Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rapaport: "McDaniels is believed to be open to considering opportunities again." Is Browns coaching candidate.

ReMeDy

How is he open to opportunities!? I thought he pulled out of the Colts job because he wanted to keep him and his family in New England? What that a blatant lie, or did his family change their mind?

The Browns must be desperate if they're reaching out to McDaniels considering what he did to the Colts. If McDaniels goes from the Patriots to the Browns, that tells me he too is desperate. With that in mind, I guess it could be a perfect fit -- a desperate man for a desperate team.

No, he is too chicken to go outside his cushy comfort zone of Belichick and Brady. I will believe it when I see it. You can't say "it was because of family, blah, blah, blah..." and then turn around and accept a job offer a year later. Did his family's needs change over a year or what?

While it is his prerogative, I really really doubt that happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what did the Browns do to the Patriots? 

They gave them Josh Gordon. :) 

If Josh does take that job AND shows up, it becomes way too obvious Kraft intentionally sabotaged him going to the Colts by showing up with Belichick at the last moment to talk him out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They gave them Josh Gordon. :) 

If Josh does take that job AND shows up, it becomes way too obvious Kraft intentionally sabotaged him going to the Colts by showing up with Belichick at the last moment to talk him out. 

Not to mention a very nice paycheck. :default_20smile:

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

more and more proving that the whole McDaniels to Indy thing was a set up by Kraft and Co. Should have fined them for tampering

doubt we can get them for tampering since he was never signed here

as for the topic, maybe kraft and BB talked him into being worried about luck and his shoulder.  thats the only thing that makes sense to me, the browns are no better than the colts 

Take the Browns job McDaniels.  Do it.  

giphy.gif

Oh I am just giddy thinking of him going 6 - 26 over 2 years and getting fired.  I can't tell you exactly what the Colts are going to do over the next 2 years but I'm guessing they will be out performing the Browns.  

wow , I didn't want to believe the theory of the Patriots orchestrating the whole thing , but if he turns around and signs with friggin' Cleveland , I'm more inclined to believe it. 

What happened to Bill and Kraft giving him an offer he couldn't refuse? Evidently he could refuse it if he leaves for the Browns .

Ugh. I hate that organization.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trueman said:

wow , I didn't want to believe the theory of the Patriots orchestrating the whole thing , but if he turns around and signs with friggin' Cleveland , I'm more inclined to believe it. 

What happened to Bill and Kraft giving him an offer he couldn't refuse? Evidently he could refuse it if he leaves for the Browns .

Ugh. I hate that organization.

he did say he didnt want to move for family reasons, but he is from Cleveland 

McDaniels recently signed a contract extension with the Pats. According to "sources", the paycheck was in the ballpark of NFL HC's paycheck. Why would he leave his job for Cleveland?

Anyway, please do it Josh! Accept the job, then trade Mayfield to Oakland, and draft your next Tim Tebow!

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Apparently he said the Browns job is the one offer he would consider.

But didnt he leave the Cardials because of health concers?

I wouldn't want Arians in the same zip code as my young QB.  Unless one admires the "no risk it no biscuit" philosophy that gets quarterbacks beat to death.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

I wouldn't want Arians in the same zip code as my young QB.  Unless one admires the "no risk it no biscuit" philosophy that gets quarterbacks beat to death.

It's double edged... While he does get his QBs absolutely murdered he also has a really good track record of being a key developer of Manning, Ben, and Luck early in their careers.  He sort of unlocks them. 

But yes I do agree shortly after you need to fire him before you see your QB in a wheel chair (see Manning, Ben and Luck ROFL).

27 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

It's double edged... While he does get his QBs absolutely murdered he also has a really good track record of being a key developer of Manning, Ben, and Luck early in their careers.  He sort of unlocks them. 

But yes I do agree shortly after you need to fire him before you see your QB in a wheel chair (see Manning, Ben and Luck ROFL).

It's  not a double edged sword. He's a mediocre OC who has been lucky in his career to work with great talent at the QB position.

35 minutes ago, BOTT said:

It's  not a double edged sword. He's a mediocre OC who has been lucky in his career to work with great talent at the QB position.

Ew. Not sure if I'll be a part of that take.  I'm not sure Ben is in the gold jacket conversation without him and I'm not sure Manning has his gunslinger mentality without him.  For sure he helped Luck as time has shown us the rest of coaching staff was not a good offensive minded staff. 

I won't even say he's a mediocre OC.  Every offense he has had puts up elite numbers and has breakout players besides the QB.  Of course he gets the QB killed so he always has a negative light but it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Surge89 said:

Ew. Not sure if I'll be a part of that take.  I'm not sure Ben is in the gold jacket conversation without him and I'm not sure Manning has his gunslinger mentality without him.  For sure he helped Luck as time has shown us the rest of coaching staff was not a good offensive minded staff. 

I won't even say he's a mediocre OC.  Every offense he has had puts up elite numbers and has breakout players besides the QB.  Of course he gets the QB killed so he always has a negative light but it is what it is. 

His offenses were rarely elite.  He stunk in Cleveland, had one top 10 offense with a first ballot QB in Pitt, and a middling offense while here in Indy.

His best offensive rankings came in Arizona when he had a healthy QB, and not coincidentally, his offensive consultant was Tom Moore.

19 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

How is he open to opportunities!? I thought he pulled out of the Colts job because he wanted to keep him and his family in New England? What that a blatant lie, or did his family change their mind?

The Browns must be desperate if they're reaching out to McDaniels considering what he did to the Colts. If McDaniels goes from the Patriots to the Browns, that tells me he too is desperate. With that in mind, I guess it could be a perfect fit -- a desperate man for a desperate team.

I'm glad he didn't come here he is a bum.

I don't know why this is being done to death (granted this is the Colts forum). McDaniels is NFL Lane Kiffin. He even looks kind of like him. He's a career liar and fake, who has a well that he can go back to (Bill B) every time he makes a fool of himself. And because being an OC is like a live version of Madden now it works for guys like him. Meanwhile the Browns are obsessed with anything Bill B. We've always known that. This is just another day in the NFL over on this end.