Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Le'Veon Bell

TigerColt

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He will make millions.   I doubt he will be driving uber.  He also isn't a loser by taking control of his life.   You're a loser by thinking you know what's best for him.      Stick to worrying about you. 

You're the one that is predicting his success in the future and how blowing $14,000,000 is no big deal. Name someone else that tossed $14,000,000. I'll wait for your enlightened response. Sure hope Bell doesn't experience a career ending injury next year. If he does can he count on you to help pay his bills? 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

You're the one that is predicting his success in the future and how blowing $14,000,000 is no big deal. Name someone else that tossed $14,000,000. I'll wait for your enlightened response. Sure hope Bell doesn't experience a career ending injury next year. If he does can he count on you to help pay his bills? 

Well.... excluding the 14.5 mil part, there is another example-

"The Redskins opted to designate Gilbert as their franchise player. According to a November 1997 report by the Associated Press, the designation would have entitled him to the average of the top five salaries of defensive tackles at the time ($2.9 million). In addition, the Redskins offered Gilbert a five-year contract with an average of $3.6 million a year and a $5 million bonus.

But Gilbert balked at the deal, as he sought $4.5 million per season. Unable to come to terms with the Redskins, Gilbert dug his feet in and proceeded to sit out the entire 1997 season. When the Redskins attempted to franchise him once again after the season, Gilbert objected further, and the situation led to an all-day arbitration in court between the NFL and NFL Player's Association to try and resolve the matter. Much like Bell, Gilbert became persona non grata in Washington D.C. - A "selfish" player with a "me-first" attitude.

Eventually, Gilbert ended up getting what he sought: A trade from the Redskins to the Carolina Panthers, who offered him a big, fat, seven-year, $46.5 million deal."

A pro-bowl player has sat before to get what he wants is the point. As far as injury, he is going after a huge contract in guaranteed money (which Steelers were very short on).  Thus he will get that huge sum as an up front lump payment.  And it doesn't have to be returned if injured on the field or team duties. The team will spread that lump out over his contract duration for yearly salary cap (accounting) purposes.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Even so, that means he signed and has guaranteed money in the amount if 40+ million. Soooo...he's going to be pretty set.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

He will never get that 14 million back,   but he has plenty of money.   If he didn't he would have signed the tag.   He will also get millions more next year,   he won't need any help paying bills 

11 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Even so, that means he signed and has guaranteed money in the amount if 40+ million. Soooo...he's going to be pretty set.

I never said he is broke but trashing 14 million is stupid by every definition. He has not one single guarantee of his future health. Many teams will ignore him to send a message to other players his "strategy" is not admired by team owners. Everyone's net worth is always higher than real money. Example, you own a million dollar home but what are your annual expenses and taxes?  "Wealth building" is obviously a concept he does not understand. That 14 million properly invested could be more than substantial. He is a fool pure and simple. No sane person says, "I have money so I will burn money." I don't find a 40 million guarantee you mention, not saying it is not true but I don't find that anywhere.

I never said he is broke but trashing 14 million is stupid by every definition. He has not one single guarantee of his future health. Many teams will ignore him to send a message to other players his "strategy" is not admired by team owners. Everyone's net worth is always higher than real money. Example, you own a million dollar home but what are your annual expenses and taxes?  "Wealth building" is obviously a concept he does not understand. That 14 million properly invested could be more than substantial. He is a fool pure and simple. No sane person says, "I have money so I will burn money." I don't find a 40 million guarantee you mention, not saying it is not true but I don't find that anywhere.

Unless he has an injury outside of football, his guaranteed money is not in jeopardy. Yes throwing away $14M is dumb. However, what is more dumb: signing a measly $14M contract (comparatively) and risking injury, thus losing out on possible $60M (total) future contract; or, passing on the $14M in order to ensure the larger amount of the money that can secure you and your children's future?

Btw; Gurley got over $40M guaranteed; Bell will get the same.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Unless he has an injury outside of football, his guaranteed money is not in jeopardy. Yes throwing away $14M is dumb. However, what is more dumb: signing a measly $14M contract (comparatively) and risking injury, thus losing out on possible $60M (total) future contract; or, passing on the $14M in order to ensure the larger amount of the money that can secure you and your children's future?

