Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear Josh McDaniels,

shakedownstreet

Dear Josh, I look forward to when BB retires and you become the head coach. You are a failure without BB and I look forward to our team stomping your team every year. You are not a man of your word, you are a manipulator and you have no class at all. Karma is pointing right at you.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

71AnmdwKpAL._SX466__zpsw0ihqfkp.jpg

Thank you.

Thank you for realizing your proper place was offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots.

Thank you to the Patriots staff/ownership for helping Josh realize he was meant to stay a Patriot.

Thank you for going after what you truly believe in. Keep livin' the dream!

Thank you from the entire Colts' fanbase. We are forever in your debt! 

I understand your sentiments, However just a week or two ago, many of your fans were bashing Colts HC Frank Reich and his play calling. kanye shrug. I thought FR as a play caller has been very good minus certain goal line situations and maybe not always the best idea of going for it on 4th down (see Houston game), and or going for 2 pts when the Field goal allows for better situations later on in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I understand your sentiments, However just a week or two ago, many of your fans were bashing Colts HC Frank Reich and his play calling. kanye shrug. I thought FR as a play caller has been very good minus certain goal line situations and maybe not always the best idea of going for it on 4th down (see Houston game), and or going for 2 pts when the Field goal allows for better situations later on in the game. 

The one thing Reich has done a few times that kind of irks me is when he tries to run it up the middle with Mack on the goal line against a stacked box. Teams clearly know that it's coming, & it has yet to work. It usually happens right after a big gain, & he's clearly trying to catch the defense off guard, but it's just not working.

8 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I wouldn't say "many". I know there were a few but pretty sure that was about it. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Some of those same fans would whine and complain about paying taxes after they won the lottery....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The one thing Reich has done a few times that kind of irks me is when he tries to run it up the middle with Mack on the goal line against a stacked box. Teams clearly know that it's coming, & it has yet to work. It usually happens right after a big gain, & he's clearly trying to catch the defense off guard, but it's just not working.

True but to the contrary, when he runs on 3rd and goal when people are expecting a passing down with our OL imposing its will and gets a TD, you have to give credit as well.

Numerous times I have seen Peyton with Addai convert a 3rd and 5-10 yards range with a timely run when he sees the safeties deep and likes the match up on the strong side or weak side of the run and makes a timely run call resulting in a first down. They are able to use the momentum of the TEs and OL to get to the second level before they can be disrupted and the RB gets that extra 1 or 2 yards based on ability to close the deal. I always loved those plays. :) 

Like Reggie Wayne once said "the other team is on scholarship too". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

People who moan & groan on the internet are every bit as guaranteed as death and taxes

Lol yes sir. It's easier to get away woth it on the internet. Cause out in the real world they might get served up a open hand slap in the mouth lol

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

True but to the contrary, when he runs on 3rd and goal when people are expecting a passing down with our OL imposing its will and gets a TD, you have to give credit as well.

The main difference there is that on those 3rd down plays he spreads the formation out so the defense can't stack the box. And like I said, it's really my only criticism, so if that's as bad as it gets, I'm totally okay with it, especially if they're just getting a TD 2 plays later anyways.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Dear Josh, I look forward to when BB retires and you become the head coach. You are a failure without BB and I look forward to our team stomping your team every year. You are not a man of your word, you are a manipulator and you have no class at all. Karma is pointing right at you.  

I can't help but feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised to see the dynasty outlast Brady and McDaniels, but certainly not Belichick 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I definitely did not like us going on 4th down instead of kicking  a field goal  in the first quarter against Cincy but I loved going for it on 4th down in overtime against Houston. Yes we are where we are because we didn't get it but if we would have we would be tied with them.

• Like 1

Eh, but IF he was our coach and was successful he'd be praised by the same participants in this thread.

Anyway, the guy did what he thought was best for him and his family. I cannot be mad at him for that. Am I a fanboy; not even close! I just don't see the point in these bashing threads after the initial burn was felt

I'm happy with Frank

3 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Eh, but IF he was our coach and was successful he'd be praised by the same participants in this thread.

Anyway, the guy did what he thought was best for him and his family. I cannot be mad at him for that. Am I a fanboy; not even close! I just don't see the point in these bashing threads after the initial burn was felt

I'm happy with Frank

Not that the intention isn't filled with sarcasm, but I actually meant what I said. There's no profit in carrying around hate. It's meant more from a humorous standpoint.

