Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Video ,polian - Colts Have 9 Draft Picks This Year,may Get More, Will Have " Oodles Of Cap Space Starting Next Year ",if U Want To Win Now,sign Peyton

bayone

I have to say, it's good to see Bill smiling and giving his 2 cents about the colts draft position. Not sure if it's age, or illness, but i think his best GM does are behind him. I wish him well in his latter years, and look forward to seeing him inducted into the hall of fame. Thanks Bill Polian for your many years of service!.....P.S. Chris Polian's lack of judgement is what sank our ship, not Bill,...is what im still clinging to, but that horse died last year, sorry for kicking him again...

Video 3 minutes

as a result Colts can rebuild & retool maybe not this year but quickly thereafter

http://espn.go.com/b...nings-departure

Its funny how he still says 'we'

.....So we have 9 draft choices..and we'd get more if Wayne and Garcon go elsewhere?

Is that what he's saying? Do we get a pick for Peyton...?

Obviously...no Peyton and Luck's salary limited by the new rules.. we're in the money in 2013, 2014 and 2105

...but I dont really know the guys making the choices...no track record

He almost has to be referring to the likely 2 compensatory picks that haven't been officially announced yet. If memory serves me correctly those were announced around 3/25 last year.

That is probably correct, but according to what I have read and been told the compensatory picks will be based on how many free agents the Colts lose and how many they pick up. I would not think he would have any idea about how that would turn out.

Good good, why are we getting 2 compensatory picks? I know it's because if a free agent leaves unsigned and gets signed by another, but who was that... Session and Charlie Johnson?

Yes, Session and Johnson. The speculation is a 4th for Session and a 6th for Johnson, but that is not official. Next year, we could have up to 10 assuming Wayne leaves along with Manning and quite possibly someone like Saturday. Mannings and most likely Waynes would be at the end of the third round. Saturdays probably later. This is one reason why I think we should hold off on Free Agency for a year unless there is a guy who the coaches feel we need, not want.

That is probably correct, but according to what I have read and been told the compensatory picks will be based on how many free agents the Colts lose and how many they pick up. I would not think he would have any idea about how that would turn out.

It's based on the past year. So, what happens this year as far as free agents are concerned will effect next years draft picks.

Yes, Session and Johnson. The speculation is a 4th for Session and a 6th for Johnson, but that is not official. Next year, we could have up to 10 assuming Wayne leaves along with Manning and quite possibly someone like Saturday. Mannings and most likely Waynes would be at the end of the third round. Saturdays probably later. This is one reason why I think we should hold off on Free Agency for a year unless there is a guy who the coaches feel we need, not want.

I don't think we get anything for Manning since he was cut. Garcon maybe if he leaves.

the sad thing is we didn't get a pick, a player, or a dime for letting manning go. nothing!

I THINK, and I'm not 100% sure, we will get a comp pick in the 2013 draft for Peyton. I guess it depends on how it is interpreted. Was he cut or was his contract not picked up thus making him a free agent. Hopefully it is the latter.

No, Manning was released from a contract. His contract did not expire. The FAs that leave this year get compensatory picks for next year, not this year.

No, Manning was released from a contract. His contract did not expire

I hope that that is not how it is interpreted, but you are probably correct.

. The FAs that leave this year get compensatory picks for next year, not this year.

You are definitely correct about that.

It's based on a formula. He likely has knowledge of the formula.

This is just great. Rich and full of ^cowpatties^.

"....Have alot of room under the salary cap in future years.....Oodles of $ in years to come".........

So in several years, the team you over saw will have lots and lots of money?

He needs fired from this job as well.....

I THINK, and I'm not 100% sure, we will get a comp pick in the 2013 draft for Peyton. I guess it depends on how it is interpreted. Was he cut or was his contract not picked up thus making him a free agent. Hopefully it is the latter.

His contract was terminated.

Wayne/Saturday/Garcon/etc would be put into the formula based on what players we bring in. Peyton won't be. Their contract expired. His didn't.

Bill should probably STHU considering it's his fault we're in this mess right now.

/anger

/rage

Thats what I think is just hilarious.

Essentially Bill just said 'Yea I really >>>ed this team, BUT!!!, in the future, after I had been fired, the team will have money to spend'....

Thats what I think is just hilarious.

Essentially Bill just said 'Yea I really >>>ed this team, BUT!!!, in the future, after I had been fired, the team will have money to spend'....

I'd defintely throw rotten tomatoes at him given the chance.

Is there a limit to # of compensatory pucks However ???

& what happens this year FA lkeaving & signing applies to next years , so not sure what else he is referring to

Hearing we have 9 picks definitely helps things out, this team needs all the help it can get. This year the salary cap will still be tight, but after this year there should be plenty of space. I don't want this team to go nuts on free agents, but a couple of top players here and there wouldn't hurt.

I am convinced Irsay is has relapsed. I think he he is Poppin pain pills and drinking again. Mark my words. We are in for a decade of embarrassment . All these knuckle heads that Irsay hired will b long gone b4 the Colts make a legit playoff run. I hope Peyton Stays in the AFC South and Reminds Irsay of his mistake twice a year for the next 7 years.

He almost has to be referring to the likely 2 compensatory picks that haven't been officially announced yet. If memory serves me correctly those were announced around 3/25 last year.

Yup. I looked that up a few days ago. I think it was 3/25 or 3/26 that they were announced. So, wait a couple weeks and we'll know for sure.

By the way, anyone thinking we'll get a 4th rounder for Session, I'd temper that a bit. He didn't play well at all last year, but maybe the value of his contract will push it up. I'd think maybe two 6ths, and then be pleasantly surprised to the positive.

Another by the way, this would be three compensatories if we had let Addai walk last year. That is, unless we signed Donte Whitner with that money, then we'd probably still just get the two.