Gurley might get $40 mill guaranteed... might...   but I wouldn’t bet on it...

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:11 AM, Narcosys said:

He HOPES he will but he is in for a lesson. He has made no friends with this move.

22 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It seems like maybe you do... you called him LeVeon Loser, and keep trashing him...

giphy.gif

What will your reaction be when the Colts give him a fat contract this off-season?

giphy.gif

You mean the Colts that have not made a correct pick in the RB slot for years? Bell would fit right in. I don't want him on my team so let Hoody have him. Then you can switch back to being a NE fan.

27 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He HOPES he will but he is in for a lesson. He has made no friends with this move.

Not with the Steelers, but he wont be playing for the Steelers will he?

He didn't burn the entire NFL, other teams I guarantee were hoping he'd hit FA and probably love this move.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

He didn't burn the entire NFL, other teams I guarantee were hoping he'd hit FA and probably love this move.

Yes, he is done with Pittsburgh for the most part. But do not underestimate their front office and legal team.  They will look for anything/everything possible to recoup some value from losing him. And not just seeing if they don't sign enough free agents to get a future #3 comp pick because of it.

The talk has died down for now, but wait until/by January/February time frame.  Major grievances filed by the Steelers and the NFLPA will be in full swing.

• Like 1

You mean the Colts that have not made a correct pick in the RB slot for years? Bell would fit right in. I don't want him on my team so let Hoody have him. Then you can switch back to being a NE fan.

:facepalm:  There is so much wrong with this post... I don't even know where to begin.

1.  If you're talking about the draft, Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines disagree with you, and if you're talking about free agency, then Frank Gore disagrees with you.  Either way, that was nonsense.

2.  Bell WOULD fit right in with this scheme, I don't know about the locker room.  I don't personally know the man like you (apparently) do.

3.  Where did the Hoody/NE stuff come from?  We do NOT want him going to NE.  :no:

4.  You can say what you want about me, my mama, or my dog, but don't you DARE call me a NE fan!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5356849

200.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, he is done with Pittsburgh for the most part. But do not underestimate their front office and legal team.  They will look for anything/everything possible to recoup some value from losing him. And not just seeing if they don't sign enough free agents to get a future #3 comp pick because of it.

The talk has died down for now, but wait until/by January/February time frame.  Major grievances filed by the Steelers and the NFLPA will be in full swing.

Ok, so how does that burn the rest of the NFL?

38 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ok, so how does that burn the rest of the NFL?

Hmmm,  I never said it did.  You must be thinking of another posters replies.  My statement is what it is.

Someone will pay Bell, I just do not know how much and who.  But the Steelers are not going to just let him just walk free without recouping something in return... if they can.  And they will try.

As far as how can they 'burn' the other NFL teams? They only way I can see is if they place the Transition tag on Bell (Steelers still have the negotiating rights to him).  Let him hit the market and get a contract.  If it doesn't have have massive front loaded guarantees, then match it and then place him on their roster, and also the trading block. Use him until you move him, so yes, there is a very slim chance Bell could be back on the Steelers team. If the market driven contract does have massive amounts of front loaded cash guarantees, then they may (or not) have possibly hampered the finances of the acquiring team more than if Bell was a straight UFA negotiating a long term deal.  Otherwise, I agree (if that is your position), there is no 'burning' of the NFL.

EDIT: Timeline for people regarding Bell.

Steelers have exclusive negotiating rights to Bell until  March 11, 2019

(after which Bell becomes a UFA, if he is not tagged as below)

Franchise/Transition tag period is from Feb. 19 to March 5 in 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Yes, he will pay somewhere maybe Philly but he definitely won't play where he is not wanted and he is not wanted in many locker rooms. The Steelers player ripped his name plate off is locker and trashed the content-tells me something!:D Lesson: Don't burn your bridges behind you.

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

:facepalm:  There is so much wrong with this post... I don't even know where to begin.

1.  If you're talking about the draft, Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines disagree with you, and if you're talking about free agency, then Frank Gore disagrees with you.  Either way, that was nonsense.

2.  Bell WOULD fit right in with this scheme, I don't know about the locker room.  I don't personally know the man like you (apparently) do.

