Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remainder of the Schedule

Steamboat_Shaun

I was poking around today to see how we stacked up vs the rest of our schedule as far as points per game, & the results are pretty encouraging, being that we're now ranked 6 in that category at 28.9. I realize that this is only taking 1 factor into consideration, but right now, the way the Colts offense is playing, none of these teams are scoring enough points to beat us.

That's not to say I believe that we run the table, as there's definitely a loss or 2 in here, but it looks good nevertheless.

Texans: ranked 15, 24.6ppg

Dolphins: ranked 21, 21.8ppg

Cowboys: ranked 26, 20ppg

Giants: ranked 28, 18.8ppg

Jags 2x: ranked 29, 16.8ppg

Titans 2x: ranked 30, 15.1ppg

Source: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This defense can still make average offenses look great and complete 70% of their passes. Colts could beat every team on the schedule but they could also lose to every team on the schedule (except maybe the Giants).

Definitely a valid concern, but outside of Deshaun Watson, there isn't much for  halfway decent QBs left on the schedule. It legitimately looks like we played all of the good QBs that we'll face this year during the first half of the season. I guess I'd throw Dak in there as someone who could be problematic as well, but if we take care of business in the divisional games, losing one to Dallas wouldn't be the end of the world.

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This defense can still make average offenses look great and complete 70% of their passes. Colts could beat every team on the schedule but they could also lose to every team on the schedule (except maybe the Giants).

I was going to say the same thing.  But from a small sample size we can say the defense can look very good against bad QBs too.

Hopefully we get Hooker back, he's a difference maker.  And Lewis should be back by week 10.

When assessing the Colts' offensive outlook, I don't think it's as necessary to compare them to the offenses of the opponents as much as it is to look at their defenses, whom the Colts offense will have to overcome.  However, in looking at the upcoming opponents' offenses it appears that the Colts defense may enjoy some successes, which in turn would contribute to overall team success.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Myles said:

Oakland ranked 27th with 19.7 PPG

Philly ranked 21st with 22.2 PPG

NY Jets ranked 19th at 24 PPG

Need to take into account 2 of those games the Colts were missing a few key players. I very seldom mention or blame officials for a lose. But the philly game had to be one of the worst officiating games that I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Need to take into account 2 of those games the Colts were missing a few key players. I very seldom mention or blame officials for a lose. But the philly game had to be one of the worst officiating games that I have ever seen. 

Good points.  

I only posted it as a way of showing that the stats don't really mean much.