Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jagaurs vs Colts

CR91

With the jags recent struggles and potentially not having fournette and the bye week giving us time to recover and guys like Hooker back hopefully, is there a different feel as to our chances of winning this game? Our next three games are all home games against the jags, titans, and dolphins three very winnable games imo. We can be right back in the playoff race.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

With the jags recent struggles and potentially not having fournette and the bye week giving us time to recover and guys like Hooker back hopefully, is there a different feel as to our chances of winning this game? Our next three games are all home games against the jags, titans, and dolphins three very winnable games imo. We can be right back in the playoff race.

I think Jacksonville is a mess.  They struck me as an undisciplined mess in the preseason and have continued to be that way.  

I do think Fournette is back this week.  But Blake Bortles.

I do think the Colts have a very real chance of winning this game and leaving Jacksonville for dead in the division.

• Like 2

It is hard to look at the Colts and say they are not capable of winning the division. Texans are neck and neck with the Colts but a better defense gives them the edge. The Texans have a history of losing games they should have won so so if I was a betting man I would give up betting.

Jacksonville is like 24th in the league in run defense right now. Barring any stupid injuries that pile up in the bye week (always possible with the colts :facepalm:) we should see another solid effort from Mack and co.

Play with the lead, don't turn it over, and we should be fine. If we're forced to throw it a lot, we might be in trouble. The Jags DBs are some of the best in the league still. 

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The Colts definitely has a chance of winning, but don't take it granted. It's the NFL, it doesn't matter if a team is on a down spiral or in an uptick, it's still any given sunday. The Raiders just had their best game of the season against the Colts, after that mess they created for themselves last week. And the Jags are actually a very talented team, so if they can put it together, they are dangerous. Bortles is bad, but he has 2-3 very good games every season, and he used to play well against the Colts.

So, I think the Colts must bring their a game, the offense must keep playing well, and the defense has to step up. They must play a clean game, without drops, mental mistakes, silly turnovers, etc.

Regarding the playoffs, let's see where we will be after the next 3 games first. The Colts will host the Jags, the Titans and the Dolphins. If they win all three, then that will be the right time discussing their playoff chances. Not before, imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, by no means am I thinking the Colts should beat the Jags. I expect this will be the hardest win of the season to date if we do come out on top. 

Way too much talent and bad blood to take them lightly , and lets be honest , we were just in a dog fight with a far inferior Oakland team. 

Like every game this season , I want to see progress in our youth and I hope we win. But I don't expect anything. 

This will be a huge test for Reich's play-calling imo, because the Jags are certainly going to take away things we like to do. 

Our D-line has to be better than it was yesterday , because if we allow the Jags to run the ball and control the clock , we're playing right into their hands. 

• Like 3

It's great that they get 3 home games in November.  Hopefully they can take advantage of that.  Jags, Titans and Dolphins don't look so hot right now, but can't be taken for granted.  All are winnable games but all could potentially be loseable too, no locks really.  Hopefully they get healthy, the d cleans up a little bit and the offense keeps clicking.  They'll be tough to beat!  Still a lot of work to do!

2 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

The Colts definitely has a chance of winning, but don't take it granted. It's the NFL, it doesn't matter if a team is on a down spiral or in an uptick, it's still any given sunday. The Raiders just had their best game of the season against the Colts, after that mess they created for themselves last week. And the Jags are actually a very talented team, so if they can put it together, they are dangerous. Bortles is bad, but he has 2-3 very good games every season, and he used to play well against the Colts.

So, I think the Colts must bring their a game, the offense must keep playing well, and the defense has to step up. They must play a clean game, without drops, mental mistakes, silly turnovers, etc.

Regarding the playoffs, let's see where we will be after the next 3 games first. The Colts will host the Jags, the Titans and the Dolphins. If they win all three, then that will be the right time discussing their playoff chances. Not before, imo.

Carr is better than bortles plus hooker was out. Also tyquan lewis may make his appearance  versus jags and that guy is a beast like Leonard 

2 hours ago, Trueman said:

Yeah, by no means am I thinking the Colts should beat the Jags. I expect this will be the hardest win of the season to date if we do come out on top. 

Way too much talent and bad blood to take them lightly , and lets be honest , we were just in a dog fight with a far inferior Oakland team. 

Like every game this season , I want to see progress in our youth and I hope we win. But I don't expect anything. 

This will be a huge test for Reich's play-calling imo, because the Jags are certainly going to take away things we like to do. 

Our D-line has to be better than it was yesterday , because if we allow the Jags to run the ball and control the clock , we're playing right into their hands. 

