Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Raiders Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Ok.  That's all folks. 

On the positives: we have a balanced offense, with viable air and ground attack. 

On the negatives: Perhaps it was only for today, but D was plain bad, however they've put it together for the 4th. I know they 'bend but don't break', still we can't afford it against quality opponents.

The talent is there, we need to learn and develop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

But I will say that this is a more impressive win than last week. We the O has obviously been great again, but the D did step up and make big plays when needed in the clutch 4th. The running game has been a joy to watch 

To keep it somewhat grounded, the Raiders are a bad team.  I will give the Colts credit for sticking with it when they easily could have rolled over and died, but that performance would not have beat very many teams in the NFL.  The defense got some stops when they absolutely needed it, but they got their butts handed to them for most of the game.  The only reason they had a chance to redeem themselves is because the offense played close to perfect (or alternatively, the Raiders' defense was just as bad).

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

To keep it somewhat grounded, the Raiders are a bad team.  I will give the Colts credit for sticking with it when they easily could have rolled over and died, but that performance would not have beat very many teams in the NFL.  The defense got some stops when they absolutely needed it, but they got their butts handed to them for most of the game.  The only reason they had a chance to redeem themselves is because the offense played close to perfect (or alternatively, the Raiders' defense was just as bad).

Let us just enjoy this....    I get what you're saying, but 2 wins in a row is a good confidence builder.   The team is coming together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Ok.  That's all folks. 

On the positives: we have a balanced offense, with viable air and ground attack. 

On the negatives: Perhaps it was only for today, but D was plain bad, however they've put it together for the 4th. I know they 'bend but don't break', still we can't afford it against quality opponents.

The talent is there, we need to learn and develop.

The "bend but don't break" did not exist today. All they did was break (see: no FGs/red zone stops) until those last two drives.

Great result, looked for a while that it could have gone either way at some points, but we got there in the end. It is a shame the bye week is next as it breaks the momentum, keep playing like this and we could still be play off contenders.

Well done the Colts.

As i said,...our pass defense is in dire need of looking over scheme wise.  Too many holes for a decent/good QB to pick apart zone.  But i love our offense right now.  The O-line hasn't given up a sack in the past 3 games.  1 in the past 4.  And our RB's are ALL moving the sticks. When the o-line gives holes..Mack can one-cut at the second level and break a huge run any given touch. 200+ rushing for team 2 weeks in a row...great game.

3 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Can the Debbie downers ever let us enjoy a win? Good grief

• Like 1

The defense was a no show today, no passrush, but mistakes from the front, lots of missed tackles, and the secondary badly missed Hooker, our safeties could not deal with those simple seams in between zones.

But a great, surgical production from the offense. They put up 29 points, 4TDs and a 2 point conversion off of 4 drives. Perfect record. Crazy, even against this not good Raiders defense. It's crazy against any NFL defense.

• Like 1

Again, What a November schedule!  Colts enjoy their Week 9 bye week, then home games at the real LOS hosting the Jaguars, Dolphins and Titans.  Colts play their next road game for the rematch at Jacksonville on December 2.

No Colts Game Day Thread next Sunday, Let's savor this 42-28 win from Oakland today!

Happy Halloween!  GO COLTS!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Again, What a November schedule!  Colts enjoy their Week 9 bye week, then home games at the real LOS hosting the Jaguars, Dolphins and Titans.  Colts play their next road game for the rematch at Jacksonville on December 2.

No Colts Game Day Thread next Sunday, Let's savor this 42-28 win from Oakland today!

Happy Halloween!  GO COLTS!!!!

:agree:     I'm happy to enjoy these last two wins, and hope we can continue after the Bye.   

7 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Let us just enjoy this....    I get what you're saying, but 2 wins in a row is a good confidence builder.   The team is coming together.

I'm not saying don't enjoy it.  I guess I'm just trying to temper the enthusiasm somewhat.  Fans have a tendency to go to extremes.  I'm glad they won, but I also recognize that if they were playing just about any other team than the Raiders then today's performance would have resulted in a loss.  They're still a 3-5 team, but that is better than being a 2-6 team.  There are definitely positives to take out of it.  The offense is starting to click after being almost entirely absent for the beginning of the season.  We actually have a legitimate running game.  I mean, back-to-back 200+ yard rushing games for the first time in my lifetime?  That is impressive even if one of those games was against the Raiders.  I'm salivating at the thought of having Andrew Luck at QB with a running game that will actually make opposing defenses bite on play action.  The offense will be scary good if they can sustain this running game.

• Like 1