3.  Where did the Hoody/NE stuff come from?  We do NOT want him going to NE.  :no:

4.  You can say what you want about me, my mama, or my dog, but don't you DARE call me a NE fan!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5356849

200.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Your ideas of talent explain why the Colts have been miserable the past two years. "Bell would fit right in this scheme". Really? What is this scheme you talk about coach? Fill us in NE fan.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%. Someone is about to pay him big money!

Paying player big money has been the source of many jokes in the NFL and pro sports in general. The often used word is "bust". Like every RB that ever played he needs an OL that will open holes just like the Steelers current replacement for M., Wonderful. Also, first ballot HoF is out for Bell because of his departure.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Your ideas of talent explain why the Colts have been miserable the past two years. "Bell would fit right in this scheme". Really? What is this scheme you talk about coach? Fill us in NE fan.

b13268549aba9d464812d1d37eccd26b0a62f55c

Uh, coach Reichs' quick-hitting offensive scheme that put up back-to-back 200+ yd rushing games with the aforementioned Mack and Hines, and has Luck in the MVP conversation... THAT scheme.

In the same post earlier, you claimed the Colts can't acquire talented RBs, but also don't want the Colts to acquire arguably the most talented RB in the NFL...

seriously.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, King Colt said:

Paying player big money has been the source of many jokes in the NFL and pro sports in general. The often used word is "bust". Like every RB that ever played he needs an OL that will open holes just like the Steelers current replacement for M., Wonderful. Also, first ballot HoF is out for Bell because of his departure.

So you agree, he will get $40M guaranteed?

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The NFL Network reported Sunday that LeVeon wants $17 mil for 5 years..

Does anybody think there s a team that will give him that with, lets say, $40 mil guaranteed.

I don't know who that team would be.

Jets.

But if Bell was smart, he would take what Ballard offers and become a Colt.

Then he can just hop onto Big Qs back and ride him into the endzone on every play!  haha

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Jets.

But if Bell was smart, he would take what Ballard offers and become a Colt.

Then he can just hop onto Big Qs back and ride him into the endzone on every play!  haha

Jets cant spend $17 mil on a running back when they don't have a good line...

……..and we are not paying any running back big money....

I dont think anybody is

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Jets cant spend $17 mil on a running back when they don't have a good line...

……..and we are not paying any running back big money....

I dont think anybody is

I know.  I think Bell (really his agent) is just laying the opening gambit for negotiations.  He knows he won't get that much, but you start high while the team starts low and you end up meeting in the middle.

The Jets are just the popular pick among the "experts" at the moment.  But a smart RB goes where the OLine is, and the Colts have one of the best.

And if he's like Ebron, he's going to fall in love with Ballard and be a Colt.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know.  I think Bell (really his agent) is just laying the opening gambit for negotiations.  He knows he won't get that much, but you start high while the team starts low and you end up meeting in the middle.

The Jets are just the popular pick among the "experts" at the moment.  But a smart RB goes where the OLine is, and the Colts have one of the best.

And if he's like Ebron, he's going to fall in love with Ballard and be a Colt.

I hear you.....Ebron was looking for work...and now, with Andrew, he's headed for the Pro Bowl.

Bell with Luck, T.Y. and the 'Legion of Tall Tight Ends' ..

....and our new tough guy O-line...……..if he'd go 2-years...$30 mil..$20 mil guaranteed/..

I'd do that

• Like 1

Teams to be in the bucket for Bell are the Texans, Lions, Jets, 49ers. Some are saying Philly as well. As long as he does not get a call from Ballard it does not matter where he goes. Now the latest is 45 mil guarantee +17 mil/yr. Put poison in your soup and hope it does not kill you.

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

JMO.

Fair enough.

It doesn't really matter to me whether the Colts sign him or not.  I'm waiting to see what Ballard does.  If Ballard trusts him, he would be a good addition to our offense.  If Ballard thinks he would be a cancer, we'll roll with Mack/Hines/Wilkins, and I'm fine with that.

Our OLine is going to make our RBs look good no matter what.  :thmup:

IMO, Bell has a tremendously inflated feeling of self-importance.  He was sure the Steelers would meet his demands.  Now he's sitting at home, or hanging out, spending his millions.  He'd bring the same ego into any locker room.  He's just a running back who benefited from a great system, line and QB.