Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waaaay too early 2019 mock

Normally, I would totally refrain from doing one of these until the season was finished.  (Be here now!)  But I can't help myself.

This is based solely on the current Draft Tek rating (I can't trust CBS Draft Prospects anymore), and an assumption that we'll be drafting somewhere between pick 7 and 12.

Round 1 - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

Greedy Williams will be long gone by the time we pick.  But right now, Love is a Jim Thorpe semifinalist, the Irish defensive MVP, and a mid-season All American.  Nice blend of need and BPA for our first pick. (#8 Draft Tek rank)

Round 2 - David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin

Wisconsin has the best OL in college football.  Right Tackle Edwards is a team leader, which some predict may be their first OL picked.  Going with the Draft Tek ranking right now.  But it would be very cool if he fell this far.  (#41 Draft Tek rank)

Round 2 (from NYJ) - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

Campbell has been trying all this year to put it all together.  He's got phenomenal speed, but has yet to own lining up on the outside.  The talent is there.  It's just taking the next step.  Let's see how he looks at the Combine.  But right now, he's on my watch list.  (#62 Draft Tek rank)

Round 3 - Kendall Joseph, OLB, Clemson

Joseph is a lightning fast Will 'backer who has a history of injuries, but a tackling machine.  Am banking on those injuries to drop him this far.  If he stays healthy, we can put him on the field with Leonard and Walker, and have a linebacking corps that's truly terrifying.  (#58 Draft Tek rank)

That'll do to go with.  The rankings are too fluid at this time to aim at any single player after round 3.  We'll see how things shake out 6 months from now!