Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tightends

MarquisJ

Ebron had given up in Detroit, he didn’t want to be there and showed little effort at times.

He seems to have matured a little but also I think he enjoys playing for his new team.

The TE’s have played well this season. Good to have Doyle back.

Now just upgrade the WR position.

21 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Loved the catch by Mo and then Doyle on the " Doyle drive". Ebron had a good catch also though

Doyle and Cox had great effort in their scores but Luck and Ebron have this corner throw down. 18-20 yards and first down, I almost expect it to be thrown at Ebron in the end zone. 

Luck spreading the throws to his TEs takes a lot of focus away from the WRs that eventually we will get plenty of 1-on-1s for our WRs too. One more play making WR on the outside and they won't be able to double team TY like they were constantly doing today.

I do think the Arians' playbook, which does not use TEs as much and uses 3 WRs more, was being re-used enough by Pep Hamilton and Chudzinski that we needed a fresh outlook on how to spread it around better. We couldn't have asked for a more refreshing way to use all the weapons than Frank Reich's scheme. Whether it was Grigson or Pagano, our OC choices did not lend itself to half the creativity and usage we are seeing currently now, especially at the RB and TE position for pass catching.