Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Raiders Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I feel if we can get a few 3 and outs early on the pressure on Carr will lead to an implosion. 

I can see Carr being a Giant next season.

Why would Carr want to do that to his career?  ha.

For all the money they paid this past offseason, the Giant OLine is trash.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Why would Carr want to do that to his career?  ha.

For all the money they paid this past offseason, the Giant OLine is trash.

Ours was trash last year too.. things can change. 

Sounds weird, but I'm happy to see the O moving the chains and we've not seen a TY Hilton catch. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I hope you both took my "85 Bears" comments as sarcasm (I even LOL'd in the title).  I created this thread to poke fun of some, who might think we're worldbeaters right now.  That's why I pointed out we've played, and will play some awful OLs and Os. Just trying to get ahead of all the "Our D is #1", and "Ballard is a genius" threads, coming in the next couple weeks.
    • That may be true because of his injury, but I think he'd play a lot better than average in a different scheme if he were indeed healthy. IMO, we drafted him knowing what he was good at, then didn't use him in that way (changing schemes the next year). 
    • I think you're going to be disappointed if you want a #1 used on a WR. Just don't see it happening. DE, LT, or QB, yes, but not WR. I get your frustration overall on WR, but let's not forget, Luck had a motley crew in 2018 and we were #6ish passing O. You probably don't know, but we're #7 right now. I'm fine with taking a WR in the 1st, if you can afford it, but there's other positions that simply have a lot greater drop off from early rounds to mid rounds. And WR is a position where your chances are still good into the mid rounds.    And passing O just isn't about WRs, especially in our O. Purely my opinion, but as long as we're top 10 in passing O, we're not going earlier than 2nd round on a WR (or TE) unless one of those positions is totally void of talent.   Overall, Ballard has put in the effort with FA and draft capital. Just had some really bad luck with injury, so I don't see him changing his strategy when it comes to the position.    And I think you mentioned CB. IMO, given our scheme (which like @Superman I'm still unsure of), doubt we're going to big on CB, or any DB for that matters given what Ballard has already invested in (primarily because we have bigger high dollar needs). I could see a FA more than draft though.     In Ballard's 4 years at pass-catcher, he's drafted two 2nds, one 5th, and 2 6ths, and a pass catching APB in the 4th. At the same time he signed FAs like Funchess, Ebron, and Grant. Grant didn't pan out, but at the time teams were after him. The Ravens were close to signing him to a 4 year deal. I still don't understand how he could flunk their physical and pass ours. Even if you discard the 5th and 6ths, that's 5 legit attempts at WR and TE in 4 years. I would call that effort.
    • Yeah he should try a different defense for sure.  I still think he will be average at best wherever he goes.  Not a bad player just not a good one.  I hope he recovers physically and has an opportunity to continue his career. 
    • Exactly; '85 Bears.....LOL....     Until they play an upper tier, NFL offense, the hyperbole re the Colts D   should probably be tempered a bit.
  • Members

• EastStreet

EastStreet 6,236

• Moe

Moe 49

• RollerColt

RollerColt 2,464

• CheezyColt

CheezyColt 1,004

• Nadine

Nadine 10,366

Administrators