Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions are taking calls on Golden Tate.

zibby43

52 minutes ago, TYtheGHOST said:

i would do it for a 4th rounder at the most. his contract is up after this season. he will prob want more money than hes worth. id rather have Thomas from the Broncos

Yeah I think I'd rather go with Thomas..  I don't know the age difference but I would rather go with the bigger reciever.  We already have the small face guy in TY.  if the age is a big difference then maybe go with Tate depending how old he is

Lets see, give up a draft pick for a WR who's contract is up at the end of the year, a 30 yr old one WR at that? Not even a hard pass.  Simply a not even think about it pass. Now if they only want a 7th for him, sure id give a 7th for just about anyone but other than that, PASS

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think with Inman and Ishmael active and Cain and Johnson on IR I would keep our draft picks and continue to build. 

I agree. Ballard was on radio yesterday and he said probably 80% of the speculations and rumors you hear in the media are untrue. He also opined about articles written at the beginning of the season about the OL coach and said that if they had time to listen/read the negative stuff written about them, they wouldn't have the time to do their job as well as they can and that none of that stuff is paid attention to when they come up with their plan. He felt that even at 1-5, they were convinced they were on the right track, just that the results were not backing their plan and at 3-5, people are able to see it more. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zibby43 said:

As one of the best YAC WRs in the entirety of the NFL, I think Golden Tate would be an outstanding fit in this offense.

He has incredibly strong hands.  For the right "price," I would absolutely consider it.

Yes, he is a good fit but I think the Patriots are interested in both Tate and Thomas at this point. Tate is a great fit for the death by a thousand paper cuts offense that the Patriots run. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, he is a good fit but I think the Patriots are interested in both Tate and Thomas at this point. Tate is a great fit for the death by a thousand paper cuts offense that the Patriots run. 

I do agree that Tate would be a good fit but I just can't get over wanting a full draft class next draft (maybe I am just being stubborn?)

Him and TY would be good for our new and young receivers next season. At 30 I would guess he still has some tread left.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Vindicated?  Just who was arguing with you saying you were wrong?

I didn't say anyone was arguing with me.  In fact, I liked one of your responses.  I'm confused as to why you felt the need to come after me with such an aggressive, accusatory tone.  Maybe you misinterpreted my post?

And since you felt the need to come after me, I'll offer some thoughts in an effort to clarify.

I see crazy, off-the-wall trade/free agent suggestions all the time (example: Dez Bryant).  I see suggestions made with no regard to the cost (in terms of either money or draft capital).  I see suggestions made with no regard to whether a particular player fits within the scheme or culture of an organization.

Tate, on the other hand, seemed like a potential acquisition that: 1) fit the scheme perfectly; 2) would fit the culture (smart (played at ND), active in the community in Detroit); 3) would be reliable (from both availability and performance standpoints); 4) would come at a fairly reasonable price (which turned out to be accurate).

With the injuries to the WR position, Tate would've also addressed a need.  The AFC South isn't nearly as strong as it was projected to be.  He's a player that could've helped this year, and potentially in the future.  The entire roster doesn't have to be under 30.

Vindicated: "Shown or proven to be reasonable or justified"

So, yes, I feel vindicated with respect to suggesting that Tate was someone that the Colts should've considered.  I felt it would've been a reasonable or justifiable inquiry.

• Like 1