Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 Players Ruled Out for Raiders Game


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only player out that hurts is Hooker. We should be able to get by the Raiders pretty easily as long as Mack plays (which I think he will). Definitely a good sign on the injury report with Doyle and Autry back, and Venitari most likely playing.

 

The loss if Swoope hurts.   This coaching staff likes all the tight ends it can get.

 

And the loss of Ward hurts.   We’re banged up on the defensive front.  Not good when that’s the strength of your defense.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

The loss if Swoope hurts.   This coaching staff likes all the tight ends it can get.

 

And the loss of Ward hurts.   We’re banged up on the defensive front.  Not good when that’s the strength of your defense.

 

Swoope is a good red zone target, and without him, we can't use some 3 TE sets, but Doyle is a slight upgrade over Swoope for this week. We also get Autry to replace Ward as well. Not much of a downgrade, if any. Though I will admit, the Ward to IR stinks as he was making an impact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

The loss if Swoope hurts.   This coaching staff likes all the tight ends it can get.

 

And the loss of Ward hurts.   We’re banged up on the defensive front.  Not good when that’s the strength of your defense.

 

 

I don't usually laugh about tight end references...but that one got me.

 

 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Swoope is a good red zone target, and without him, we can't use some 3 TE sets, but Doyle is a slight upgrade over Swoope for this week. We also get Autry to replace Ward as well. Not much of a downgrade, if any. Though I will admit, the Ward to IR stinks as he was making an impact.

Tyqan lewis should return after the bye

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Is it just me or how could Vinatieri recover from such a groin injury in one week. If it was so bad last week that he made every kick look awful I don't see why you you rush him back on the field so quickly

 

I believe someone mentioned earlier in the week that maybe the Colts go for 2 after touchdowns (might be a better choice vs this defense regardless of Vinny's health), and they also go for more 4th downs as opposed to field goals. 

 

He's like insurance: hope you don't need him, but he's there if you do. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coltsva said:

 

I believe someone mentioned earlier in the week that maybe the Colts go for 2 after touchdowns (might be a better choice vs this defense regardless of Vinny's health), and they also go for more 4th downs as opposed to field goals. 

 

He's like insurance: hope you don't need him, but he's there if you do. 

 I've been an insurance agent for 25 years so I understand what you're saying LOL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...