Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Will Go To An Afc Team...

bap1331

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was his response? Im just curious lol

Just got home from work and saw your post....

His response was total disbelief as a diehard Pats fan he thinks the sun rises and sets with Belichick and Brady and Manning is only a Colt....or now an ex-Colt.

I think he wants to face his brother in the Super Bowl.

-I think the Dolphins would be the best choice. They have a good defense but all they need is a quarterback.

or maybe the Cardinals.

Miami would mean he has to go through the Patriots every single season in a battle for the AFC East.. That is not his best chance to win a Super Bowl, but im sure the NFL is rooting for that because of ratings whenever they play.

Having to defeat the Patriots for a division every year is nobodies best chance at a Super Bowl

The more I keep thinking about it the more I like the Chiefs. I think they are a more talented team than the Dolphins on both sides of the ball and also play in a much weaker division. I also think Peyton would be more comfortable playing for a more seasoned HC like Crennel (who's not overbearing from all accounts, unlike Mike "perpetually tanned" Shanahan) over an unknown like Philbin. Crennel being a defensive guy also probably means he will leave the offense alone.

Also after hearing how crazy Miami is acting over Manning right now I think a smaller city like KC is a better fit for him.

Imo the Eli connection kills all NFC East teams and the Jets. I dont think he wants to be anywhere near his brothers turf. I certainly dont think he wants to play him twice a year. I think the reason he wants to stay in the AFC is so that he doesnt have to face Eli in the playoffs or have a chance of keeping the Giants out of the playoffs.

I think KC and Miami are the best two fits. I don't really care other than I selfishly hope its not Houston.

Also after hearing how crazy Miami is acting over Manning right now I think a smaller city like KC is a better fit for him.

So, what jersey number will Peyton wear in Kansas City if he goes there? #18 is retired due to Emmitt Thomas. I suspect #19 for honoring Unitas???

Cross Washington off the list ... just read an article where Manning told the Skins he was not interested in going there ....

http://www.latimes.c...story?track=rss

I say the 49ers or the Texans should sign him ... either team is set up to win multiple SBs if he was 100%.

Below from my http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/6004-report-redskins-already-out-on-peyton-manning-chase/

ā€œA couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manningā€™s camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesnā€™t want to come here,ā€ Russell said Thursday on ESPN's "SportsCenter,"

via ProFootballTalk.com. "ā€¦ Thereā€™s lots of reasons for that. His brother Eli, the colder weather, the whole situation down in Miami and so on and so forth. But unless that changes -- and Iā€™m taking my sources at their word -- I donā€™t think Manningā€™s coming here to D.C.ā€

NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk -- a former teammate of Manning's in Indy -- stated emphatically on Wednesday that Manning

will never play in the same conference, let alone division, as his brother.

"We need to see a Manning Super Bowl, that's what they want, this family wants it," said Faulk, who shares the same first name as one of Manning's sons. "He will not upstage his brother and knock him out of going to the Super Bowl by being in the NFC."

Having to defeat the Patriots for a division every year is nobodies best chance at a Super Bowl

To be honest, Manning with the Dolphins would reduce the AFC East's chances of homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Dolphins, Jets, Patriots will all beat up each other, Pats may not run away with the division all the time like in the past because Sanchez mucks it up, and the 13-3 and 14-2 records may dwindle to 11-5 and 12-4

So, what jersey number will Peyton wear in Kansas City if he goes there? #18 is retired due to Emmitt Thomas. I suspect #19 for honoring Unitas???

Dont know but hopefully Manning wont hinge his decision on jersey number availability :)

I suspect he'd just wear any available number close to 18. 19 would be cool though in honor of JU. Didnt Montana wear 19 there (dont know how I remember that or why)?

I'd be disappointed to see him go to Miami, Jets, or wash. Miami has a great NBA team, simply by buying the best players - I don't like the thought that they would be buying the main cog in their football team. Jets - I hate the annual media hype and Rex Ryan. Redskins: as I said in another thread it would be a travesty to see the team that caused the neck injury with a cheap shot end up with him.

I hate Lebron & the Heat, but you realize he took LESS money to paly with Miami... for him it was all about playing with his buddies he made...

