Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 Players Ruled Out for Raiders Game

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only player out that hurts is Hooker. We should be able to get by the Raiders pretty easily as long as Mack plays (which I think he will). Definitely a good sign on the injury report with Doyle and Autry back, and Venitari most likely playing.

The loss if Swoope hurts.   This coaching staff likes all the tight ends it can get.

And the loss of Ward hurts.   We’re banged up on the defensive front.  Not good when that’s the strength of your defense.

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The loss if Swoope hurts.   This coaching staff likes all the tight ends it can get.

And the loss of Ward hurts.   We’re banged up on the defensive front.  Not good when that’s the strength of your defense.

Swoope is a good red zone target, and without him, we can't use some 3 TE sets, but Doyle is a slight upgrade over Swoope for this week. We also get Autry to replace Ward as well. Not much of a downgrade, if any. Though I will admit, the Ward to IR stinks as he was making an impact.

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't usually laugh about tight end references...but that one got me.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Swoope is a good red zone target, and without him, we can't use some 3 TE sets, but Doyle is a slight upgrade over Swoope for this week. We also get Autry to replace Ward as well. Not much of a downgrade, if any. Though I will admit, the Ward to IR stinks as he was making an impact.

Tyqan lewis should return after the bye

• Like 2
1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Is it just me or how could Vinatieri recover from such a groin injury in one week. If it was so bad last week that he made every kick look awful I don't see why you you rush him back on the field so quickly

I believe someone mentioned earlier in the week that maybe the Colts go for 2 after touchdowns (might be a better choice vs this defense regardless of Vinny's health), and they also go for more 4th downs as opposed to field goals. 

He's like insurance: hope you don't need him, but he's there if you do. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I believe someone mentioned earlier in the week that maybe the Colts go for 2 after touchdowns (might be a better choice vs this defense regardless of Vinny's health), and they also go for more 4th downs as opposed to field goals. 

He's like insurance: hope you don't need him, but he's there if you do. 

I've been an insurance agent for 25 years so I understand what you're saying LOL

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Here is the video of his interview from youtube.    
    • As for my grade...I think C to C+ is fair. Getting Paye has more overall weight, otherwise I might have been really harsh.   Draft success can be so largely contingent on draft capital. And considering they had a total of (11) Day 2 picks the previous three drafts (9 of which were 2nd rounders)...they had a such a larger margin for error those years.   Not the case this year...and wasn’t really the case in 2017.    Here are my grades:   Paye: A Dayo: D  Granson: C Davis: B Ehlinger: D Strachan: C Fries: C   Davis seems like a decent S depth pick, but I don’t really see the value in the other late picks either. But like you said, I won’t lose sleep over it.   But I have so much cognitive dissonance on Dayo. You see the traits on tape but then do research on Achilles injuries...and I can’t get past it. It’s one thing if you are a vet OT like Fisher, but Dayo’s game is predicated on his athletic traits. Many players do not return to that level.   I do like Paye. But if he doesn’t hit...this could be a Grigson-esque draft in a few years.
    • You guys better make this call a thing when Dayo (and the fans) return to the stadium...   
    • Interesting stuff there. Trey Lance from everything we have heard is a really great kid. He really lights up a room when he does interviews.
    • You and I had discussed that we couldn't figure out what the Colts were trying to do with their personnel.  With this draft, it appears they are trying to run like hockey shift changes with Dlinemen ala San Francisco.   I don't think either one of these guys projects to be a big pass rusher, but both appear to me to me a Jadeveon Clowney type of edge setter and double team takers.  Clowney is a good player.     I agree with you on the Paye and Dayo picks as far as being  year 3 types, hopefully contributors.   I don't see us being better this year.  Paye cannot replace Houston and Autry, and the other guy probably won't be a significant contributor.    I am fine with the LT thing.  I don't think the team could afford to invest too much more draft capital or salary in the Oline.   I still think we need a big weapon on O in the passing game.  I don't think any of our guys can fill this primary, alpha receiver type of role.   The potential problem with this draft IMO, is by the time Paye and Day potentially become studs, we will be paying out the nose on LG and Will, and will still be looking for contributers in key positions.   I think Ballard has done a great job making us competitive, but so far I don't see us rising from 2nd tier team to a 1st tier team unless Wentz is way better than PR.  They will much to your pleasure open up the play book with CW.  Hope it works out.    
  • Members

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • TheNextGM

TheNextGM 352

• coltsfanej

coltsfanej 294

• midmoColtsfan

midmoColtsfan 0

• Fisticuffs111

Fisticuffs111 2,005