Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jagaurs vs Colts

CR91

On 10/29/2018 at 6:20 PM, krunk said:

I don't really even call that Texans game a dog fight.  We pretty much made it into a dog fight with all over our self made bloopers.  I still say we are the superior team and I felt that way in that game as well.   I didn't like our game plan, but that should be much different this time around.

Good point. We shot ourselves in the foot in basically every loss we’ve had.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, CR91 said:

With the jags recent struggles and potentially not having fournette and the bye week giving us time to recover and guys like Hooker back hopefully, is there a different feel as to our chances of winning this game? Our next three games are all home games against the jags, titans, and dolphins three very winnable games imo. We can be right back in the playoff race.

The theory is sound, however the Colts have a history of making the Jags look good going all the way back to when they were bad.....Bortles looks like a pro bowler, and the rolling bowling ball of butcher knives carved us up before that, even in our SB year I remember Kravitz one liner about MJD that next day MJD ran for (however many yards it was) he would have ran for more on the Colts but the end zone kept getting in the way......so no matter how good we are (real or imagined) no matter how bad they are (real or imagined) I always get nervous when we face them. They have been our Kryptonite for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, Crunked said:

The theory is sound, however the Colts have a history of making the Jags look good going all the way back to when they were bad.....Bortles looks like a pro bowler, and the rolling bowling ball of butcher knives carved us up before that, even in our SB year I remember Kravitz one liner about MJD that next day MJD ran for (however many yards it was) he would have ran for more on the Colts but the end zone kept getting in the way......so no matter how good we are (real or imagined) no matter how bad they are (real or imagined) I always get nervous when we face them. They have been our Kryptonite for whatever reason.

Although we have lost 4 of the last 5, we are 22-12 all time. I'd suggest the Patriots are our kryptonite if we want to use comic book analogies....

Jacksonville hasn't seen Luck in a year and a 1/2. NOT seen our O-line.  Only got a whiff of Mack last year.  And Darius Leonard is a factor. Let alone our new coaching.

Yes, Bortles has had our number the last 2 years, but i'd still put 8 in the box and MAKE him beat us.  I'd blitz every other snap, and make him the most uncomfortable human being in Indy. And mix those blitzes up, Safety, corner, Leonard, even monster blitzes.

If Hooker and Mitchel are both healthy, play them...One or both will get opportunities to get their hands on an errant pass or two When Bortles is under constant pressure.  All we'd need is a turnover or 2 and the score could get lopsided.  I've already said how i'd play them offensively.  This is a game that could be over by halftime if Bortles isn't on top of his game.

On 10/29/2018 at 5:07 PM, ColtsBlitz said:

We were in a dogfight against the Texans, who are now 5-3. I don’t see how Oakland being bad and playing a good game lowers our teams ability to fight back in a game 

Other than that, I agree with you 100%

I agree 100%, & let's not forget that playing on the road at Oakland is no picnic, & we went in there & dropped 42.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I agree 100%, & let's not forget that playing on the road at Oakland is no picnic, & we went in there & dropped 42.

I know it wasn't in Oakland but a 1-7 49er team with a QB who had never taken a snap in the NFL just hung 34 on them. Just saying. haha

On 10/29/2018 at 5:23 PM, MarquisJ said:

I don’t usually listen to colin but he’s in love with these Colts and Andrew! It was a nice listen

This was the first National guy I heard say “watch out for the Colts”. 

10-6 could get them to the playoffs 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 6:19 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Although we have lost 4 of the last 5, we are 22-12 all time. I'd suggest the Patriots are our kryptonite if we want to use comic book analogies....

worst record is against the steelers.  about 20% win rate against them, its about 35% against NE

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I know it wasn't in Oakland but a 1-7 49er team with a QB who had never taken a snap in the NFL just hung 34 on them. Just saying. haha

That team & locker room is toast. They looked like they actually had some heart & put up a bit of a fight when they played the Colts last week, but they looked completely defeated from the get go last night.