The truth is it worked out for everyone. The Pats are rollin' and nobody would be surprised if they won it all again. Meanwhile this incomplete Colt's team looks clearly to be trending in the right direction

At the same time, I can't help but feel that even if The Colts were successful right now under McDaniels, there would be an unspoken dark cloud hovering over the organization.

Everything about Frank is a feel good story

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yeah, I didn’t like when Pagano followed up a run play after Gore would run for 12 yards or more only to see it gain 1 or 2 yards if that. Much in the same way I don’t like these calls now to get a long run and then rush everyone back to the line hoping to either catch them tired or out of place but it seems to never produce a large second run. I could see it if we are trying to get the 12 men on the field penalties but we seem more gassed then they do with that hurry up attempt. Maybe we need to have a hurry up and bounce it outside attempt idk. 

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

The difference is McDaniels is a scumbag and Reich is not.  I thought that was common knowledge.

In hindsight, I don't think McDaniels was ever coming here. They set up Ballard big time. So screw that guy.

But to be fair...we have no idea how how the offense would have been...especially since Luck seems to be back. And McDaniels might have had some input on the personnel as well...which might have led to upgrades at WR (or better production).

And while I hate NE...they seem to be doing just fine...and probably would have hung 50 on the Colts if not for some fluke INTs. And it's not like they haven't had their own share of challenges (Gronk being a shell of himself...Edelman suspension...Michel injury).

Things typcially have a way or working themselves out though...and the Colts ended up just fine. Should merely be a footnote in the history of this team.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Hasn't Mack scored 2 TDs and a 2point conversion the last two weeks but running it up the middle on the goaline?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Hasn't Mack scored 2 TDs and a 2point conversion the last two weeks but running it up the middle on the goaline?

He has, but those plays have all been in spread formations, & not against a stacked box. The plays I'm referring to were clearly run packages vs an 11 man front.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

The difference is McDaniels is a scumbag and Reich is not.  I thought that was common knowledge.

My apologies, I don't know people off of TV personally to know who's a scumbag and who's not. I'm not invited to those closed door meetings.

He has, but those plays have all been in spread formations, & not against a stacked box. The plays I'm referring to were clearly run packages vs an 11 man front.

All that is is Frank having faith in his O-line. Attempting those plays does pay off with the O-line improving and learning how make it work. What you may be not thinking of is Luck has the ability to change the play. It's all a process right now.

• Like 2

I could speculate and call them "set up" plays. He ran in an obvious run-formation and if it worked, then great. So he probably will pass in an obvious pass-formation, could be the thought process of defenders. Then, when he spreads them out and runs on a 3rd and 5 by the goal line, he has done his job in setting them up. :) 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

All that is is Frank having faith in his O-line. Attempting those plays does pay off with the O-line improving and learning how make it work. What you may be not thinking of is Luck has the ability to change the play. It's all a process right now.

I wouldn't disagree with that, & like I said, it's the 1 tiny criticism I have, so if that's the worst I can come up with as far as complaining about his playcalling goes, that should indicate that he's doing a pretty good job.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I wouldn't disagree with that, & like I said, it's the 1 tiny criticism I have, so if that's the worst I can come up with as far as complaining about his playcalling goes, that should indicate that he's doing a pretty good job.

IMO he is trying to get this team to "pound the rock' so to say and will continue to push that issue. Certainly there will be plays that can draw criticism along the way. It goes with the territory of being a head coach. He is still learning himself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

My apologies, I don't know people off of TV personally to know who's a scumbag and who's not. I'm not invited to those closed door meetings.

He may not be a scumbag, but what he did to other coaches is scum bag behavior.

• Like 4

A good ole late 90s toned open letter post!

As for runming it up the middle I know it's frustrating when it doesn't work but running it up the middle on the goal line is similar to running it up the middle on the first play of the game. It's just something a team with the fundamentals does. It keeps them on Earth and alot of teams could benefit from it in the era of 3rd and 2, Malcolm Butler etc.

• Like 1

I don't think Reich is perfect, and I'm pretty sure he's still learning how to be a HC.  But IMHO he's definitely been better than what we've had the last oh 10 years or so in Indy.  That may change, and I reserve the right to change my mind, but so far I have few complaints.  And I would agree that McDaniels would not have been as good.  Of course we will never know, but just a gut feeling that we ended up with the better HC.

• Like 2