Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patrick Peterson wants out of AZ

TYtheGHOST

1 minute ago, TYtheGHOST said:

Only 28 years old. Anyone see us making this move as a possibility?

KC Chiefs wanted to go after Earl Thomas, till the injury happened; I can see them making a move to bolster their secondary.

I can also see the Rams moving after losing Talib for the season. If you are a contender, who needs just a player or two to get you over the top, it makes sense, not for us.

• Like 2

Just now, chad72 said:

KC Chiefs wanted to go after Earl Thomas, till the injury happened; I can see them making a move to bolster their secondary.

I can also see the Rams moving after losing Talib for the season. If you are a contender, who needs just a player or two to get you over the top, it makes sense, not for us.

I can see him being moved to an afc team, hard for me to believe he’ll be sent to a division rival 

3 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I'll do a 3rd round pick 

That's actually probably a fair price to pay.  although I could see them wanting more since his dead money were he to be cut before the end of his deal makes him low risk if he doesn't pan out.  In other words, because the remainder of his contract is appealing, it might naturally make the bidding process more competitive.

Peterson is a good CB, if the price wasn't too high, I'd do it, but I don't realistically think this something he'd want or Ballard would do.

I get the impression Ballard has an eye for DB's and isn't inclined to invest heavy capital at the position. 

• Thanks 1

Based on all the previous trade discussion on these boards, I would say the majority of Colts fans would be ok with this trade if we only give up a 7th round pick in 2020, and the Cardinals pick up the majority of the salary. Otherwise they are against it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I’d love it. That’s one less position we would need to address in the draft. I’d give a 2nd and a mid round pick for arguably the best corner in the league.

He is more of a man CB though, he will want man CB money, so I doubt we will even go after him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Based on all the previous trade discussion on these boards, I would say the majority of Colts fans would be ok with this trade if we only give up a 7th round pick in 2020, and the Cardinals pick up the majority of the salary. Otherwise they are against it. 

Anyone who says that is trolling, guys been to the pro bowl the past seven years, has two interceptions this year  IN SPITE OF most teams being afraid to throw his way

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Wait, doesn't he want out in part because he's not a great fit for their zone defense? He's a great press man guy, I don't think he'd really wanna come here.

That needs to be known almost immediately before any real discussion can take place.

This is just reaffirming to me that Ballard is going to be able to use more than FA to bring in impact talent. The NFL is becoming much more trade-friendly with so many players becoming interchangeable. 

This offseason I hope he puts his cap space to work.

1 hour ago, ColtV said:

Lol..... Yeah seems like plenty here are against adding top talent. Especially if it's fair market price. haha

• Like 1

What's going on with Gareon Conley to where the Raiders want to get rid of him this early?  Ballard seems to like Ohio State players.  Wonder if he'd get one of Apple or Conley?  The schemes they played in at Ohio State are similar to what we play here in Indy I do believe.   I know Tyquan Lewis said it was virtually the same, but maybe he was just talking about on the D Line .

4 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

That's actually probably a fair price to pay.  although I could see them wanting more since his dead money were he to be cut before the end of his deal makes him low risk if he doesn't pan out.  In other words, because the remainder of his contract is appealing, it might naturally make the bidding process more competitive.

There is not much dead money remaining, only stg like 1.2 mills, thats not much. The Cardinals also payed 4 mills of his 11 mill 2018 salary though, so - considering that he also earned 7 games of money - he'c cost something like 5 mills or less for the new team for 2018. That's bargain price. Which, you are right, might elevate the asking price regarding picks (or compensational players).

I don't think Peterson is going to want to go to a non-contending team.  Otherwise he'd just stay put in Phoenix.  The only way I could see it is if he felt like that team was just a year away, then he could ride out the rest of this season and get the scheme down and then make a run with that team next season.  The question would be are the Colts that team?  There is little doubt he would help this team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well just off top of my head Josh Gordan for a 5th rounder... Carlos Hyde is not a Top talent rb But is better than Turbin/Wilkins. He too coulda been had for a 5th.

Gordon is one more failed test away from being gone a long time.   But he certainly would have helped us.   No reason to trade for hyde.  Our backs are good and younger

We’re not getting him anyway, but i dont think it would be good for us to get him. He is going for at least a first round and few other picks, after the Cooper trade.  He is good on the exact opposite scheme that our defense plays, so we wouldn’t using him at full potential. It would mess up all the rebuild plan that we have. I rather address our issues through Draft and FA, i rather stick to the plan than picking up a player that would have some impact in our team, but not enough to make us top of the league