We were in a dogfight against the Texans, who are now 5-3. I don’t see how Oakland being bad and playing a good game lowers our teams ability to fight back in a game 

Other than that, I agree with you 100%

Like I said in the off season I could tell the Jags had too much of an arrogant spirit going on.  Anytime one of the leaders on your teams says openly they think they should be going 16-0 that tells you what kind of mentality they have.  Then you got Ramsey talking all the damn time.  It usually doesn't work out well for you when you have that type of stuff going on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

We were in a dogfight against the Texans, who are now 5-3. I don’t see how Oakland being bad and playing a good game lowers our teams ability to fight back in a game 

Other than that, I agree with you 100%

I don't really even call that Texans game a dog fight.  We pretty much made it into a dog fight with all over our self made bloopers.  I still say we are the superior team and I felt that way in that game as well.   I didn't like our game plan, but that should be much different this time around.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Trueman said:

Raiders would not have ran the ball well had Carr not had such a game where we had to drop 7 into coverage every play.  Our defensive woes at the time (due to injuries and scheme) played into the Raiders hands.

IF we get Hooker back, and Mitchel plays beside him, We beat the Jags.  We'll keep 5 near the line for QB pressure/run stopping, and MAKE blake beat us in the air.  Blake telegraphs his throws,...Mike and Malik will walk away with 2-3 picks together.

Colts will run, run and run some more.  Control the clock, and keep our defense fresh, and wear down the Jags D.  If Jacksonville tries to bring up 8 in the box to stop the run, They'll get reminded who our QB is............lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

This game just got a touch easier from the Colts perspective.  Dante Fowler going to the Rams for draft picks.

Stunning fall in a season for a team that had such high hopes coming in. But, they did put their faith in Bortles, so....

3 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Stunning fall in a season for a team that had such high hopes coming in. But, they did put their faith in Bortles, so....

Bortles - you are correct.

They also had a bunch of guys have career years last year on defense.  Was bound to not happen again.

The largest thing for me - they are emotional half wits.  Probably really poor decision makers is a better way to say it and their lack of maturity shows itself repeatedly.

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

They also had a bunch of guys have career years last year on defense.  Was bound to not happen again.

The largest thing for me - they are emotional half wits.  Probably really poor decision makers is a better way to say it and their lack of maturity shows itself repeatedly.

I guess the other funny thing too is that it seems like that fanbase forgot that Coughlin put the Jags in "salary cap hell" his first time through. He loaded up on free agents, and while that worked for the Rams so far, it really backfired here. 

Two weeks ago when Yannick Ngouke had to be physically restrained after a locker room blow up, I wondered if Ngouke, who of course has far exceeded his contract was looking around at guys on that team who have gotten paid and thought "i am killing myself for this team, and they're not going to have the money to sign me in a year and a half." 

9 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I guess the other funny thing too is that it seems like that fanbase forgot that Coughlin put the Jags in "salary cap hell" his first time through. He loaded up on free agents, and while that worked for the Rams so far, it really backfired here. 

Two weeks ago when Yannick Ngouke had to be physically restrained after a locker room blow up, I wondered if Ngouke, who of course has far exceeded his contract was looking around at guys on that team who have gotten paid and thought "i am killing myself for this team, and they're not going to have the money to sign me in a year and a half." 

I would bet dollars to donuts that your speculation was not the reason for Ngouke having to be restrained.

I'm curious if anything comes of their secondary walking out on a 65k bar tab while in London. Pure class.

The Colts should probably win, but it's not like it's an obvious win or anything. The Jags could show up. They probably had it in their head that this was going to be an easy game.

Having Luck back and playing at a high level, coupled with the improved O-Line. I'm quite looking forward to watching our squad get their lunch money back from some of these teams.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Expect the Jags to start moving these players with their cap situation. Also a 3rd and a 5th not too shabby.

Turned a 1st into a 3rd and 5th.. I mean it's not a Trent Richardson type trade efficiency, but I dunno, that's kind of shabby imo..

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Turned a 1st into a 3rd and 5th.. I mean it's not a Trent Richardson type trade efficiency, but I dunno, that's kind of shabby imo..

They were going to start losing players thru free agency anyway or just by cutting because their cap. So getting something especially a 3rd and 5th seems like it would be better than nothing.

• Like 1

Remember when Ramsey said Andrew Luck wasn't that good, he's about to find out how good he is :funny:. Eventhough we are 3-5 we are in a good position. Our next 4 opponents are Jags, Titans, and Dolphins all at home, then we travel to the Jags. The way Luck is playing, we may not lose in November. We have a huge advantage at QB in all of those games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I think London proved that. There's some real * on that team. When Ballard preaches about character guys I see plain as day what he means. I wouldn't want a tram full of *s just because they can play football

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, Peterk2011 said:

It helps to be at home colts always play well at home when luck has been healthy although they had just played their best road game of the season this past week I think they have a chance to right the ship and make a push but they need to perform like that on offense on a week to week basis and the defense needs to start showing week to week that they have improved.

Just as much as we think we should beat the Jags, they are thinking we should beat the Colts. 

I’d rather be in our position. 2 wins, getting healthy, and not expected to go to the playoffs this year, versus a team that is underperforming in every way.

Ohhh...and it’s home. I hope fans show up. I’m personally receiving 8000 ads per day to buy tickets.