Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Win On A 51 Yard Missed FG

King Colt

Going for it was the right thing to do. It set the proper tone for the locker room: The Colts play to win. For a young team, that message was loud and clear and needed. Enjoy the ride as we see this team learn how to fly and then soar. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Going for it was the right thing to do. It set the proper tone for the locker room: The Colts play to win. For a young team, that message was loud and clear and needed. Enjoy the ride as we see this team learn how to fly and then soar. 

matter of opinion, really.  i didnt like the call at the time because i thought the odds were against us.  i later heard the computer model didnt like it either, giving it a 10% chance 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Yup it’s definitely a matter of opinion. IMO your approach works for a team that is a true contender. For a young team trying to learn how to win, I think Reich's decision was the right one. 

We were a contender in the first game and we are still a contender now but thanks to that loss a slim one at that.  The team had a good chance at the playoffs and that playoff experience would have been invaluable to a young team on the rise.  It's a long shot now.  Too bad.  I think Reich's decision was the wrong one. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:33 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are the Milwaukee Brewers of Pro Football (Sports Gods are with them), win on lucky crap every week then will lose in the Playoffs. Our year is next year to win the Division. After today I just had laugh at this one. 

Texans are a complete fraud 6-3 team.   Long term this will hurt them:  their record will be way better than what they really are;  they will get destroyed in the playoffs this year: they will lose significant draft position due to their inflated record: they will actually have to play a tough schedule next year.  The luck factor will not go their way next year, their new GM sucks.....I expect them to fade into oblivion starting in 2019.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Texans are a complete fraud 6-3 team.   Long term this will hurt them:  their record will be way better than what they really are;  they will get destroyed in the playoffs this year: they will lose significant draft position due to their inflated record: they will actually have to play a tough schedule next year.  The luck factor will not go their way next year, their new GM sucks.....I expect them to fade into oblivion starting in 2019.

I agree, they have lucked out in almost all of their wins. Next season we should dominate the Division although I have to admit the Titans aren't too bad.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:54 AM, King Colt said:

The Broncos had the game with 5 seconds left but blew a FG from 51 yards out. The does not do the Colts any good. They could have been one game back with a win next week.

Now they win one today on a missed 63 yd FG attempt by Washington.

I don't like this trend.  :scorebad:

The Colts are the ones with lucky horseshoes as a team logo, but the Texans are the ones getting lucky.  :flaming:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Now they win one today on a missed 63 yd FG attempt by Washington.

I don't like this trend.  :scorebad:

The Colts are the ones with lucky horseshoes as a team logo, but the Texans are the ones getting lucky.  :flaming:

And the play calling on the last set of downs was atrocious...which led to a last min decision to kick a freaking 63 yarder! good on ya Texans... going for a bye week