Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jskinnz

Marlon Mack / Le'Veon Bell

Can we please put the Le'Veon Bell to Indy rumor's out of their misery?  That dog don't hunt and frankly never did.

Mack looks to have the makings of a feature back and is complemented very nicely by Hines and Wilkins.  

200+ yards in two straight games by a younger and far cheaper group.  Why would they ever consider giving up the asset or dollars required to get Bell?  

I mean, before Mack broke out Bell was still enticing. That was just 2 weeks ago. I agree though. With the way Mack is playing, we don't need Bell or any other RB for that matter. 

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

Can we please put the Le'Veon Bell to Indy rumor's out of their misery?  That dog don't hunt and frankly never did.

Mack looks to have the makings of a feature back and is complemented very nicely by Hines and Wilkins.  

200+ yards in two straight games by a younger and far cheaper group.  Why would they ever consider giving up the asset or dollars required to get Bell?  

and you're not counting the week prior..3 weeks in a row Mack has shown up.

The way this O-line is playing?  It's a free-for-all for everyone.  Hines and Wilkins - 7.0 plus.

Bell wasn't even tempting before Mack played up to potential.  Why pay draft picks for an overrated headache and huge salary when you can get it for free next year's free agency...  Which hopefully we pay him to stay away.

7 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Alot of ya'll said mack wasn't a true RB1.....eat this crow immediately

Ahhhh.....   uhhhhh.....

I’d slow that roll a bit...

Maybe you’re right.   But Mack has been hit fir three weeks.   That’s it.

Can he do it the rest of the season?   Maybe.

Can he do it again in 2019?   Maybe.

That was the issue for many if us with Mack.    Can he do it year after year.   It’s a little too early to know....

bell is a great receiver too, and mack kind of sucks at it

29 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Because people still don't understand OL's are more important than RB's. 

5 players vs one

We're paying Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Turbin a total of $11m. Total. That's their entire contracts, for the life of their contracts, combined.

Bell wants at least $15m/year. 

This has always been a nonstarter for me. The fact that our backs are playing so well is just icing on the cake. 

9 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Alot of ya'll said mack wasn't a true RB1.....eat this crow immediately

not yet

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

bell is a great receiver too, and mack kind of sucks at it

Nonsense.

dont get me wrong, he was great today and last week, but i dont like how he catches and maybe they should stop throwing to him 

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

5 players vs one

If that's what you're taking away from my comment , then god love ya. 

Just now, Superman said:

No he isn't.

i have to disagree, hes had several drops and wiffs in both seasons 

he catches like a running back, not very well 

Just now, Trueman said:

If that's what you're taking away from my comment , then god love ya. 

there are 5 players on the oline of course they are more important than the running back combined 

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

We're paying Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Turbin a total of $11m. Total. That's their entire contracts, for the life of their contracts, combined.

This has always been a nonstarter for me. The fact that our backs are playing so well is just icing on the cake. 

Totally agree with you.  I am not sure what Bell's end game is.  He has been replaced by a 4th rounder who is tearing it up.  He lost millions this year and I don't believe teams will offer him big money next year.  Conner and Pittsburgh have proved that he is replaceable.  You don't pay replaceable players 18 mill a year. Dumb move by him...but I mayb proven wrong.

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

dont get me wrong, he was great today and last week, but i dont like how he catches and maybe they should stop throwing to him 

He has like 7 targets in the last three weeks. They aren't making him a big part of the passing game. He did score a 29 yard receiving TD last week. I don't see why they should stop targeting him when he's open, not if he's doing that kind of damage. 

He has a couple of high profile drops in two seasons. You're acting like he can't catch, and that's false. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Totally agree with you.  I am not sure what Bell's end game is.  He has been replaced by a 4th rounder who is tearing it up.  He lost millions this year and I don't believe teams will offer him big money next year.  Conner and Pittsburgh have proved that he is replaceable.  You don't pay replaceable players 18 mill a year. Dumb move by him...but I mayb proven wrong.

Yup. I don't agree with the way the Steelers have handled it, either. The tag should be for players you actually want to pay, not just to force players to take a weak offer at the deadline.

But I definitely think Bell got some bad advice, and I highly doubt he gets the kind of offer he wants. He probably doesn't even get an offer as good as what the Steelers reportedly made at the deadline. 

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

Thank you thank you thank you

Just now, Superman said:

He has like 7 targets in the last three weeks. They aren't making him a big part of the passing game.

well thats not very many, and he still has those drops.  i guess they do realize it, but still want to get him involved some what

one drop or tip is enough to cost us a game though, the margin for error is razor thin here

Mack almost didn't play today.  Remember he was questionable after last weeks game with yet another injury.  He has shown it the last two weeks for sure.  But can he stay healthy and take the pounding?  His longest run today would have been a touchdown for Bell.  And last weeks as well.  Behind this line Bell would go off.   Bell is a far superior pass catcher too and a threat to go the distance with every touch.   Mack has shown he's a nice back for two games.   But can he do it every week?  A question that has yet to be answered. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yup. I don't agree with the way the Steelers have handled it, either. The tag should be for players you actually want to pay, not just to force players to take a weak offer at the deadline.

But I definitely think Bell got some bad advice, and I highly doubt he gets the kind of offer he wants. He probably doesn't even get an offer as good as what the Steelers reportedly made at the deadline. 

If I recall, I believe his agent wanted him to sign a favourable contract last year.  Bell said no and he wanted 18 Million this year.  I think the bad advice he  is getting is from him when he stands in front of the mirror and tells himself how great he is.  I do also agree that Pitttsburgh handled it wrong. Should have traded him

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Mack almost didn't play today.  Remember he was questionable after last weeks game with yet another injury.  He has shown it the last two weeks for sure.  But can he stay healthy and take the pounding?  His longest run today would have been a touchdown for Bell.  And last weeks as well.  Behind this line Bell would go off.   Bell is a far superior pass catcher too and a threat to go the distance with every touch.   Mack has shown he's a nice back for two games.   But can he do it every week?  A question that has yet to be answered. 

How's that? Mack is faster than Bell.

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

well thats not very many, and he still has those drops.  i guess they do realize it, but still want to get him involved some what

one drop or tip is enough to cost us a game though, the margin for error is razor thin here

This is haterism. 

Marlon Mack definitely has talent, Finally,  a good hit in a non profile running back, but to say it was proven by finally having an  offense line and you don't need a high profile running back is ridiculous. His talent at running back is like, Addai & Roads, Now his durability, is what in the future will define him.  

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Try he's done it 3 weeks in a row.  3 weeks ago he was 12 carries 89 yards...i'd count that all day. so 3 weeks in a row=Proven.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

This is haterism. 

i like mack, just not as a receiver 

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Mack's hands are fine, his drops have been largely concentration issues.

Mack has the ability to take every catch he makes for a TD, so... no, don't stop throwing to him. That would be stupid.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Mack's hands are fine, his drops have been largely concentration issues.

you could say this about any drop

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

To the bolded, Bell hasn't had a play longer than 44 yards since 2014. This idea that he's a big play RB isn't based in reality. Mack has way more top end than Bell now. 

The questions about Mack's durability are legitimate. 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bd657286168587241

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

There is much nonsense in your post.  The bolded is the the worst of the lot - that is wrong on top of wrong.