Arizona and Miami both have #18 available or at least unretired, the Broncos Frank Tripuca wore that number and it isn't available so couple that and the cold weather in Denver I'm thinking Miami may still be the home for Peytons future.

Not scientific but hey we're just scatter shooting here anyway.

Why the Broncos? They have Tebow. lol. Hes gonna have a great career!

Tim Tebow believers are delusional. He can not consistently throw the ball down the field & his scrambling wears down his offensive linemen too quickly. He is pathetic! Peyton Manning will end of in Denver & John Elway will trade Tebow to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I'd like to see him end up with KC or Arizona. The Chiefs fans are great and deserve a super bowl. Arizona would be great because it's the NFC and west coast which means we'd have a better chance of getting to see him play as the 4:00 Fox game (I expect the Colts will play a lot of 1:00 Sunday games).

I'd cheer loudly and proudly for him in KC or Arizona. Plus, if he chooses Arizona - which is IMO a perfect fit for him - he'd play 11 our of 16 games in 2012 in a DOME!! If he chooses Miami...I won't buy a jersey or bother to keep too close tabs on him. I despise the Fish.

His neck can no longer support that enormous gourd. His massive brain weighs twice as much as a normal brain. His weakened neck isn't up to the task, and he just can't recover. IMO.

You need to stop acting like your a learned doctor, this is the second time you have made a ridiculous statement about Peyton.

Arizona is a good fit but then in NFC and may go against Giants for NFL title 1 year and dont think he wants that unless its really only and far superior option, cany imagine the heartache it would be for parents to watch, they would rather meet in superbowl

His neck can no longer support that enormous gourd. His massive brain weighs twice as much as a normal brain. His weakened neck isn't up to the task, and he just can't recover. IMO.

OK, I just co-incidentally replied to you on another thread in which I questioned your insistence that you were a Colts fan in the 70s. Apparently I shouldn't have bothered, as this reply strongly suggests that you a fourteen year old troll. Please spare us any more of your enlightened opinions.

OK, I just co-incidentally replied to you on another thread in which I questioned your insistence that you were a Colts fan in the 70s. Apparently I shouldn't have bothered, as this reply strongly suggests that you a fourteen year old troll. Please spare us any more of your enlightened opinions.

Glad you spoke up MAC because I have been biting my tongue with all the post he has made. I'm sure I would have been slapped on the hands with a response I would have made. :highfive: Ya saved me friend.

Glad you spoke up MAC because I have been biting my tongue with all the post he has made. I'm sure I would have been slapped on the hands with a response I would have made. :highfive: Ya saved me friend.

You should see what I said to him in the other thread. I might get my own hand slapped, but I'm just not in the mood for somebody to come on here and take advantage of everyone's misery - making things worse in the process. I don't need worse.

From what they said on the NFLN this morn, it sounds as if Manning may interview and choose a team without ever working out or throwing for them. These teams are so hot for Peyton they may commit without doing their due diligence - it could bite them. For his sake, I hope PM is or will be fully back to form, but I don't think there's any guarantee at this time that that will be the case come training camp.

I'd cheer loudly and proudly for him in KC or Arizona. Plus, if he chooses Arizona - which is IMO a perfect fit for him - he'd play 11 our of 16 games in 2012 in a DOME!! If he chooses Miami...I won't buy a jersey or bother to keep too close tabs on him. I despise the Fish.

If I hear one more person use this C-R-A-Z-Y- Dome argument for Peyton Manning, I am going to bleeping scream & break something!!! Do people forget the 2006 Superbowl in the rain? Is there mass amnesia on here? All these doubters act like Peyton has not won any significant game in snow, wind, rain, or fog. Please stop this insane, ludicrous point once & for all please. It is a frivolous argument with zero validity & merit. You name the stadium, time zone, & place & Peyton will slice up any opponent day or night with clinical precision!!!

If I hear one more person use this C-R-A-Z-Y- Dome argument for Peyton Manning, I am going to bleeping scream & break something!!! Do people forget the 2006 Superbowl in the rain? Is there mass amnesia on here? All these doubters act like Peyton has not won any significant game in snow, wind, rain, or fog. Please stop this insane, ludicrous point once & for all please. It is a frivolous argument with zero validity & merit. You name the stadium, time zone, & place & Peyton will slice up any opponent day or night with clinical precision!!!

