Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts win "Offensive Line of the Week" - via NFL

zibby43

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Thats a first! Glad we finally have a top 10 O line. Technically Polian drafted AC, and Grigson drafted Kelly, but we have not had a combination of lineman gel like this until Ballard took over.

Definitely something I could get used to!

55 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Thats a first! Glad we finally have a top 10 O line. Technically Polian drafted AC, and Grigson drafted Kelly, but we have not had a combination of lineman gel like this until Ballard took over.

Actually, Indy is the first team this year to be O-line of the week 2 weeks in a row.

PFF graded Kelly and Nelson the highest players at their positions this week.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Be honest, you read it 5 times as well before you believed what you thought you read the previous time and clicked on it.

If a year ago i said we'd be seeing solid OL play AND solid LB play you all would be Laughing at me more than you already do.

Heck bro just a few games ago fans were running around like chickens with their heads cut off about the line. How fricken amazing have they been since AC came back, kicked Smith out to RT and big G to guard.

Here is, IMO, the most important stat in the entire oline evaluation.

The effort also helped the running backs earn a league-leading 122 yards before contact.

That is incredible.  I know it was against Oakland and a good chuck of those yards came on the 49 yarder from Mack.  But still, if the Colts can continue to get the RBs to the 2nd level before contact, there will be a lot more huge running games in the future.

That being said, I think the next couple three games, the Colts will come out throwing the ball more.  They know teams are watching their film and will game plan to shut down the run game, so the Colts will game plan a passing game to counter what they are anticipating on seeing from the JAX defense.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Here is, IMO, the most important stat in the entire oline evaluation.

That is incredible.  I know it was against Oakland and a good chuck of those yards came on the 49 yarder from Mack.  But still, if the Colts can continue to get the RBs to the 2nd level before contact, there will be a lot more huge running games in the future.

That being said, I think the next couple three games, the Colts will come out throwing the ball more.  They know teams are watching their film and will game plan to shut down the run game, so the Colts will game plan a passing game to counter what they are anticipating on seeing from the JAX defense.

Running the ball is still the way to beat the JAX defense. They normally have talent and enough resources devoted to coverage because they are confident their front four can stop the run. I think that is how they will start the game and if we are gashing them, then they will bring their safeties up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Running the ball is still the way to beat the JAX defense. They normally have talent and enough resources devoted to coverage because they are confident their front four can stop the run. I think that is how they will start the game and if we are gashing them, then they will bring their safeties up.

Could be.  I think it will be the opposite, I think the Colts will come out throwing and force those safeties back and then gash 'em with the run.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Could be.  I think it will be the opposite, I think the Colts will come out throwing and force those safeties back and then gash 'em with the run.

It depends on how the Jags rebound after their bye week. If their D plays pass D like they did before the bye week, Luck will have plenty of success. But if their pass D returns to being their dominant self, we could shoot ourselves in the foot turning it over a few times and would have to count on Bortles being Bortles to offset it. :) 

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's amazing how many people thought that picking a Guard at #6 was the worst thing ever. I am not saying it is all Nelson as to why we have one of the best O.Lines now but it's a hell of a coincidence. We can run the ball now too and he has alot to do with that. Part of why our O.Line is better is Reich's playcalling and Luck getting the ball out quicker (regarding Lucks protection) but Nelson has really helped the cause of an improving O.Line.

Ultimately Ballard made into a strength what previously was a dagger in the side of the team.  

Worth the first round pick.  

• Like 2