Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone remember the colts winning so many awards?

Trace Pyott

I know this season hasn’t gone great so far but can anyone remember a time when the colts and especially young Players have won so many awards?  Off the top of my head I can name Leonard for winning def rookie of week and month I believe as well, Nelson won an award this week and I beleive I saw on here Ryan kelly was nominated mid season all pro team. I also saw today on here that the colts were said to have had the best bang for your buck in free agency. I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting a few things but I just wanted to show that the arrow is def pointing up and that we are slowly but surely getting to where we want to be no matter what the standings say. 

It's definitely because this team as of right now is trending upwards.

Next year will be fun with these guys having a year under their belt and bringing in some free agents along with another draft.

Luck being back makes an astronomical difference. I think we'll even make some noise in the second half this year.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, #12. said:

We used to win MVP awards.  Bob won DPOY.  We had Pro Bowlers everywhere.

These weekly and monthly awards are nice, but when that was happening, we probably didn't pay attention to the weekly/monthly awards.

Perspective. We don't need the rah rah days from the Peyton era to blemish the rebirth. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Perspective. We don't need the rah rah days from the Peyton era to blemish the rebirth. 

We don't "need" it, but since it will probably come with success (if we actually do become successful), the kids may as well learn how to accept them and be humble in receiving them so it doesn't affect their play.  That would be a nice perspective, but it's up to the coaches to keep their heads on straight.  Hopefully it wouldn't "blemish the rebirth".

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I have no idea what that means. 

I was commenting on why we don't remember winning these weekly/monthly awards, because I'm sure Colts players won many of them.  

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I have no idea what that means. 

I was commenting on why we don't remember winning these awards, because I'm sure Colts players won many of them.  

We are a young team, winning awards, which we have not seen for a while. Rather than embrace this, you harp back to the 'old' days. A pointless observation in my opinion. 

Just now, braveheartcolt said:

We are a young team, winning awards, which we have not seen for a while. Rather than embrace this, you harp back to the 'old' days. A pointless observation in my opinion. 

Sorry, I'll do more embracing.  lol Wouldn't want to upset anyone.