Easy on the caffeine southwest1 > I'm not saying Manning can't play outside with the other kids, all I'm saying is taking into consideration his surgeries, he can live in an arid environment which will be great for his neck, and play in a dome...which he is accustomed to playing in. That's all. If you want him to live in Miami and play for the freakin' Fish, where they can't give away tix to a game, then fine. I happen to want something different.

I think he wants to face his brother in the Super Bowl.

-I think the Dolphins would be the best choice. They have a good defense but all they need is a quarterback.

or maybe the Cardinals.

Facing Eli in the Super Bowl shouldn't have much to do with his decision but I also hope he goes to Miami, NOT Denver.

I can't believe of all reasonable teams in the NFL where Peyton could go, he is looking at Denver and AZ. I would be calling San Fran, Baltimore, Houston, KC, in that order..

Denver was already a playoff team with Tebow as QB...they would only be better with Peyton, not to mention the fact that they have nearly $45 million in available cap space as it stands right now...that would go a LONG way towards adding additional pieces

I can't believe of all reasonable teams in the NFL where Peyton could go, he is looking at Denver and AZ. I would be calling San Fran, Baltimore, Houston, KC, in that order..

Houston is out because Peyton wants to leave the AFC Division completely behind him & Matt Schaub is their franchise QB. San Fran is out because Coach Jim Harbaugh won't turn over the complete offense to Peyton & for some strange reason, he believes Alex Smith is his franchise QB. Baltimore is out because Flacco has proven his playoff worth as a QB & he will receive a contract extension. KC has a legitimate shot at landing Peyton here. A ton of former #1 draft picks on both sides of the ball & Coach Romeo Carnell would protect #18 quite well. Best fit IMO is Denver under John Fox & John Elway. Great offensive line & defensive lines, Elway will get Peyton receivers & a reliable running game, & both Fox & Elway want to get rid of Tim Tebow immediately. Peyton gives them the perfect exit strategy here & get outta jail free card here. No Tim Tebow mass public fan base backlash here.

Denver was already a playoff team with Tebow as QB...they would only be better with Peyton, not to mention the fact that they have nearly $45 million in available cap space as it stands right now...that would go a LONG way towards adding additional pieces

I guess the cap room is appealing about Denver...

Houston is out because Peyton wants to leave the AFC Division completely behind him & Matt Schaub is their franchise QB. San Fran is out because Coach Jim Harbaugh won't turn over the complete offense to Peyton & for some strange reason, he believes Alex Smith is his franchise QB. Baltimore is out because Flacco has proven his playoff worth as a QB & he will receive a contract extension. KC has a legitimate shot at landing Peyton here. A ton of former #1 draft picks on both sides of the ball & Coach Romeo Carnell would protect #18 quite well. Best fit IMO is Denver under John Fox & John Elway. Great offensive line & defensive lines, Elway will get Peyton receivers & a reliable running game, & both Fox & Elway want to get rid of Tim Tebow immediately. Peyton gives them the perfect exit strategy here & get outta jail free card here. No Tim Tebow mass public fan base backlash here.

Houston is not out if the mix because of AFC South.. Manning has already inquired about them. I live in Baltimore, Flacco had one good playoff game, but I agree they rather have him long term. Agree about San Fran but they are having contract issues. All three aren't ruled out just yet.. Denver would need to spend well in FA to get him.. KC makes too much sense, same with Seattle. Both have better rosters then Denver and AZ and have huge cap room.

I agree. Alex Smith cost them a trip to the SB IMO.

I am not an Alex Smith fan but I would give him another year maybe with Harbaugh. He did fine against the super hyped up Brees led Saints in the divisional round. In the NFCCG he did not play great but then again I am not sure you can point to just him for the loss. The special teams errors cost them.

I don't think you just toss in Peyton and it's more a guarantee in a new system for a SB then a QB who is already there and knows whats up.

JMO

I thought Denver was crazy overrated last season. When facing legit offenses in the Pats and Lions they got creamed. The D is not as good as I think it is made out to be but it's not terrible either. They can't cover TEs either.

8-8 did win the sorry division but AFC West teams also seem doomed to not win a title.

I am not a Tebow fan either. But, he did help them show signs of life when they were down and out.

Most of Denver's run they had.....was luck.