker —needs be replaced with someone can make game winning kicks. (I think they would have 4 or 5 wins with a a competent kicker)

all in all a rather promising looking job for any decent coach.

They'll call Pagano

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

They'll call Pagano

You must have read this article then that states Arians would come out of retirement for coaching the Cleveland Browns:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000984912/article/bruce-arians-id-only-come-out-of-retirement-for-browns

He mentions Pagano here. He might call the offense and make Pagano DC, I guess. :) 

If Gregg Williams is let go by the Browns at the end of this year, should we be interested? 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Josh McDaniels - Head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

Oh please let that happen.  Pretty please.  Do it McDaniels.  Do it

REALLY   who cares????? THe best thing that has happened to the Colts is when he bailed and we ended up with FR

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

You must have read this article then that states Arians would come out of retirement for coaching the Cleveland Browns:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000984912/article/bruce-arians-id-only-come-out-of-retirement-for-browns

He mentions Pagano here. He might call the offense and make Pagano DC, I guess. :) 

If Gregg Williams is let go by the Browns at the end of this year, should we be interested? 

image.thumb.png.92e71c556bf983b6177b6f3f0f23d773.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, J@son said:

image.thumb.png.92e71c556bf983b6177b6f3f0f23d773.png

A little bit only because I have not seen much creativity on the defensive side in terms of game planning for an opponent, mixing and matching man and zone coverages (Desir was trusted by the previous regime for man coverage, it can't be that no one is capable of it), so it was getting old with our schemes being used. Chalk it up to frustration.

Gregg Williams does have far more defensive talent than Eberflus has to work with, I will admit that and it would be premature to not evaluate Eberflus with another off season of infusion of defensive talent, however it comes (draft or FA). However, I do respect Gregg as a defensive coach, for what it is worth.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

A little bit only because I have not seen much creativity on the defensive side in terms of game planning for an opponent, mixing and matching man and zone coverages (Desir was trusted by the previous regime for man coverage, it can't be that no one is capable of it), so it was getting old with our schemes being used. Chalk it up to frustration.

Gregg Williams does have far more defensive talent than Eberflus has to work with, I will admit that and it would be premature to not evaluate Eberflus with another off season of infusion of defensive talent, however it comes (draft or FA). However, I do respect Gregg as a defensive coach, for what it is worth.

not even taking any of that into account...I can't imagine the Colts hiring the coach that put the bounty on Peyton's head that (presumably) led to his neck injury.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J@son said:

not even taking any of that into account...I can't imagine the Colts hiring the coach that put the bounty on Peyton's head that (presumably) led to his neck injury.  

Gregg: "Hey Peyton, sorry for being such a pain in the neck."
Peyton: "No problem, I understand the NFL is just a business."
::Snaps Gregg's neck.::

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Nah, I was saying they'd call Pags for the HC job