Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heavy on the conference games in the latter half of season

horseshoecrabs

We definitely have our work cut out on the rest of our games, being a good portion is conference games, That ways heavily on our finish for the rest  of the season. Other than Dallas, Miami, and the Giants, this can define our progress this season. Any Thoughts? I (personal pronoun) Hope we will  not have a top 5 draft choice next year. 

Can’t underestimate Dallas, Miami, or the Giants.

IDK what to expect from the division games. Jags will be the first real test for the O-line. The Titans are beatable. Derrick Henry is trash, Mariota is inconsistent, and they don’t have any receivers that are worth talking about. Texans are on a roll now that Watson has found his groove.

• Like 1

The Jaguars defense doesn't look like what it used to.  I expect the oline to look a little worse, but definitely make some holes in the run game.  I know the Jags are low ranked in terms of rush defense.

I never thought the Titans were good, even making the playoffs last year.  The only reason they beat us was because we were missing Luck.  Lets not forget Luck is still undefeated against the Titans, and I think that will continue.

The Texans barely left with a win last time and I think we are better since that game.  They also lost Will Fuller who is a true #2 WR for them, which is a huge loss to their offense.  Games against the Texans are going to be a shootout between Luck and Watson, so they'll be fun to watch.  

The Jags game next week is huge in my opinion; its the game where we finally see where we are, and if we can beat a great defense paired with a subpar offense.  If our defense wins the battles, we should win the game.

Honestly...

The schedule couldn’t have worked out any better for the Colts.

The first half...   we got Luck right...    we found our running game...   and the O-line jelled better and faster than we could’ve hoped for.

On the other side...   Jacksonville has layed a Big FAT Egg in the first half...  the Titans are struggling and Mariottaa is either injured or off or both.   Only Houston looks good and we seem to match up well with then.

On top of that, while we don’t want to take any teams for granted,  the three remaining non-conference games are all against teams that have under-achieved this season.

The schedule appears to work in our favor.   Doesn’t mean we’re gyaranteed any wins...   but it makes us an interesting and dangerous team down the stretch. 

Good times ahead!     :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Yes, they are a fellow AFC team ... and they have been for a very long time.

You are quite right.  I saw Gyworks response and misread it.  I realized how dumb I must look at this point.  That’s probably why I don’t post too many things on this forum.  Next time I need to stop and think a little bit before posting.  My bad 

1 hour ago, Albaby said:

You are quite right.  I saw Gyworks response and misread it.  I realized how dumb I must look at this point.  That’s probably why I don’t post too many things on this forum.  Next time I need to stop and think a little bit before posting.  My bad 

It's all good bro. Keep posting away. We all make mental goofs time to time.