Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RollerColt

Dear Darius Leonard:

They should send his DROY award to his house like tomorrow.

What linebacker is playing better than him right now? I’m thinking First Team All-Pro.

Love him too. I was watching on gametracker and saw a tweet that Doug Martin fumbled, I bet my friend a dollar that Darius Leonard forced it before we saw. Easiest dollar I ever made, lol! This guy always makes a play, even in an otherwise quiet game.

2 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

They should send his DROY award to his house like tomorrow.

What linebacker is playing better than him right now? I’m thinking First Team All-Pro.

I saw that PFF had him as the 4th best rookie LB.

The colts have a premier player on Defense and that little fact just makes me a little bit happier every time I think about it.

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

That's because he missed a game, which lowers his PFF rank. If he played every game, he'd be the top guy, no question. His stats show he is the best rookie LBer.

5 minutes ago, Gocolts-Rolltide said:

Ironically that's exactly what I think of that stat......  "pfff" poppy *.. 

It's rankings like what I saw regarding Leonard that makes me take PFF with a very large grain of salt.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's because he missed a game, which lowers his PFF rank. If he played every game, he'd be the top guy, no question. His stats show he is the best rookie LBer.

That is one of several problems with their rankings.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

doesn't he have the best ilb stats in nfl

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

doesn't he have the best ilb stats in nfl

Yes, PFF is really bad in some aspects. Leonard is dominating stat wise and it's not even close.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard is a God send! I keep telling myself he would make a huge play and it happened. The guy is Great so far.

Right?

Its like he looks around and says “gosh dangit, I’m going to end this friggin’ game!”

Time to send Jon Gruden home!

Reminded me of the strip sacks Mathis would get to close out games.  The D didn't play well, but you only needed one play.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Reminded me of the strip sacks Mathis would get to close out games.  The D didn't play well, but you only needed one play.

Yep that is what great players do.

Crazy, from following the game thread the d was looking like hot garbage. Luck was being a beast and tied it up at 21. Get back on and killed them 48-28

We forced a Turnover every game so far and I was wondering if we were going to get one, but then the MANIAC answered my question with a sledge hammer!

Love Leonard! Now if we could get the rest of this group to stop leaking. I wouldn't mind us picking up Conley to get a little more athletic at corner. You could tell we missed Hooker today.

1 hour ago, MTC said:

image.png

I thought it would look nicer. C'mon NFL..:thmup:

32 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

It’s very fitting that he shares the same number as pound cake

I thought the same thing before the Texans Game. It fitting that a guy who plays hard is still that number

NFL interviewed him and he acts like he has a huge chip on his shoulder.  Thank you, Clemson.....thank you.

I don't watch all the games, so I can't say he should be defensive player of the year or All-Pro or anything like that.  There are some really good defensive players having great years.  BUT, I would find it difficult to believe there are any defensive ROOKIES playing better than Leonard so far.  Maybe Derwin James?  MAYBE?  I'm having a hard time finding anybody else to even mention.  Maybe Chubb?  He has 7 sacks but little else.  Leonard himself has 4 from the LB position and does EVERYTHING else.

Question.  I know Leonard makes impact plays and tons of tackles which the linebacker does in this system.  I think we mayb over valuing him a tad bit at this time in his career.    Great promise, but how do people think he is doing in coverage, which is really important in this Zone scheme?Stats don't always tell the whole story.  People who seem to know the game feel he needs to improve a lot in this area.

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Question.  I know Leonard makes impact plays and tons of tackles which the linebacker does in this system.  I think we mayb over valuing him a tad bit at this time in his career.    Great promise, but how do people think he is doing in coverage, which is really important in this Zone scheme?Stats don't always tell the whole story.  People who seem to know the game feel he needs to improve a lot in this area.

I think he does well. Is there room for improvement? Of course, he's far from perfect. But the fumble was an example of him in coverage tracking the ball and deciding to go for the kill instead of the tackle. 

His judgement is what is setting him apart. The other things like coverage will continue to get better with experience. 

Leonard has natural playmaking instincts. As a rookie...  Unbelievable. The only reason he’s not getting more recognition is because of our record.  We go on a run and watch the league start to notice.  He’s already got a signature move with the punch fumble.  He’s looking as accurate as Floyd Mayweather with that move.  

Hooker’s injury robbed him of his outstanding rookie year.  Leonard is making the most of his. That’s two dynamic defensive playmakers in back to back drafts... We haven’t seen a young stud on defense make Leonard’s kind of impact since Colonel Bob Sanders.  What a natural.

3 hours ago, Cynjin said:

That's laughable.

11 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

That's laughable.

I agree, I'm not sure how that is a logical decision.