LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Raiders Game Day Thread

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

Ok, we have chance to win it now.

Just kidding, 2 scores up, 3 minutes left, we won.

Let's not count the fowl just yet...

But I will say that this is a more impressive win than last week. We the O has obviously been great again, but the D did step up and make big plays when needed in the clutch 4th. The running game has been a joy to watch 

Still sloppy flags, but earlier in the season we'd have lost this. Shows some development. 

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

When we start winning....

giphy.gif

I'll admit that I'm somewhat shocked silent right now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Can a rookie get Defensive player of the year...….. I am being serious !......And as I type this TD COLTS !!!!!

only rookie to ever do it was Lawrence taylor

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Man this OL has been amazing

When's the last time that phrase has ever been uttered describing the colts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, csmopar said:

last week!

• Haha 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Hold on let me check some

old VHS tapes lmao 

• Haha 3

Moving in the right direction and as we keep winning the haters will scatter like roaches. Luck is back and so are the Colts. I got news for the Jags, after the Bye Luck is about to pick Ramsey and his boys apart.

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

giphy.gif

I go back and read all the “Luck is done. He’ll never play again” comments and touch myself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Moving in the right direction and as we keep winning the haters will scatter like roaches. Luck is back and so are the Colts. I got news for the Jags, after the Bye Luck is about to pick Ramsey and his boys apart.

If we somehow win out and go 11-5, I won't know what to think. We still have work to do though and Houston looks to have the groove back

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would enjoy immensely Luck lighting him up. 

• Thanks 1

Raiders fans leaving game early to go out and tear stuff up and maybe burn some store fronts. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

only rookie to ever do it was Lawrence taylor

Yeah and it is safe to say it is not going to happen. As good as leonard is, he is no LT. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

23 tds, on track for 46!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

giphy.gif

We are still 3-5 man.  But it beats 1-7.  Lol. Hey if we couldn’t  beat the Bills and Raiders then we are worst than many of us suspected.   Glad they won...it basically shows that they handled their business.  Still have to continue to string together some wins after the bye to get to .500.

• Like 1

Leonard showing up at the right time. Dude is a killer and I’m more than glad we took him in the 2nd round. 

Anyone saying otherwise just wants to argue. 

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

We are still 3-5 man.  But it beats 1-7.  Lol. Hey if we couldn’t  beat the Bills and Raiders then we are worst than many of us suspected.   Glad they won...it basically shows that they handled their business.  Still have to continue to string together some wins after the bye to get to .500.

I fully appreciate that, more a comment on those who come here to only post negativity when it's not going so well. Like an inverse homer. 

Excellent game by Luck today.  Spread the ball around nicely and no costly mistakes!  It’s amazing what a strong running game does.  Props! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I fully appreciate that, more a comment on those who come here to only post negativity when it's not going so well. Like an inverse homer. 

Ok gotcha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Leonard showing up at the right time. Dude is a killer and I’m more than glad we took him in the 2nd round. 

Anyone saying otherwise just wants to argue. 

Who the hell is saying otherwise?

Ok.  That's all folks. 

On the positives: we have a balanced offense, with viable air and ground attack. 

On the negatives: Perhaps it was only for today, but D was plain bad, however they've put it together for the 4th. I know they 'bend but don't break', still we can't afford it against quality opponents.

The talent is there, we need to learn and develop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

But I will say that this is a more impressive win than last week. We the O has obviously been great again, but the D did step up and make big plays when needed in the clutch 4th. The running game has been a joy to watch 

To keep it somewhat grounded, the Raiders are a bad team.  I will give the Colts credit for sticking with it when they easily could have rolled over and died, but that performance would not have beat very many teams in the NFL.  The defense got some stops when they absolutely needed it, but they got their butts handed to them for most of the game.  The only reason they had a chance to redeem themselves is because the offense played close to perfect (or alternatively, the Raiders' defense was just as bad).